Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sad thing is they could of had a small but loyal playerbase similar to Lotr or DDO if they had made smart decisions with the content updates, but it was just one disaster after another once Silius took over. They never added any dungeon crawling content after APW, most of your time was spent grinding SoD which looked like it was designed by a few interns in their spare time.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the guys over at vg emulator have come a pretty far way since they started, given the tepid response in help. They have a lot of zones and stuff covered and have completed a login server which has been able to actually land on the world server.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
I was thinking about giving it another go earlier in the year (Ranger class is actually pretty fun), but once the shutdown was announced I figured I'd wait for the emulator to start again. I hope they knock it out before the servers go down.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would play this on an emulator for nostalgia, really sucks that it probably wont happen.

delirium_sl

shitlord
They badly need data collectors to run around live and collect packets. I personally have too much stuff in RL going on to really be of help but anyone who has some high level chars who can go from chunk to chunk clicking on anything and everything could be a real asset to the project.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Damn, this game was so good
frown.png
shame

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
They said they have something like 80% of all the content grabbed, so they should have almost all of it by the time it shuts down.

The best part about this emulator is they probably aren't going to implement the 50-55 update, or at least the way it was in the live version. No shitty SoD grinding.

They said they have something like 80% of all the content grabbed, so they should have almost all of it by the time it shuts down.

The best part about this emulator is they probably aren't going to implement the 50-55 update, or at least the way it was in the live version. No shitty SoD grinding.
I'm pretty sure all the NPCs have been recorded, but not necessarily all of the quests. Let a lone all the crafting and diplo quests. The important main quest lines for all the spheres have been grabbed as far as I know.

The are intending to emulate it how it currently is live, but they do keep stating that mob levels/difficulties can be changed easily. It is also apparently relatively easy to add in NPCs as well so we can get the unused areas populated later as well.

Also! The AA system the devs worked on previously was found. It's unknown if it is or can be made working at this point, but hopefully can be tinkered with later.

rrr_img_71495.jpg

delirium_sl

shitlord
Just want to recap on some of the things going on with the EMU and hopfully direct John Adams over here to fill you guys in with more detail.

Packet collecting has gone really well, but they still don't have everything. One of the things JA was talking about was wanting a group of people to packet collect doing group harvesting because I don't believe anyone has done that so that they can re-engineer it in the new EMU server.

As far as what the server will be like when this first launches? Right now the focus is to get a server up an running. For the most part it will be a carbon copy of the current live server. Once they can get this live server up and dev tools created, they will release these tools so that others can make their own custom servers. One thing they do appear to be doing though is giving all the races their original starting home towns back. One of the F2P changes sony made that I did not care of at all.

Personally I would love to see a pre level cap increase server. After the level cap increase, things started to decline. But it will probably be quite a while before we will see any custom servers. So if they can get a current SOE build server up and running, I will be happy with that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its a little far fetched, but I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they found a way to fix some of the graphics engine problems. Ive always had some weird theory that Brad or someone has forced the engine to act a certain way because they wouldnt admit that they fucked up.