Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

I PM'd you three. Enjoy.
smile.png

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some highlights from recently since there are to many commits from my last update.

Targeting continued: - added difficulty colors (dot color) to offensive target portrait - tuned one console message

Afk will now show at the end of your name and also appear to other clients.

Actor targeting: - Camping, rifting, chunking and otherwise leaving characters will clear themselves as a target of any other actor (as before) as well as clearing their own targets (new). - Added handler for OP_ClientChunkConnected

Added handler for /stuck yes command and code to port character to safe location in the current chunk

Implemented MasterSpawnList class. Created new Constructors for NPC-related Unreal Classes.

Added in server response to OP_ClientLocationCmd which will eventually respond with the area you are in for now it just returns chunk name

Implemented checking surrounding chunks during chunking for inactive or non-existent chunks. If found, sends WS_ChunkPreload2 packet, to let Client know not to let player move into these chunks. It will display the appropriate error message...

Added generic.lua to go with test spawn data (sample Hail function)

Improvements to sit/stand and resting: - Tied up the logic for is_resting, sit/stand and camping. - Server will set is_resting=false when character moves. - Fixed replication of the sit/stand animation (players can now see when another characters sit/stand)

Added Documentation for Combat class. Reimplemented cross-zone combat flags. Added safety net to Combat class, in case there is still a WorldCharacter spinning around in the loop.

The world is nowfully* partially populated. Come test out spawns (combat not currently working yet) and let's make sure everything is where it's supposed to be. Head over to theemu forumsif you spot anything incorrect.

* It seems currently only humanoid friendly NPCs are spawning.See post.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll PM you what a secret santa sent me Bell, if anyone else needs feel free to post or PM me and ill share the links.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got on last night for the first time and the nostalgia hit me like a brick. I haven't been back to Vanguard since the real money auction house announcement and after running around kojan a bit I'm super excited. I will be seeding the one client I found for quite some time since it is slow as hell and took almost 3 days to finish.

I misread what the devs have stated. Currently we're only looking at humanoid (friendly) NPCs. I have seen enemy NPCs around, but it seems there is only one of each type (some bug in their spawn system). They're trying to get it working correctly. Also note, they do not currently path. You'll also notice plenty of peoples pets in the world. Those will be removed later as well. If you notice anything wrong just report it onthe forums

Example, these guys have white names:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
God that room alone must be a PITA for devs in Khal. I remember NPC's being upstairs and in all of the rooms, I leveled on some of them =/

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I misread what the devs have stated. Currently we're only looking at humanoid (friendly) NPCs. I have seen enemy NPCs around, but it seems there is only one of each type (some bug in their spawn system). They're trying to get it working correctly. Also note, they do not currently path. You'll also notice plenty of peoples pets in the world. Those will be removed later as well. If you notice anything wrong just report it onthe forums

Example, these guys have white names:
The npc's with white names means we don't have a faction value for them in our DB yet which we can pull from the packet collect and will be fixed when we start working on content. We are only spawning on of each type till we start working on each individual chunk cause if we don't we will get something like this. LOL

rrr_img_78837.jpg

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's awesome that you guys are taking the time on factions. VG still had that aspect of EQ and some of the fastest leveling was on guards (until they nerfed it with pantheons release). You also had to choose which faction to align yourself with for the level 50 quests with the timed boss open world boss spawns.

I really miss all of that stuff, cant wait for you guys to get this up.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
They also have a few scattered named mobs as well, was just running through the ant cave and the queen was there. You can set your runspeed to 3000 and explore a lot of areas you might not have seen before.