Video Game Music (vgm) Thread

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I've just today discovered VomitroN who remake a ton of NES classics into metal covers. Apparently they have been around for a long time.

But with that said, almost every cover they are doing is amazingly good! And a lot of their videos are synced to the level in the game.

Good shit!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Full nerdy analysis. I have no idea what most of it means, but fascinating.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'll never forget meeting that half transparent man in a corner. I exhausted everything he had to say then went over it all again. He'd been everywhere I'd ever wanted to go. I felt like a poor person watching that old show lifestyles of the rich and famous.

The character managed to be likeable though. If you describe him it almost comes across as a rich trust fund kid on a travel binge, but the man risked his life and really his soul in some crazy places. This is more akin to space travel or crazy idiots riding a cheap sub to see the titanic. I had a mix of jealousy and admiration. The negative energy plane is like if the summit of Everest extended into space.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Personal rankings of the best video game soundtracks (that I've heard)

#1 - Chrono Cross
#2 - Xenogears
#3 - Chrono Trigger
#4 - Vagrant Story
#5 - Secret of Mana
#6 - Tobal No. 1
#7 - Mega Man 2
#8 - Secret of Evermore
#9 - Final Fantasy Tactics
#10 - Super Metroid

Fun fact: The top 3 were all led by the same guy, Yasunori Mitsuda.

Later I'll post some "best of" groupings of the lesser-known ones. I'm guessing not everyone is familiar with Tobal No. 1, Evermore, or Vagrant Story.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Personal rankings of the best video game soundtracks (that I've heard)

#1 - Chrono Cross
#2 - Xenogears
#3 - Chrono Trigger
#4 - Vagrant Story
#5 - Secret of Mana
#6 - Tobal No. 1
#7 - Mega Man 2
#8 - Secret of Evermore
#9 - Final Fantasy Tactics
#10 - Super Metroid

Fun fact: The top 3 were all led by the same guy, Yasunori Mitsuda.

Later I'll post some "best of" groupings of the lesser-known ones. I'm guessing not everyone is familiar with Tobal No. 1, Evermore, or Vagrant Story.
Castlevania SOTN not being on that list is a crime.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Castlevania SOTN not being on that list is a crime.

I'm kind of Castlevania-deficient and haven't heard SOTN yet, but I'm supposed to play it for Halloween with a friend so I'll hear it then. Super Castlevania IV probably should have beaten Super Metroid for the 10 spot.

I did completely forget something else: DOOM.

Would be #6 on the list if I'd remembered it.

• 2Like