Virtual Reality

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Vive Wireless adapter is out. I'm tempted, but I think I'm gonna' wait for next-gen stuff before buying any more VR gear. My OG Vive will have to do for now.

VIVE Wireless Adapter

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I wish I could justify that. Still feel burnt by the Vive Pro 'upgrade options'. Also set things back up only to find Audioshield had it's Youtube support gutted, so lame :(

Siliconemelons

VR bros, I have a project at work and need some help.

We want to make 360 VR tour movies of our location(s) - so we need to get a 360 camera to record them etc.

I remember when vr was "newish" that some of the new and advancing 360 videos would allow the viewer to "move/shift" alittle and the video would shift with them, as if they are standing in the place and allowed to have a natural movement.

What is that term? I forgot and because I cant remeber, googlefu is failing me- nor is it a "spec" on any cameras i am finding

also recommendations on a 0-1500$ 360 HD camera for this purpose.

thanks bros! (and gal bros)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Also set things back up only to find Audioshield had it's Youtube support gutted, so lame :(
That sucks badly. That's one of our favorite games. I wonder why they did that. Are they trying to monetize it?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Will drop this here because the thread in other games is really a decent PSVR discussion. No dates or prices on any of the hardware.

Some CES stuff from HTC:

Vive Pro Eye announced, it's a Pro w/ eye tracking supporting foveated rendering. I look forward to an extremely underwhelming upgrade offer.

DwVlvRHU0AAT6OR.jpg:large

Also some unlimited Viveport Infinity subscription a la Xbox Game Pass, 1 monthly price to access the whole catalog. Coming in April.

Firefox Reality the new default browser for Vive.

Also (announced as I type this) they're doing some kind of PS Home thing as they re-imagine their software:

Their response to Oculus Go: Vive Cosmos.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Huh? The other threads title has all the systems in it. The latest discussion is PSVR focused because that's what everyone got lately. :(