Virtual Tabletop Gaming Option

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Anyone have any thoughts on good software/services for virtual tabletop gaming?

Want to try and organize a game night for friends who are in disparate locations and have an excuse to drink together.

*Alk is trying to fix my account so I can make threads, original was LLR making for me to edit to what I needed*

Last edited:

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So how does this work, you guys use actual tables for like poker chips or money? How many tables woould 1 table cost at like Ikea?

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
1603933452916.png

Friends and I went in on this and were disappointed. Good luck!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
To be honest, Second Life is good for this. If you need help with it, let me know.

KR Engineering has a lot of good games in SL to enjoy with friends, as does Brock Games. They are some of the higher end makers. L$ is very expensive atm with so many people in SL, so you're looking at about $8 - $10 USD per table if you bought them, and you'd need a place to put them in but if you bought premium sub ($99 per year) you get some free land and a house you can put it in and bring friends over. You can (probably?) find a sandbox to put them out, but you'll probably be griefed.

Alternatively, you can go to their stores, and simply play the games they have there. I don't know their store policies on that, but I know a lot of people do it. If you go this route, the entire experience is free.

It's pricey, but it's a true virtual sense, voice and all.

Here's some of the games from the makers:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I will second Tabletop Simulator. It’s a great framework, depending on what you want to play. Some of the highly scripted games are fantastic and can play just like the real game, with less setup time obviously. We played kingdom death on it just fine, and that’s a fairly complicated game.

The controls feel wonky at first but once you play a couple games of something it’s fine. Play something solo a couple times and you’ll have it down.

It also helps if you can get a pdf of the rules for the game you want to play or have them up on a second screen within TTS maybe. KDM I got everyone a rules pdf and we had them up on second screen/tablets. You need to know the rules and play correctly in TTS. It will let you do whatever the hell you want, because it doesn’t know the rules of what you’re playing, it’s just like you have the board and pieces in real life.

I can’t really commit to any kind of scheduled weekly thing but if you ever want to play a 2 player game to try it out hit me up and I can schedule something.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll second TTS since the first guy seemed to be actually dissing it?

Tabletoptopia or whatever the fuck it is is cool but each game costs money except the 'demo' games.

Board game arena is probably the best free option and it's app/browser based. Some quality games that you can play without subbing.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll second TTS since the first guy seemed to be actually dissing it?

Tabletoptopia or whatever the fuck it is is cool but each game costs money except the 'demo' games.

Board game arena is probably the best free option and it's app/browser based. Some quality games that you can play without subbing.
I already seconded it. You have to third it. Cmon man.

But yeah, idk why first guy didn’t like it, it’s incredible imo. The amount of content is insane.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Mainly because my friends had the attention span of gnats and so after a clunky game of Monopoly they all threw in the towel. You guys are probably right, I would have liked to give it another go.

• 1Pathetic