Van Helsing

Arative

Vyemm Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Van Helsing

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2016-09-23

Creator: Neil LaBute

Cast: Kelly Overton, Jonathan Scarfe, Christopher Heyerdahl, Paul Johansson, Rukiya Bernard, Vincent Gale, Aleks Paunovic, Trezzo Mahoro, Missy Peregrym

Overview: Vanessa Helsing, the daughter of famous vampire hunter and Dracula nemesis Abraham Van Helsing is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. She is humanity’s last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 130211[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Van Helsing[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-09-23[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Vanessa Helsing, the daughter of famous vampire hunter and Dracula nemesis Abraham Van Helsing is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. She is humanity’s last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Yeah, not so sure about this one

Van Helsing, which begins production in January 2016 in Vancouver, BC for a fall 2016 premiere, centers on Vanessa Helsing, the daughter of famous vampire hunter and Dracula nemesis Abraham Van Helsing. She is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. She is humanity?s last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, Syfy has been doing a lot better lately, so I'll check it out. But there really isn't enough to go on to even know if it will be worth a shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well,Syfy has been doing a lot better lately, so I'll check it out. But there really isn't enough to go on to even know if it will be worth a shit.
Explain. Is there a non emo-shitty Stargate series or something out?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Explain. Is there a non emo-shitty Stargate series or something out?
Killjoys & Dark Matter in particular (besides 12 Monkeys), and then if you allow the inclusion of shows that they pay to have on their network you could add Continuum and a few others. Upcoming shows look to be fairly decent as well, although obviously we don't know yet if stuff like The Expanse and Childhood's End are any good. But I'd say they are definitely on an upward trend compared to a few years ago.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
First ep leaked early, it's kinda shitty. Might go the way of The 100 and become awesome or stay a turd. We'll see.

Cybsled

I had to do a double take when I saw a commercial. I thought it was for Wynonna Earp at first ;p

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This has showed up on Netflix. IMHO its highly underrated and one of SyFy better shows. I figured i'd rewatch all of it today to see if I was right about it. I thought the violence was incredibly well done however the first couple of episodes are set-up.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I missed a bunch from the first season so may start streaming this it was at least interesting from what I saw of it. SYFY is at least taking some chances and trying to make some decent stuff now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched the first 4 or so and kind of lost interest when she started looking for her daughter or son or whatever. I forget. And when the stupid fucks let some bad guys in because they were crazy, again I kinda forget. I was fairly interested up until that point. And there is something about the main chick. She's not immediately super-hot, but something about her (maybe her tits) really makes me want to see her naked. And Christopher Heyerdahl (sp) has been a guilty favorite of mine for years when it comes to these cheesy lower-budget shows.

So you guys are saying it picks up a bit again huh? Maybe I'll give it another try. I still think it would be vastly better on Cinemax or something with some nudity though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty bad. They all know that simply by biting vampires she can make them human and they know her blood does it as well yet they do nothing with that knowledge. Literally nothing. Obscure reference incoming... It is like watching idiots acting out the board game Dead of Winter. I'm giving it the long effort because much of the first season of Buffy was junk as well. I'm 10 episodes in so far and they aren't getting any smarter.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Surprised no one made mention of Season 2. I just finished it - much better than Season 1. Sam is one fucked up, creepy villain. Christopher Heyerdahl kicked ass in that role this season!

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed season 2, makes more sense when you find out the actress that played Vanessa was 6 months pregnant when they started filming. I'll be interested in seeing where they go from here. And yeah Christopher Heyerdahl did kick ass, he kicks ass in all the creepy type roles that he is in.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database