Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Has the look of a remake to me. If they're going that route, hopefully they'll make the extra effort to revamp the last act of the game, where the budget was clearly starting to give out.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still one of my favorite games of all time, but I don't see how anything good can come out of Paradox doing a remake/sequel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, one of the best games ever made. The dedicated fan mod community has also done a fantastic job with the original. I have been waiting a very long time for a sequel or new game with the same license. Recently, I have been hoping that CD would do it after Cyberpunk 2077.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My body is ready.

Haunted Hotel that was super creepy and intense but ended up having 0 enemies was iconic gameplay.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You mean hard mode?

Or maybe just a warning that it's hard mode. I was knowledgeable enough with the setting to know that Nosferatu naturally breach the Masquerade but that could really ruin the game for someone who didn't understand why they got facefucked by cops every time they were on the streets.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I played the shit out of the first one, I remember having some issue with Bloodlines, I bought and played it on release week and never picked it up again. Honestly I could really go for a modern VtM.

I even watched the TV show, although I can't even remember if it was any good, I just remember "vampire stuff".

• 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Kindred the Embraced. It was shit. But it had White Wolf vampires. So it was good campy shit

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I legit have 5 songs from the soundtrack on my playlist for normal stuff to this day.

Game was a solid 11/10 even with the amazing amount of bugs. If this is even just a remaster with a reworked final chapter? Yeah day one purchase.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been tracking the updates on this since the acquisitions a few years ago.

Not going to read the recent news posted here, but I can say some guys from Obsidian should be involved.

Can post a list of names later, of who in particular, is involved from the original-- since that's really the only thing relevant at this point.

I was able to glean from Twitter communications on who is exactly confirmed for the project.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I legit have 5 songs from the soundtrack on my playlist for normal stuff to this day.

Game was a solid 11/10 even with the amazing amount of bugs. If this is even just a remaster with a reworked final chapter? Yeah day one purchase.

I'll guess: Isolated?

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cautiously hyped for what this is gonna be, even more so if it's a completely new game. Wonder if this is just a project announcement or it's well along, because that Werewolf game from Cyanide has been in dev for quite awhile now...assuming it's not in limbo atm.

Caliane

This is a very interesting thing.

The game was half finished. And still arguable one of, if not the best immersive rpg ever.. A remake that FINISHES the game, has so much potential. but, who exactly is involved? how do you finish someone elses work?

The game and Vampire is VERY much a 90's thing. lacuna coil, Ministry, etc.. The city goth corporate culture clash. How will that atmosphere be captured today?

how much of a MARKET is their for a remake of an old, rpg? some perspective..
Despite generally favorable reviews,[63][64] Bloodlines' initial release sold 72,000 copies and earned approximately $3.4 million in sales, below Troika's other games, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (234,000 units, $8.8 million) and The Temple of Elemental Evil (128,000 units, $5.2 million)

steamspy marks the owners at between:
Owners: 500,000 .. 1,000,000