Venom (2018)

Ryanz

<Banned>
Can't wait to see how Hollywood destroys my favorite comic book character of all time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a hard time imagining Woody as Cletus Kassady. The dude who played the Joker in Gotham is who I'd imagine doing that, he's got the crazy down

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah... woody isn't cletus. even when he's crazy he's just goofy. cletus is deranged

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Natural Born Killers would like a word with you.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd like to see an anti hero a spawn + Maxx where he fucks shit up without any real repercussion except confusing Maxx style dialogue, but then he redeems himself in a spawn way, but then goes too far and is back to Maxx. Definitely want Spider-man in this, but only has a token. I'd also like just a few teasers towards teaming up somehow in a second movie.
Doesn't need a guargantuan world ending bad guy. inner turmoil should be fine.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Woody can't play natural born killers anymore. We're not talking about woody 20 years ago.

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

sole

Molten Core Raider
Natural Born Killers would like a word with you.

giphy.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It may just be a routine set visit to check in on how the production is going but ...

...Tom Holland has been seen on the Venom set in front of the camera while they were rolling, leading some to speculate that while Spider-Man may not be in the movie Peter Parker will.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
October release date doesn't seem like a confident placement, though big budget films have been more apt to go into the typically slow months in the past few years.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously Venom is the new horror movie line of marvel movies.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, kind of disappointing but willing to wait and see. Apparently according to the director and Tom Hardy, they used the Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes stories as a basis for the movie.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
[Venom teaser with zero Venom.....im skeptical.

Not only no Venom appearing, but it doesn't even tell you that's the name of the movie outside of the web address in small type at the bottom when it ends. The nerds will all know it's the Venom movie but the general audience won't. Dumb decision. It looks like they're banking hard on Hardy's presence alone building the early interest in this.

And I'm betting that Marvel is glad they chose the less iconic bridge in San Francisco to open the A&W trailer with. The two trailers open very similarly.

Last edited: