Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
i3Al2yEwb1xds.jpg

Moorgard_sl

shitlord
For whatever you may think about the game's development, and whatever mistakes were made along the way, there were a lot of people who worked really hard over the years trying to make Vanguard great. It was plagued by technical woes and inconsistent levels of quality, but there was something about it that resonated strongly with a core group of people. I really came to admire that passionate group who stuck with it. They made my time on the project a lot of fun.

I'm sad to see the doors close, but I'll definitely take many fond memories with me.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't think anyone here begrudges SOE for the state of Vanguard at all.

Well... Except Silius...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have no doubt in that Moorgard, Just wished they would release the source code for these guys making the emulator.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Idk why but I still get sad when a game gets the plug pulled. I almost shed a couple tears when they put EQOA put to pasture.

VG had so much potential. Some good class design, great audio, great dungeon design, etc. It was marred by Brads incompetence and lack of smart planning and being a junkie.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I think the "f2p" relaunch did a lot of things good. But it was just done too late. I think Moorgard was in charge at the time? Or is that when Silius came back?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
VG could have been a 'successful' niche game similar to LotrO or DDO but the game got significantly worse with each update when Silius took over.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Brad gave me a beta key. I made a dwarf cleric and logged into a game that ran at 1 FPS and crashed repeatedly.

My father bought a new gaming PC for this game. Logged in and had 25 FPS on a machine that would handle Crysis no problem. Ran around the newbie area ( a grass field with a random tower and nothing else), killed a few monsters, and the game crashed.

Uninstalled the game and, out of a misguided sense of respect, never complained about how shitty the game was in Beta.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
VG and it's small player base had a rather fucked up, borderline abusive relationship but it still makes me sad to see it go..

Thanks, Moorgard and others who tried to make something of this abomination over the year.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I consider myself an idiot for listening to Sillius promises month after month and still playing the game.

Ikik, Talisker, Avair I love you guys and I hope you guys are working on EQN in some capacity.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Vanguard gave me(and this community) many laughs at its expense and I never played beyond closed beta. Still, it closing makes me kind of sad. I hate to see MMO's shut down completely.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I had good times in Vanguard, my one button 7 kick monk, zone wide zombie gank necro, and my indestructible battle cleric. I miss the early days of APW and zoning in to fuck an enemy guild over during a boss fight.

RIP VG

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
logged in for a few mins the other night, game ran worse than it did for me in Beta. doesn't matter now...but they sure let that game go.