Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I would have rather the quests keep you from engaging that expansions bosses. Locking you of exp zones when they were useful seemed kind of dumb.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
the boosted stat and reduced mob stats was big plus on NL. There also seemed to be some huge tweak on resists and hit rate. I could tear through a mob 8 levels higher than me like butter as a melee and as a caster I could hand full damage on deep reds almost 100% of the time.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I will try this as well. I have no interest in custom content and no 65 quest + autoscribing is a big positive for me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I found NL late and did not get to play there. Looking forward to this!

Pogi

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
the boosted stat and reduced mob stats was big plus on NL. There also seemed to be some huge tweak on resists and hit rate. I could tear through a mob 8 levels higher than me like butter as a melee and as a caster I could hand full damage on deep reds almost 100% of the time.

Im pretty sure I either saw the code for this in the files or Maze posted it in one of the discord channels. Are the current mobs at default health dmg and resists?

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im pretty sure I either saw the code for this in the files or Maze posted it in one of the discord channels. Are the current mobs at default health dmg and resists?

The mobs were debuffed from the beginning based on the code you're talking about.

Also, now noob armor vendors are added in PoK near the Soulbinder, and xp was boosted a bit.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, Kunark is in.
Translocators are up with the noob vendors.
I've stripped out most of the placeholders and added fableds back in (a few were already there, but most weren't).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Ok, Kunark is in.
I've stripped out most of the placeholders and added fableds back in (a few were already there, but most weren't).
I've been messing around on Stormhaven, but it's just not for me. I have to use some self control and wait until after Tuesday to roll on here. My company requires CompTIA certs and mine expired and my boss wants to kill me heh. Excited to roll here. Thanks for your work.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
I played a lot last night. No crashes
Ok, Kunark is in.

Control Control excellent work!

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
This server is as advertised. It is the dad's server we deserve. Control Control is making dad servers great again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
This server is coming along nicely - nice work Control Control

My only gripe at this point is pet agro / proximity agro. I'm not sure when it was changed or if it was a NL specific change but pet's being able to get agro/hold it even when a melee character was close was really nice for 2 boxing. As it stands now my magician is basically just pling my bard.

Any plans on adding attuning to expansions by killing expansion bosses? Maybe I'm alone in liking that progression and if so, nevermind.

• 1Like