Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

I saw those pots, do they persist if you die? Also is it worth getting skeleton keys for those chests?
It depends some players will tell you they hate the chests that its legal gambling basically, those players normally just sell there chests they get.
This way they don't have to waste there money on extra station cash for keys.
Then some players love the chests, will buy some the players sell in addition to the chests they get.

Normally its pot luck on the chests if you open them, it can be few potions to skeleton keys. to a ground mount, or Flying mount, as well as every month there are new type rares armor or weapons that drop the higher the chest is the higher the rare chance.
Up to few months ago it was either potions or skeleton keys, then every month there would be chance of 2 new ground mounts, and 2 new flying mounts, as well as the new rares armor or weapons.
However now it seems like instead of having 2 new flying mounts and 2 new ground mounts every month it is down to 1 new ground mount, 1 new flying mount.

As for the rare armor or weapons they drop depending on the chest level.
Each new month it is either weapon or armor piece for rare by the slot its 1 or the others on these not both.

Its a shame what happened to this game, if only they could have had another 9-12 months then this game would still have decent amount of servers, as well as good sized dev team, and more then likely 1-2 expansions by now.

Cheers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm stil an officer in Too Much Brown.

If any of you roll on Telon or whatever send Kishinn a tell in-game or PM me here and I can add you. Not sure who the leader was, have to look.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Is there a way to turn off the quest help in the compass. I can do it per individual quest, but when i get a new one it pops right back up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It almost feels like this game has more active low level population than EQ2.
It might, I saw quite a few - although it was still a very small number.

I started up a barb after I realized I couldn't really figure out how to play my paladin. Also have an 18 warrior and 22 blood mage.

The bard is interesting. You basically get pieces (buffs) to songs and can add them to slots of the song (verse, chorus, etc) and make your own songs/buffs. The best way is obviously to stack certain buffs, but it's nice to have the choice of nearly infinite amount of custom songs. It's something we haven't seen done before and I like it. Instruments take up 2 hands right now, so if you throw one on you can't DPS really. I think the effect is greater with an instrument on, but if you take it off then it reverts back - still exploring this as information is pretty dated and there is a lot of "maybe"s in the wiki. My damage is ok, but I heard bards are great utility and highly sought after.

There are always people in LFG, but not a whole lot. So far my paladin (tank) has been receiving invites very quickly, but it seems there are more people in his range. I really want to start grouping with the bard (8) soon. The LFG tool is pretty shitty, but it's semi-useful.

The classes in this game are definitely what sets it apart from the rest. Each tank is unique with their own mechanics and their own ups and downs. The DPS are all fairly different, and the healers are pretty unique. I'd be willing to say Blood Mage is one of the most unique and interesting healing classes I've ever seen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Double post, if anyone wants to make a small forum guild we can make one. I would be a terrible guild leader as I don't have much time at the moment, but wouldn't mind being an officer.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
I doubt there's enough people for a guild on rerolled.

I'm playing a 26 bloodmage if anyone wants to group, name's Battxept.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gonna have another play with this also, have a 45 psi and 30 dk from way back at release but I'll prob just start a fresh char rather than try to remember wtf all my macros did.

kudos

<Banned>
This game gets better as I level. It's safe to say this game has seriously turned around. It would be perfect if only it had a larger community.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This game gets better as I level. It's safe to say this game has seriously turned around. It would be perfect if only it had a larger community.
I feel it is a perfect blend between some of WoW's early questing and EQ's group content. What a shame on the population.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It might, I saw quite a few - although it was still a very small number.

I started up a barb after I realized I couldn't really figure out how to play my paladin. Also have an 18 warrior and 22 blood mage.

The bard is interesting. You basically get pieces (buffs) to songs and can add them to slots of the song (verse, chorus, etc) and make your own songs/buffs. The best way is obviously to stack certain buffs, but it's nice to have the choice of nearly infinite amount of custom songs. It's something we haven't seen done before and I like it. Instruments take up 2 hands right now, so if you throw one on you can't DPS really. I think the effect is greater with an instrument on, but if you take it off then it reverts back - still exploring this as information is pretty dated and there is a lot of "maybe"s in the wiki. My damage is ok, but I heard bards are great utility and highly sought after.

There are always people in LFG, but not a whole lot. So far my paladin (tank) has been receiving invites very quickly, but it seems there are more people in his range. I really want to start grouping with the bard (8) soon. The LFG tool is pretty shitty, but it's semi-useful.

The classes in this game are definitely what sets it apart from the rest. Each tank is unique with their own mechanics and their own ups and downs. The DPS are all fairly different, and the healers are pretty unique. I'd be willing to say Blood Mage is one of the most unique and interesting healing classes I've ever seen.
It kind of sounds like you're saying, "Well, the game is bad, but it's also good!", without providing any specifics.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I ignored all my old chars and rolled a fresh one, a dwarven bloodmage. Do the standard solo quest grind around the quest area, eventually end up in the nearby dungeon around level 8 (Riftwalker's something), doing solo stuff around the early parts of the place. Run into someone else and we join up, and later run into another and start delving deeper to do the more group oriented stuff. Both the dudes are classic EQ players who know their shit and are a ton of fun to group with. We have no fucking clue what we're doing in the dungeon but figure it out eventually, after realizing we have to engage our brains slightly and actually read the quest blurb for hints to actually progress. Spend a good few hours clearing the place, a level 10 dungeon with portals to other dimensions and generally damn awesome atmosphere, before working our way out and riding back to the quest givers.

The experience just reminded me that:
-Dungeons in this game are by far the best in any MMO outside the original EQ
-Non-instanced dungeons get you into naturally formed groups in which people actually talk, rather than the silent anonymous public groups or matchmade groups of some other MMOs
-Non-linear dungeons make you feel like you're actually exploring a world instead of completing a level in a vidja game
-The classes are amazing
-The music is amazing
-Good shit

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The only real problem with VG is the population... And it's a big problem.

Edit: almost forgot... This game is populated by some of the biggest fucking super serious dorks you will ever come across. You have been warned.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i downloaded vanguard, and got a message saying my video card doesn't shade well enough to play the game

major dissapoint

Rhuobhe

N00b
I tried it very briefly a few months ago. Started in a linear quest hub with a FULL suit of armor, explored around a bit, entered a fort with a bunch of pointless npc's. tried to get to an interesting location on the map and ended up getting raped by bears. when does the game get interesting? do the mobs chase you to death? do you respawn naked?

I am thinking of downloading it again to give it another chance. I'm starving for a decent mmo experience. starting with a full suit of plate armor was kind of a turn off.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
^

Solo content is terrible and not on the level of other MMO's. Grouping is the only fun way to play the game, the dungeons and group combat interactions are much better than anything that's out there. The first major dungeons are around lvl 15 I think, Khegor's End for example is good.