Verizon launches gigabit FIOS for $70/month

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Save us Elon Musk, you're our only hope.

High-Speed Space Broadband for Everyone. SpaceX Details their Plans to Launch 1000s of Internet Satellites - Universe Today

7e3.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The terrible ping times are for geosynchronous satellites and I am already enjoying them. Allegedly it will be similar to terrestrial broadband using satellites in low earth orbit which is what SpaceX is proposing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have luck with getting Verizon to do an ethernet-only install directly from the ONT to their own router, no Verizon coax router required?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Verizon definitely does have issues with upgrading existing customer plans if they are bundles or OneBill accounts. One way to explain it is to imagine their newer offers as EQ items with retarded class/race combinations instead of ALL/ALL and when you try to equip them their client freaks out and tells you to call a GM. The GM then tells you that your current character can't equip those items, they have no idea when/if a patch fixing it will happen, so all they can offer is to delete all of your characters and try to create a new one.