Vermintide 2

Caliane

i broke down and got it yesterday. decided on elf this time as focus. That volley does seem like an obvious WAY better then anything else choice.
Feel like it will target the special/boss if I aim directly at them with it. havent had it go wild inexplicably yet.

Needless

Toe Sucker
elf girl is fun, pubs at level 1 are rough as hell though even on recruit lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wish they'd fix grossly broken shit like Bardin 25 talent not working if you aren't he host...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wish they'd fix grossly broken shit like Bardin 25 talent not working if you aren't he host...
The host related issues are apparently longstanding issues with their engine, it seems there were various issues with it in VT1 too, so that's probably why it's taking longer. I've had decent results just whacking the boss with block push attacks and having it turn around even though I'm not doing much damage at all though, not sure how the aggro works cause it seems damage based(my Pyro will always rip aggro off other people when I'm spamming beam shots) but Bardin with axe+shield will often take aggro. Then I just ult and turtle up with blocks, nothing gets past the block, the only things that do are troll bile(easily avoided) and chaos spawn grab(generally easily avoided although I have a knack for dodging into a small step and not moving which results in me getting grabbed).

I've been playing Bardin a bunch again the past few days and found it more enjoyable than the last time. I get shit scores but that's kinda expected, but I like that I basically generally don't need any healing items at all and I've learn to handle hordes better with shield+axe, I had some issues at lower levels but I think I figured it out now, mostly I just need to not rush it like I was trying to before and just work on the hordes slowly if I'm the only one alive/on my own. Push and attack, charged shield push to get stam regen, push and attack x2, charged shield push and so on, it's not pretty but it gets the job done with 0 risks even if there's stormvermins and chaos warriors, the only danger are disablers. I carried 3 fucktards the other day, they each died like 3+times(died died, not just downed, they got downed a stupid amount of times), they gulped all the healing and we still finished the map(sadly with like 2tomes and 1grim since they died with the rest). They actually thanked me, even though on the end result screen I still had pretty shitty scores.

On the other hand, I can't find a Kruber spec I like, I think largely due to the melee weapons feeling like shit on Kruber. Halberd is good but I just don't like using it and everything else feels like garbage. And Saltzpyre is meh, mine isn't 15 yet which doesn't help but I just don't like it for some reason.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I pretty much main Victor as Bounty Hunter, I pretty much always keep my ult ready as much as possible for just the CC effect on bosses if shit gets real.

Aggro seems weird sometimes, had a chaos spawn go hard for me suddenly when I had not done any damage for a decent bit (never had aggro to start) and he even was on me as I was downed too.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
On the other hand, I can't find a Kruber spec I like, I think largely due to the melee weapons feeling like shit on Kruber. Halberd is good but I just don't like using it and everything else feels like garbage. And Saltzpyre is meh, mine isn't 15 yet which doesn't help but I just don't like it for some reason.
I play a foot soldier w/Halbred with all talents spent going right down the middle. @Hekotat hates me because he knows it is the master class.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Unchained feels so incredibly strong if I'm on my game. Just unlocked the L20 talents and managed to carry a Champ game last night practically solo on Festering Ground. All the temp health from killing and health regen from trait is A+.

Caliane

I read back, and saw pyros note on leveling alts, so, their bots are better.

I went through and did that a bit yesterday. Took sienna to 7 for pyro. I was pretty mediocre at best with her. conflag and basic staff. I got a bolt AND beam staff when she hit 7 for pyro. but, I swapped her, then went off to level the others instead of giving pyro/beam a play.

Dwarf was next. I am the worst dwarf player. dwarf seems solid when everyone ELSE plays him. but, me? lol. nope. was mostly using xbow and 2h axe. I got an axe+shield when hitting 5, and a gun. but I swapped off before trying them. smoke screen was solid for getting up allies.. but not letting them get downed is better..

Kruger. much better at this guy. halberd. temp health ult.

Then went back to little elf girl. I am definitely best at her. long bow one shotting specials. ult nuking specials/bosses on short CD. Spear or glaive wrecking pretty much everything. hp regen.

What is "curse reduction" effecting?

15 talent for little elf girl. "Increases Kerillian’s health regeneration. " vs "Regeneration applies on all party members but the effect is halved. "
how do these scale? normal is regen back to 50% life.
the first does it effect rate, rate, and total, or total? The, second same question. regen applied to all, "up to 50% but at half speed", or "up to 25%".

Caliane

oh, found a website stating curse resistance.
reduces the effect of Grimoires penalty to max health. yup, def keeping that item for a while..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah curse reduction is for grim, it's effectively additional health when picking grims. Very useful stat, worth getting on a trinket and then just keeping the trinket until you get another with curse resistance, no reason to switch them up while lvling.

For the 15 passives on waystalker, the double one is just twice as much health per tick, still caps at 50% so it's pretty shit, the team one also caps at 50% for your teammates but heals less per tick. Honestly the ammo one is the best by far, because they buffed it last patch so it works even if you're not regenerating health(so even if you over 50%), before it only worked when you were under 50% which made it meh.

Now it's basically ammo ticks every 7 or 10secs or whatever the regen is, and it scales based on the max ammo your weapon has, hagbane is 1ammo per tick, longbow 2ammos per tick and shortbow 3ammos per tick. It's great with the longbow and guarantees you almost never run out of ammo unless you're constantly firing during a very long horde fight(like horde > boss or something and you're just using bow the entire time). It changes the gameplay a lot once you have that passive because you can fire a lot more, can fire at hordes, fire at specials, fire at bosses, fire whenever you want.

