Vice Principals

spronk

FPS noob
fantastic premiere, so many great moments. Glad they got the entire cast back, sometimes in these kind of shows one person is off on another project.

and Goggins totally shot Gamby

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
fantastic premiere, so many great moments. Glad they got the entire cast back, sometimes in these kind of shows one person is off on another project.

and Goggins totally shot Gamby

they shot the entire show (18 episodes) years ago and split it into two seasons

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This is the weirdest McBride project yet and it's still working incredibly well. Goggins being the friend/foil has added an amazing amount towards what I've usually thought of and expected from a Hill/McBride series. Latest episode is kind of mind blowing. Hill really has a knack for making you love and hate the same character simultaneously. It nudges up against uncomfort humor then you completely get shoved out of that mindset and then they politely invite you right back in.

• 1Solidarity

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Goggins gonna get offed by that kid that Gamby brought back.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty good episode. I think it was pretty easily telecast that Shannon or whatever her name is is the one that shot her. Even before the final shot of the latest episode. She noticed Lee's jeep so she knew to frame him there. And Lee never admitted to Gamby that he shot him. Kind of makes you wonder what Lee's redemption will be. 99% chance he takes a bullet to save Gamby.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really liked this show. Surprised it wasn't talked about more here.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I thought this show was utter garbage. The most disappointing part that they wrote a redemption arc for Lee and Gamby and thought people would actually buy it. These 2 guys torched a house, ffs. And Snodgrass would date him considering he torched a person's house out of spite?

Total trash.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
I thought this show was utter garbage. The most disappointing part that they wrote a redemption arc for Lee and Gamby and thought people would actually buy it. These 2 guys torched a house, ffs. And Snodgrass would date him considering he torched a person's house out of spite?Total trash.

Totally understand you, besides sports I watch very little TV because most is utter SJW trash.

However, for me this is an exception.

My wife loves basically all TV shows, and this is one where we can turn off our brains and watch together just for the sheer absurdity.

Game of thrones, the shield, the wire, justified, sons of anarchy, etc., all serve their purpose of being tolerable enough to spend quality time with the significant other.

Even though the season was trash, the end scene in the food court hit hard for those that lost good friends due to relationships and work.

Also, Goggins is awesome.

j.jpg

• 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Totally understand you, besides sports I watch very little TV because most is utter SJW trash.

My wife loves basically all TV shows, and this is one where we can turn off our brains and watch together just for the sheer absurdity.

Game of thrones, the shield, the wire, justified, sons of anarchy, etc., all serve their purpose of being tolerable enough to spend quality time with the significant other.

Even though the season was trash, the end scene in the food court hit hard for those that lost good friends due to relationships and work.

View attachment 156307

Goggins is definitely a great actor - he was a standout in this show.

I'm also confused on what this show is supposed to be?
A mystery? It wasnt very mysterious, hardly any investigation, piecing together of bits, etc.
A black comedy? I laughed maybe three times through 19 episodes
A drama? it didnt take itself seriously enough to even come close to be considered drama
Just 10 hours of non stop cringe? Now that it did very well, it was extremely cringey but I dont get enjoyment from cringe

I dont know, i just felt like Lee/Gamby dynamic had a ton of potential for comedy but they took it in complete opposite direction and just turned it to shit. The only reason i watched all the way to the end is that the show became so ridiculous and implausible that I just had to know how it ended.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

This show wasn't meant to be a realistic telling of two real people's lives in a struggle for power to become principal of a school. It was a McBride show. You kind of knew what you were getting into when his name was so attached. Like do you also complain that Eastbound doesn't accurately show the struggles of a man trying to cope with fame and redemption into the MLB? No its just a stupid character doing stupid shit and its entertaining. You said it yourself you couldn't stop watching the show so obviously you were at the very least entertained.

Tenks

I was wondering if the Stevie cameo was trying to leave the door open for a spin-off with those two characters again

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
At least he wasnt talking like an idiot this time.

Stevie was a shit character, and I never want to see him again.

I liked the Stevie character overall but I was taken out of things quite a few times by the way that he talked. I could never tell if he was supposed to just be stupid or actually retarded

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 156307

Yup, you're as dumb as Astr0.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just finished it and liked it quite a bit. Binged the final four episodes over the last two nights.

spronk

FPS noob
Binged most of season 2, its a little better on a binge watch since all the boring stuff just kinda flies by. I like the show but don't love it, and probably really wouldn't ever recommend anyone else watch. I do love the tiger at the end, that thing was freaking awesome. I wish they just had gone for full on insanity though, like the school blowing up, everyone dying, etc. Sure, it felt pretty grounded (although... tiger) and charming but I dunno, season 1 had a lot of WTFcrazy moments and season 2 just didn't, and I expected season 2 to keep building on 1 rather than become a bit more maudlin.