Venturebeat: Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I doubt the recent loss of subs scared them to change the game, would have to be brain dead not to expect that to happen at this point, and if anything would only scare them to change their subscription model, I thought the rumors were that titan was going the route of free to play and buy the little addons and content like every other mmo is doing now anyways.

Or maybe they came to their senses and finally start working on the starcraft mmo! So wonder who's still in those 30 core positions now, the same "A-team" they pulled off wow so long ago to make this? lol

kudos

<Banned>
Hahahaha! Just goes to show what a pile of shit Blizzard has become the past 5-8 years. I love how the SoE conference will be 100x more interesting now than Blizzcon. If you bought a ticket to Blizzcon just get a refund because it's gonna be shit now.

Caliane

Hahahaha! Just goes to show what a pile of shit Blizzard has become the past 5-8 years. I love how the SoE conference will be 100x more interesting now than Blizzcon. If you bought a ticket to Blizzcon just get a refund because it's gonna be shit now.
nah. blizzard has a long history of shitcanning projects that are not meeting their standards. The real question was how D3 got through.

Cybsled

Like has been stated, many Blizzard products have been almost completely retooled in the past. Blizzard has also never really shown any of the secret sauce on this game, so it's not like a DN:F where you had them cock-teasing the gaming community with alpha demos every couple years.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The problem is that there is no game out there that is crazy new and amazing for them to iterate on and make better. So they are having a tough time making something amazing. That's my theory.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The problem is that there is no game out there that is crazy new and amazing for them to iterate on and make better. So they are having a tough time making something amazing. That's my theory.
Probably. Blizzard has always refined what was already out in the gaming world. They have never been an original idea company.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Maybe with facebook having issues they had to rethink their platform.
^^
This, all these idiots are trying to go social media, and it's starting to wane. I don't want every moron who knows me spying on my game playing.I already only use facebook with a dummy account so future employers can't screw me out of a job because of something I posted on facebook 5 yrs ago.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, you are probably right. Which means that Titan was just another WoW clone, doomed to ridicule and failure.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
It is clear that the ground has shifted too substantially for them to continue in the WoW-mold they were likely pursuing. I'm most interested in whether or not Blizzard is capable of genuine innovation these days, so the fact that the game was shitcanned is not at all a surprise to me. Won't see V2 before 2018 at the earliest I'd say. But still, with the short shelf-life of D3, I kinda have to wonder what the ongoing revenue stream is going to be if WoW continues to bleed subs.

I see little hope on the MMO horizon. The genre is stale, boring, and unfocused.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who better to clone WoW than Blizzard, though?
Sure, but all that would do is move their dwindling subs from WoW to Titan. And since Blizzard thinks they will continue to lose tons of subs in the coming years because of the plethora of F2P WoW clones out there, it doesn't really make much sense to add another one.

Blizzard is in a strange place. WoW was so massively successful that it is almost impossible for their next mmo to be considered a success, especially if it is more of the same old tired formula.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, I guess this gives SOE a window to shove EQNext's half-aborted fetus into the world without fear of Titan.