Venom (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I heard this movie fucking sucks, anyone seen it yet?

Is it worth wasting money on or will I walk out feeling dirty and used like after Batman vs Superman? (Which we only watched because an ice storm knocked out power in our area and we needed something to do to kill some hours. Still felt kinda robbed for paying theater money to see it instead of Netflix'ing)

Sterling

El Presidente
I heard this movie fucking sucks, anyone seen it yet?

Is it worth wasting money on or will I walk out feeling dirty and used like after Batman vs Superman? (Which we only watched because an ice storm knocked out power in our area and we needed something to do to kill some hours. Still felt kinda robbed for paying theater money to see it instead of Netflix'ing)
It's probably better than Batman vs Superman, but it's still bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So no carnage?
Where the fuck is my epic rated R Venom flick?
Is it too hard to ask for a dark blood filled thriller/horror from this franchise?
Seriously.
Fuck the kids.
We deserve some serious fan service here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just got back. It was bad. Like, the first 60+ minutes of writing for it are just laughable. Like, high school kids wrote dialogue for this shit. The character exposition and story development is at like 3000% speed. Very little to no backstory. Basically no violence besides Venom throwing people around and knocking them out. He does kill people, but very few. The CGI was like... B tier , maybe bottom A tier? It was distracting. Also Venom was weirdly shaped rather than just a big buff guy he was like super large guy with undersized head.

Overall I'd give this like a 5 out of 10. And I generally give everything like a 7+ if it's not complete shit. They really fucked this up. The only good parts are Venom and Eddie dialogue. The Venom persona is actually fairly decent and if they spin it off into an R rated hyper violent sequel then they might have something. But then again it might just be Sony's version of a Deadpool movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Just saw it. Yea...this is pretty bad. The writing was atrocious. I really like Tom Hardy in general, but the script was terribad and some of the dialog, reactions, and transitions were downright cringe.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dude the motorcycle scene and Riz Ahmed jerking off "Oooh Wowweee Amazing AAHHHHHH" was like, the fucking stupidest thing I've seen in a movie produced by an actual movie studio in a while. Fuck these guys were hacks.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So no carnage?
Where the fuck is my epic rated R Venom flick?
Is it too hard to ask for a dark blood filled thriller/horror from this franchise?
Seriously.
Fuck the kids.
We deserve some serious fan service here.
I was telling my brother earlier that they should've had Venom in a Spiderman movie first. Then tease his own movie in the after credits scene. And then the same for carnage. Introduce Cletus during the movie and end credits tease Carnage for the sequel. Carnage's movie would need to be R rated. PG13 would be pants on head retarded for that character.
We'd get some great movies that way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The best part of the movie was the completely separate "Into the Spiderverse" tag ending at the very end of the credits. A day later, I stand by my "fucking terrible" review.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This movie is a cinematic masterpiece. Tom Hardy playing tom wiseau playing eddie brock make every delivered line dynamite.

My only complaint is that they shouldv made this an r rated tragedy where edddie brock still saves the world, but loses himself in the symbiote and kills everyone in the show including the store clerk.

• 1Seriously?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Going to break October opening weekend record by a lot. Looking towards 70+ million. Apparently, most people don't dislike it so much as audience grade is acceptable. Sequel is very probable.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Quick! Some one make a mad post on reddit to tell people they're dumb to spend their money on this movie!111!!!!!!1!!

• 1Dislike

Fedor

<Banned>
1k7EiPy.jpg

Carnage: "I used to use this little gun when I was a prostitute."

297.+The+Great+Louse+Detective.bmp

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Liked it a lot, woulda been better with the obviously cut out violence.

Probably forcing suckers like me to also buy the uncut version, which I will for it.

Carnage is coming.

• 1Barf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I thought this was a great movie, even the end scene after the credits. But I thought it should have been longer, and they didnt really explain how venom didnt burn up when the rocket exploded.

otherwise all i have to say is:
venom.jpg

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This shit was fuckin GOOD!. Not sure how in the living hell it's getting bad reviews. Yes it definately should have been rated R, but I loved this from the very beginning. Yes it has some very predictable shit, but that was the only flaw.

Venom was fuckin...likable! They did a great job with Hardy and Venom accepting each other.

Action was great...just needed more gore. Especially towards the end.

8/10 for me.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I thought this was a great movie, even the end scene after the credits. But I thought it should have been longer, and they didnt really explain how venom didnt burn up when the rocket exploded.

otherwise all i have to say is:
View attachment 178231

That and why he stopped slowly killing Brock

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That and why he stopped slowly killing Brock

I assumed the symbiotes were killing the hosts since the hosts werent eating fresh organs, so the symbiote ate the hosts organs instead. If Eddie is letting venom chomp some bad guy heads, he can heal eddie instead of chewing on his tasty liver and pancreas.

I assume there was some exposition scene cut, but there are some clues when Eddie is snatching people's food and says "This is dead" and then eats the live lobsters, and the guy at the Life foundation who was stable and then after a few more days goes into renal and liver failure.