Virtual Reality

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They have those Attog. With head mounts even, so your head controls the camera and someone else can even fly the drone. Parrot makes a hamster wheel type quad that would be great for checking out rooftops I think.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After seeing the hololens with minecraft yesterday and hearing people say they can't use oculus for extended periods of time, my interest in VR has changed to not very much at all. Thats a shame.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_100292.jpg

slowstang_sl

shitlord
I just bought an Oculus DK2 from a friend and have been blown away by some of the demos such as Titans of Space and Sight Line Chair. I mainly bought the Oculus to play Elite Dangerous but ive run into a problem that I cant seem to fix. When I try to run Elite in Oculus mode all my monitors begin to flash on and off over and over, the only way to stop it is to turn the rift off. I currently run two 1440p monitors and one 1080p g-sync monitor on a GTX 780ti, I dont know if the different resolutions or refresh rates are effecting the rift in games. Has anyone seen this happen or know of a fix?

Column_sl

shitlord
I think the Hololens has the greatest chance of being at least practical for the next few years.

I doubt it's going to be as cool as what they are trying to present at e3 tho.

Curious to get a kit now, and see how it stacks up.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ordered a GTX 980ti yesterday to upgrade my several year old video card. I haven't had a top of the line one before, probably ever. For you guys using really nice video cards on this stuff, how much of a difference do they make? I was thinking of picking up The Witcher 3 to play on this since it is a new game and would probably take advantage of the horsepower. If any of you are playing that one, how is it?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Depends how much cash you want to spend and how many new games you play. I'm still running two 680s and see no difference in games.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I ordered a GTX 980ti yesterday to upgrade my several year old video card. I haven't had a top of the line one before, probably ever. For you guys using really nice video cards on this stuff, how much of a difference do they make? I was thinking of picking up The Witcher 3 to play on this since it is a new game and would probably take advantage of the horsepower. If any of you are playing that one, how is it?
I snagged a GTX980 a few months back. Was on a GTX680 for a couple years. At 1080P res I see zero difference in BF4 or FF14. My bottleneck is my i7 4790K at this point.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I snagged a GTX980 a few months back. Was on a GTX680 for a couple years. At 1080P res I see zero difference in BF4 or FF14. My bottleneck is my i7 4790K at this point.
You need to play some other games. You will see a huge difference in Witcher 3 on a 980 vs a 680. That CPU is fine. Better yet, get a higher res monitor and the difference will be even greater.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's interesting and is an excellent idea. I can only imagine the kind of frustration and learning curve that exists for astronauts being responsible for maintaining a thousand extremely complex and limited production systems. I don't have a good vision on how they expect the sidekick system to help, but I cna imagine a few useful ideas.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol, especially with the super serious epic music on top of astronauts dicking around

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess the hololens didn't make it along with all of the other supplies.

I have been playing around with Google Cardboard lately and it's neat but the picture is pretty terrible. Is it safe to assume that Occulis Rift et al have a considerably better picture than cardboard?