Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started playing on the server 3 days ago. Haven't played EQ since PoP came out. This server caught my attention and decided to give it a go. I now have a Bard and Rogue level 57. Having lots of fun.

Unfortunately, can't seem to run more than 2 toons. That's cool. I am hoping sometime later we will be able to 4 box for the dream team: Tank/dps/heals/utility. (War/rog/cleric/bard).

Anytips for starting off? I feel bard and rogue duo can only go so far:/

Hi and welcome to the server! Bard/rog sounds like a pretty unusual duo, but it's probably fine for xp. Not sure how well it would do against harder things, but I've learned not to underestimate good bards. In open areas, I'd imagine you could do really well kiting/fearkiting.

The server is limited to 2boxing atm, but it seems like at least a few people are interested in running more. I'm making a few changes this week, and assuming everything is still stable, I may drop the restriction after that. The more boxing there is, the less incentive there is to group, which is unfortunate, but we're not exactly a live server with thousands of concurrent players either (not that it was easy to get groups even on live).

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update: PoP is mostly open! (everything pre-elementals is unlocked)
  • Progression is tested and verified working up to EP, but some bits are a little wonky (and PoP flagging was already damned convoluted on Live). Be sure to follow an online progression guide closely and make liberal use of the Seer in PoK to tell you which steps you're missing.
  • Note that the PoJ trials require you to be grouped or some of the scripts break (not that trying to solo them would be a great idea at this point).
  • Reduced PoP spawntimes (2-4h, depending on the mob)
  • Removed level bypass of pop flagging
  • Removed or reduced duration on a number of PoP npc spells

Other changes:
  • translocators/soulbinders whisper now so way less spam
  • Added Circlet of Shadow
  • removed TOFS keys
  • Changed the raid xp modifier to be the same as the group xp mod (it was MUCH less by default)
  • LoH and HT now autotrain until level 46 for Pallys and SKs
  • Tunare no longer summons everything in the zone on aggro
  • Cazic no longer summons everything in the zone on aggro
  • Keeper of Souls in the Plane of Sky now pops faster
  • Made Dargon in Halas easier to buy from
  • Made Battle_Master_Ska`tu in chardok much more likely to actually carry his weapon.
  • Added warrens to Norrath dungeon teleporter
  • Increased the duration of the buffs on the soulbinder

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed sk spells: shroud of death, shroud of chaos, and black shroud
  • Moved gynok moltor away from the zone of befallen
  • Rescued Diddugu from under the world in Western Wastes
  • Helped Jynhadar in Shadeweavers spawn
  • Fixed everyone having GM tags
  • Fixed a login problem caused by fixing GM tags
  • Manastone works in combat now
  • Re-removed snare on Fungus Covered Great Staff - the snare still happens (probably until the spellfile is updated, but it no longer blocks SoW, which was the main issue)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
P.S Control, in the PoJ script, theres a distance check. May want to increase or remove because if one member is too far from the npc it will still start the event to which you're locked out.

How much are you considering opening up boxing? The simplicity of less boxing is nice, but more chars allows you to do more quicker and have more utility which is good as well. If 6 boxing is allowed though, you almost feel like you have to 6 box to be fully effective (eventually).
I'm sure everyone has different opinions, but 2-3 chars is pretty nice. Maybe consider adding one char at a time and see what the community thinks?
Part of the appeal of this server (at least for me) was the limited boxing. 6+ toons gets cumbersome :p

Keep up the awesome work :D

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, it's tricky. It sucks to feel like you need to box to be useful, but it also sucks when you want to do bigger things and there's no one available to group. I'm very open to suggestion if anyone has a nice way to sort out both sides of the problem. Personally, I used to box a lot, but unless you're heavily automating (and doing it really well), you lose a lot of effectiveness after 3-4 imo. One extra upside is class variety though. EQ needs slows, so that really limits effective duos. Adding another toon or two really opens up the number of effective combinations.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure tbh, I'm usually asleep or at work during peak US hours. I see 20+ pretty often, though a decent chunk of that is duos of course.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Not sure tbh, I'm usually asleep or at work during peak US hours. I see 20+ pretty often, though a decent chunk of that is duos of course.

I have seen as high as 26. Lots of duos but a few solo peeps.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I need another 5 day weekend like I had when I started up on here. Hosix any time you guys are about to go kill some cool content would you mind PM'ing me on here? I kind of browse through the forums way, way too often with phone/tablet/PC use all combined.

• 1Like

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Control, thank you !

I'm finally able to start playing and having a lot of fun. Oh nostalgia...

If anyone wants to group I've got a 32 warrior and cleric mainly hanging out in lower guk right now but plan on putting in some time into leveling the next few days.

For full disclosure I've forgotten a lot, haven't played in 12ish years and while I boxed for raids this is my first run at running a clericbot full time.

Shoot me a tell on rikkon or xqar

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Control, thank you !

If anyone wants to group I've got a 32 warrior and cleric mainly hanging out in lower guk right now but plan on putting in some time into leveling the next few days.

For full disclosure I've forgotten a lot, haven't played in 12ish years and while I boxed for raids this is my first run at running a clericbot full time.

Welcome to the server!

Hosix

All labs matter!
Control, thank you !

Hit me up on Hosix/Slowsix of you need help with anything.

Wiza

Trakanon Raider
The client in the OP seems more like a folder copy than an installer. I have Trilogy and Titanium, will either or both work?

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Oh man I think I am going to hop on this. Jonesin' for that Troll SK love, but so time limited lately.

So run on an emu; is everything I need in those zip files on page 1 or 2?

Hosix

All labs matter!
Oh man I think I am going to hop on this. Jonesin' for that Troll SK love, but so time limited lately.

So run on an emu; is everything I need in those zip files on page 1 or 2?

Basically...and create an account. It's a great server with a small but growing community.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Well damn, I got onto server select once, but I couldn't pick a server, or interact with the ui at all. Forced a restart because it locked my system. Now when I try to Launch Titanium, I get an error saying cannot locate eqgame, even though it's right there in the same folder. Here's the command in my launch titanium.bat file " start /affinity 1 eqgame patchme"

Combing the EqEmu forums for a fix.

Edit: Fixed, forgot to change the name of short cut in its properties. Maybe I should get some sleep...nah.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
These days, I strongly recommend you don't use titanium. The RoF2 client is a lot better.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I think it is the RoF2 client (Controls version) but the .BAT is just named "launch titanium". It is still just launching whatever version I have loaded.

Well I am lovin this server. Leveling might be a little fast at low levels, but it was fun getting single kill levels in UGuk for a little while. Got Fabled Rahotep last night omw to commons, and then went and died in Befallen. Bring back some memories for sure. Thank God I spawn with all my equipment, other wise I'd have never gotten to bed.

Noticed no key holders in Befallen, but also seem to be missing my Ogre pal and his Barbed arms. Of course Gynok and I danced, it was dreamy.

• 1Like