Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the steam version of everquest still usable as RoF2? I tried to run the game after downloading from the links off of page one, but it was filled with errors about missing files.

Thanks,

Pogi

Just to check, did you make sure that you had the right server selected? I just redownloaded the 10 zip files to try that client in a clean directory, and I was able to log in without any additional files.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
If you don't add the patchme bit in the shortcut you do get .dll errors up the wazoo.

• 1Like

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
This server is coming along nicely - nice work Control Control

My only gripe at this point is pet agro / proximity agro. I'm not sure when it was changed or if it was a NL specific change but pet's being able to get agro/hold it even when a melee character was close was really nice for 2 boxing. As it stands now my magician is basically just pling my bard.

Any plans on adding attuning to expansions by killing expansion bosses? Maybe I'm alone in liking that progression and if so, nevermind.

Send info to Rab on how to add pet aggro.

Code:
sub EVENT_LEVEL_UP {
quest::traindiscs ($ulevel, 1);
quest::scribespells ($ulevel, 1);
$client->Message( 15, "Your experiences across the realm have infused you with increased power and knowledge..." );
foreach my $skill (0..42,48..54,62,66,67,70..74) {
next unless $client->CanHaveSkill($skill);
my $maxSkill = $client->MaxSkill( $skill, $client->GetClass(), $ulevel );
next unless $maxSkill > $client->GetRawSkill($skill);
$client->SetSkill( $skill, $maxSkill );
}
if (($ulevel == 20 && $class ~~ ["Necromancer","Enchanter","Magician","Wizard"]) ||
($ulevel == 30 && $class ~~ ["Druid","Shaman","Cleric"])) {
$client->Message(5, "Remember you can only have 1 specialization over the skill level of 50, the ".
"first to exceed skill level 50 becomes your specialization!");
}
}

This will add autoscribe/skill and not affect tradeskills.
Put that in global_player.pl in \server\quests\global\

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feels like forever since a status update!
  • Added a new translocator to get you out of Crescent for the unfortunate few class/race/diety combinations that seem to refuse to spawn elsewhere.
  • Got rid of LOTS of ph's. I'm sure I missed some, and there are some that multiple nameds on a single table, but your rare hunting should be VASTLY improved.
  • Had an audit of all the fabled, their spawns, and their loot. Added most of them back into the spawn tables and made sure that they actually drop their fabled loot 100% now.
  • Removed glowing loot molds (jesus christ this stuff made defiant look like cloth caps!)
  • Removed Naggy's and Vox's ability to punt high level toons out of the zone.
  • Removed key requirements from HS/Seb/VP (actually this time instead of theoretically)
  • Added in a change that might let pets actually tank now. Let me know how that goes.
  • Added shrink/invis potions to the general vendor.
  • Added Guise of the Deceiver, jboots, and an ancient crocodile!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Is EQemu login down? I connect and get a blank server select screen.

Nevermind it's just me, fucking Japan -_-

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just to check, did you make sure that you had the right server selected? I just redownloaded the 10 zip files to try that client in a clean directory, and I was able to log in without any additional files.

If you don't add the patchme bit in the shortcut you do get .dll errors up the wazoo.

Thank you for the help. It was not the client from page 1 or the patchme. After uzipping the client and running it again, I noticed I was somehow missing a few direct x files needed to run it. Got that fixed and was able to start playing last night. Cheers!

I am boxing a paladin(Molick) and druid(Pogi).

Pogi

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've got a Bard / Magician going. Control is putting a lot of work into this server! It made the decision easy to move over from NL.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick update:
  • fixed fabled spawning WAY too much and in different spawn spots
  • realized that there were a lot other sets like defiant and at least some of them were in game >< so tried to remove them all
  • autoscribe no longer gives mages free epics
  • fixed seb crypt door to actually open (then got annoyed at keyed doors in general and removed keys from a lot of doors)
  • added manastone!

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I enjoyed my time on the server but the overall pace of content is way too fast for me. As it stands new content is being released without previous content being defeated by the playerbase. Not sure if CT/Inny/EoV/Phinny have ever died yet, but Kunark is out. VP has not been cleared but Velious is expected in a few days or so. Great server, but not my cup of tea.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, but the server isn't intended to be some sort of time-locked progression. Just to clear up the plan, I want to get the relevant content (up to PoP) in and working as soon as possible. It's only restricted to give me a chance to sort out problems in a less-overwhelming way.

My reasoning is that any sort of time-locked progress is temporary, and I don't want to set up a temporary server. Timelocking also only solves the problem that it solves for people that mostly join and play in lockstep. Anyone joining late or progressing too slowly has the same issue that you're facing now. I'd rather just get the content up, tune it well, and have it be rock solid for years.

• 2Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I'm playing as a sk/dru duo, Tulo and Ajane. Been having fun up to 26 so far.

Thinking about swapping the Druid out for something else. Maybe something evil so I wouldn't have issues killing some guards and stuff.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I'm playing as a sk/dru duo, Tulo and Ajane. Been having fun up to 26 so far.

Thinking about swapping the Druid out for something else. Maybe something evil so I wouldn't have issues killing some guards and stuff.

Don't worry about faction. Kill away!

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Control Control One of the buffs that we get from the soulbinder is showing up as unknown and makes me think there might be a lot more unknown spells that I am going to run into in the future. Is there is specific spell file that I need that I can get from another client etc. that will include those? (I am using the RoF client from the zips on page 1)

Thanks,

Pogi