Vermintide 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah they definitely made armor a much bigger deal in VT2, and no trueflight to effortlessly pick SV out of hordes anymore.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Really enjoying shade now, Crossbow is instant death for black rats and backstabs is nuts against chaos warriors and bosses.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the more I mess around with Handmaiden the less I'm liking it. She's amazing at horde control with a spear+stamina talents and can reposition like crazy with her skill, but it not having knockdown for chaos warriors is such a kick in the pants. The spear also lacks damage vs armor/bosses really badly, so while you look great vs hordes it gets pretty awkward fighting chaos patrols when you can't really contribute anything.

Shade is cool, but the cooldown on her stealth is just too long for me to really get in to it. Sure, oneshotting chaos warriors is cool, but when its only every 60 seconds or whatever, and is good for only one mob, I question how valuable that really is vs just being on Waystalker with a glaive and killing them with plain old melee.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Really enjoying shade now, Crossbow is instant death for black rats and backstabs is nuts against chaos warriors and bosses.
I did warm up to it, I wasn't a fan of the mechanics but now that I'm more comfortable just meleeing stuff I like playing Shade, the ult does recharge very quickly with the changes. I don't play it on Legend though yet, I feel like I still make too many mistakes for me to not be deadweight, I just play Waystalker in legend, or sometimes HM and leave Shade for champ games, it feels good mowing down everything on it at that difficulty and mistakes aren't punished as heavily.

I use longbow though, I just can't get used to crossbow. The damage is just meh, you need 3bolts to do the same as 1 charged longbow shot(granted you can fire the 3bolts near instantly) so you eat through ammo at a retarded pace and it's a lot harder with my old man aim to land headshots with no zoom on the xbow while the bow lets me do it pretty easily. Also I can make good use of the headshot refund with longbow with the easier aiming, while for xbow it's kinda whatever.

I generally don't need ammo and don't run out when I do runs on Shade with longbow and kill most specials the same way I do on waystalker(besides obviously the ones I kill with trueflight when they're not visible yet) and for elites I just melee them down. I have the ammo on backstab talent too to sustain more, the goal is to be able to kill every special without running out or relying on drops, since pubs like picking ammo they don't need and not killing specials nearly fast enough.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
To save yourself time, nothing interesting was said. Stuff is being worked on, and they have a quest system and new cosmetics coming in a major patch soon, with a minor patch for balance/fixes before. No date, no specifics.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I look forward to more poorly thought out nerfs like the brutal one the glaive got during VT1.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
20180421125420_1.jpg

Caliane

handmaiden is the queen of solo though.. airdash shenanigans. insane stam regen.
Im sure that can be worked into teamplay somehow. it is odd, that the intended support class, is the best solo one..

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Handmaiden with a spear and +2 stamina rolled on the spear and necklace is the ultimate tank for sure. The spears push attack + followup is insanely good and with her stamina regen you can basically spam it forever.

You suck at chaos warriors though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
WTB some boostage.
I linked it a few pages back but there's a simple autohotkey script for afk farming xp, assuming that's what you meant. Basically just queue with bots for Into the Nest, walk off the start area, in one spot specifically it kills you instantly so the bots don't get you back up, gives like 100xp. Not fast but you let it run for 8hours while sleeping and you'll probably be like 20 or whatever.

If you meant getting carried for chests or whatever that's different, but not really useful? Veteran is easy enough especially with bots and can give up to 300 so no real point in carrying for gear. And carrying in legend is annoying enough unless you're very good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I linked it a few pages back but there's a simple autohotkey script for afk farming xp, assuming that's what you meant. Basically just queue with bots for Into the Nest, walk off the start area, in one spot specifically it kills you instantly so the bots don't get you back up, gives like 100xp. Not fast but you let it run for 8hours while sleeping and you'll probably be like 20 or whatever.

If you meant getting carried for chests or whatever that's different, but not really useful? Veteran is easy enough especially with bots and can give up to 300 so no real point in carrying for gear. And carrying in legend is annoying enough unless you're very good.
Nope that sounds perfect. Really just wanted to get all the chars to level 12 so I can pick all the classes and go from there.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Handguns
We’re reinforcing the handgun’s spot as a heavy hard-hitter, while at the same time trying to make its gunplay a bit more enjoyable by removing some of its randomness. We’ve also added a unique quality by making it able to snipe shielded enemies with its charged attack.
  • We’ve made tweaks to the way charging changes the spread of handguns. These changes will make it easier to get precis shots off when charging.
  • Increased damage vs Chaos Warriors to 0.5 up from 0.25, on close range. Increased crit damage vs Chaos Warriors to 0.6, up from 0.5.
  • Decreased stagger vs Armored enemies on close range.
  • Increased damage overall to 0.9, up from 0.75 on close range. And 0.8, up from 0.5 on long range.
  • Enemies wielding shields will no longer be able to block charged shots.
  • When killing a Marauder, a handgun will now be able to blow their legs off. Enjoy.
Big like.