Venom (2018)

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
at 1:09 where the chick attacks, everything is red so maybe a hint to Carnage... or just red emergency lights

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So glad they let the director go back and make this a horror movie, looks like they got the tone for Venom just right. Looks pretty fucking good.

I was saying that the other day about Marvel itself. The Marvel Universe needs to let its villains have their own movies. There is a reason why movies like Civil War did well, watching fully fleshed out characters clash is amazing. And there are plenty of villains in comic books with pretty sympathetic starts. Walter white, Scarface--there are plenty of characters/movies where someone can be a bad guy but be the one the audience wants to win.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
now we're talkin. Looks great, and Tom Hardy to boot. This year is shaping up to be a doozy at the theater.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually don't like the trailer too much. Looks kind of lame when he's in a fucking hoodie with tenacles popping out of nowhere. At least his power levels seem right. Hopefully he's full Venom for a good amount of the climatic end battle and not just a tease or some shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
That Venom face looks 1000% dogshit.

It's like staring at the shark from Jaws.

The quality of this movie will be the inverse of how long that face is on screen.

Wonderful+Jaws+Behind-The-Scenes+Photos+(1).jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Way better now.
I just don't like venom's voice.

Not a comic book connoisseur but wasn't Eddie Brock a bad guy before the simbyote?

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
He wasn't too bad, until peter parker started unintentionally causing Brock's life to fall apart. Eddie lost his gf, his job, his home, all because of shit he attributed to peter parker and/or spiderman. He wanted revenge on the little shit who took everything from him... so when the symbiote showed up out of nowhere after being forcefully discarded by spidey, well, it was a match made in heaven. They both swore revenge, and that was pretty much the main driving factor for everything Venom did.

That's really my only problem with this movie... they've gotten Brock's whole origin story wrong, i guess because they can't borrow spiderman for one film?

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That Venom face looks 1000% dogshit.

It's like staring at the shark from Jaws.

The quality of this movie will be the inverse of how long that face is on screen.

Wonderful+Jaws+Behind-The-Scenes+Photos+(1).jpg

I've been scanning the metrics on social media. Seems everyone's problem is with his eyes.

Venom's eyes are supposed to be way bigger.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The CG of venom look pretty bad. I do hope that the movie is great.

They still have time to fix the CG a bit.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Venom's design has always been a little here-and-there. Every artist that's done him for a limited series took some liberties. I'm just grateful I don't have to look at Topher's face.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Not very impressed. Tom Hardy is great and the final face-reveal is ok, I guess, but a lot of the random cgi tentacles shooting out of his clothes for a sec before disappearing again feels like CW or mid-tier Netflix quality at best.

Rime

<Donor>
Depending on the version, it IS his clothing. It camouflages itself as regular clothing and only goes all out when it is threatened/adrenaline spikes in the bonded.

• 2Like