Also dwarf starts pretty shit cause ranger is basically a lategame spec. Do note however because it's not mentionned, when you ult, you have 100%crit chance, so you do a lot more damage and can damage armored mobs even with normal attacks(crits pierce armor). Get a shotgun if you can, shit instantly kills specials easily and on bosses you can do big damage with the ult. Once you're Ironbreaker it gets a lot easier to level up. Also for Sienna not sure if I mentionned that but make sure to equip a Fireball or Conflag staff, she can't use the staves for shit she just uses the left click every now and then and those have good left click, but like if she has beam equipped she'll just beam for half a second and do nothing else, which is basically a big waste of time.

Last edited:

Caliane

oh good to note.

Ive been going back and forth on talent plans for elf. wasnt sure.
Like I was using alot of ammo, when first starting, and though, yeah ammo regen, etc. But, then as I went, I was relying less on bows. spear/glaive doing alot of work. and Short CD on ult meant that did the job vs specials, etc. longbow does hit like truck. I checked out dummies. 5.5k head, 3k chest. vs spear 1300 head, 750 chest per hit. But with longbows large ammo capacity, and me picking my shots alot more carefully, ammo was much less of a problem. While, that HP regen was becoming more valuable. Esp with tomes/grimoires.

5-attack speed. (faster attack means faster stagger/interrupt. crit armor pen is nice, as well potential weavebond synergy. but, pretty sure attack speed will result in less damage taken. faster reaction to stormers, assassins, etc.)
10. 30% inc crit damage. (again in theory, crit synergy. but crit on gear imho takes care of this. its not like a poe where you can get 50-95% crit chance.) ammo on bosses to infrequent to consider. aim too shit to take headshot bonus.
15. leaning towards party regen. l20 temp health on crit taking care of personal hp.
20. temp hp on crits. not sure why others suggest on kill. crits has value vs bosses, etc, that on kill does not.
25. ammo on ult. lifeblood is temp health now, so no reason to use it, if you are getting temp hp on crits, as far as I can tell.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meh attackspeed isn't that great and you can get Swiftslaying on your weapon eventually which gives 20% speed when you crit, which means crit is a lot better. Crits also cleave more so for hordes it's often quite similar and then there's some crit synergy stuff.

2nd one, headshot does more damage on headshots than the crit difference from what I've tested, but headshots aren't super reliable. They're both kinda whatever.

15 ammo imo, once you have the ammo you'll just use the bow more which is the point of the class really.

20 you want health on kills especially if you're not getting the 5% crit. Kill works on hordes, which is where most of the random damage comes from when you're decently experienced, when some sneaky fucker gets behind you and hits you once or whatever. The amount on crit is lower so unless you're dual dagger it's hard to generate good temp health with temp health on crit, I think the only reliable exception is Pyro Sienna with Bolt staff, because primary fire has stupid attackspeed and is ranged and Pyro passive gives additional crit.

25 ammo on ult now that it's fixed to do what the tooltip says is pretty shit. It's like 8 ammo for longbow, on an almost 70secs cd, shit's not worth it. You get 8ammo in 4ticks of the passive which is way less time than that and you don't have to fire off your ult on cooldown to get ammo back. 30% cooldown is what you want, more ults is good for higher difficulty multiple special spawns and boss spawns. Temp health one was never good, and was always temp health(or well since preorder beta). In general, most sources of healing other than consumables are temp health even if they don't say, only notable exceptions are Waystalker passive and the talents that say they convert temp health into real health after you kill a boss(Zealot/Handmaiden iirc).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The gear grind post 200 is really a bitch. Their formula of highest item +/- 10 can just fuck you so badly. My regular squad I roll with is like 70 item levels ahead of me now because they've hit a bunch of +7-10 level items in a row and I'm sitting here at 205 still with nothing I can really do about it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The gear grind post 200 is really a bitch. Their formula of highest item +/- 10 can just fuck you so badly. My regular squad I roll with is like 70 item levels ahead of me now because they've hit a bunch of +7-10 level items in a row and I'm sitting here at 205 still with nothing I can really do about it.
You can do champion super easily at 200item power if you're lvl 20+ though so it shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you want to do legend. The grind is the same before 200 than after too. Personally I just grinded recruit and veteran a lot and didn't open my commendations and since I played several classes I had a ton, so I jumped from 195(didn't want to wait for 5more) to 270 instantly which felt nice. If you're focusing on one char it's probably not that great though, one thing that was helpful for me to progress faster is leveling every class to ~10 during veteran/recruit, so I got a lot of useful boxes at that time for levels since I wasn't 200+ yet, and all the commendations from the fast early levels.

That said for champion you don't need crazy stats really as I said. I did a run yesterday on Kruber when I forgot to equip my trinket/necklace/charm because I switched classes so I had like 290power and while it was sucky as shit in terms of damage, I still didn't die and contribute some by killing specials and doing good boss damage(obviously I would have done a lot more boss damage if I hadn't been retarded). It just felt like garbage on hordes, fucking 2hits to kill slaverats isn't very fun.

Now if you want to do legend that does suck a lot but RNG should even out at some point. Hell maybe you'll get a red and hit 300 before your friends.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Add me on steam: Steam Community :: Eidal

I'm pretty confident in running 3T2G Champion pugs now ~ probably 85 percent win rate. Legend is still a shitshow. Even a good PUG can just get fucked without instant coordination on voice chat. And most people don't use voice it seems.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea champion really isn't so bad. I still auto bail on the skittergate in pubs because there's no point in doing it, but the rest of them are usually pretty doable even with some potatoes on your team.