Vampyr

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
A vampire game wouldn't normally get my interest, but after playing Life is Strange I'll give it a fair shot. Probably going to wait for a steam sale though.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've had my eye on this one since it was announced. Looks like it might scratch that VtM:Bloodlines itch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yep same, I'm a huge World of Darkness fan, and Bloodlines is one of my favorite games ever. So seeing a personal horror/supernatural game from DONTNOD has me pretty excited.

• 1Like

Szlia

Dontnod was co-founded by one of the best french author of speculative fiction, Alain Damasio (his books and short stories are hardly translated though because of his brilliant but heavy use of neologisms and word-plays), yet the guy apparently only worked for Remember Me... meh.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So, anyone picked this up yet? Reviews are mixed, but it seems to be due to technical issues?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I guess the load times on this thing are ridiculous. Worse than Original Bloodborne although I am not sure they can get any worse than Battlefront 2.

Molten Core Raider
Im definitely going to pick it up but Im tempted to wait a bit and see if patches cant fix some of the technical issues. It's got some pretty good release week discounts already though so it is tempting (25% off at GMG). It may drop lower in price before I get around to playing it though so I'll probably wait, this looks like a prime candidate for the Steam Summer Sale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr: fun, frustrating, good story, different. worth full price. i'll probably pick it up on a 50% sale though, the combat didn't look fun for me after God of War / Yakuza 6

kudos

<Banned>
This looks like it was made in the 90's. Look at those graphics and animations.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Combat looks awful and graphics + animations overall are fucking terrible. Was looking forward to this but definitely not buying at even close to full price. 12.99 max!

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, those graphics and especially the animations look extremely dated. Seems like it's unique enough to buy for a discounted price eventually (2030 when I finish my backlog..).

Varrus

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, played it non-stop for 8 hours last night. I kinda like the setting so maybe thats why it hooked me in. The dialogue choices and mystery add an adventure game feel to it too beyond just an action game. Also combat isn't that terrible once you unlock a few skills. I got it with GMG with the June discount so I don't feel terribly ripped.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This has a sort of Murdered: Soul Suspect feel, in the way that the story is neat, but they had two interns create the rest of the game. Just looks amateurish. Someone refresh this thread when it goes on sale =)

• 1Worf

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time one of these average vampire games is produced with a subsequently mediocre reception, the odds of a truly awesome White Wolf style game getting green-lit become a lot less likely.

I'm incredibly excited about Cyberpunk 2077 and it would be a dream for that team to tackle a vampire themed project of the same scope.

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been playing this one recently. Great story, atmosphere and lot of interesting characters. Love the vibre and year of events. Such a shame that combat is a mess. It's definitely unique with blood, biting, etc. Fun game, but it could have been better. Still enjoying it tough.

• 1Like