Visit Butcherblock Mountains

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I hated fucking druid rings. Everyone was so much more accustomed to getting druid ports that they didn't know where the fuck they were at most of the wizard spires. I loved porting people to Skyfire as a wiz though and letting them get assfucked by close pathing high level drakes.
I seem to recall a few levels you could only Evac there, and so you had the choice of dying in the bowels of whatever horrible Kunark dungeon you were in at the time or Evac the group to Skyfire to die in the middle of an outdoor zone to level 50-something drakes and wurms.

Christ life as a wizard was awful. All in return for Ice Comet... lol.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was mad the first time Wuoshi fucked me up right when I zoned in from a port.
That was Wakening Lands. I was dragon faction for the longest time in Velious since my guild was like third place and relegated to Halls of Testing and Kael instead of NToV so I would port people there and not give a fuck about Wuoshi being up or not.

I seem to recall a few levels you could only Evac there, and so you had the choice of dying in the bowels of whatever horrible Kunark dungeon you were in at the time or Evac the group to Skyfire to die in the middle of an outdoor zone to level 50-something drakes and wurms.

Christ life as a wizard was awful. All in return for Ice Comet... lol.
It was still a far easier CR than like the depths of Chardok or something. Even as an evac if you are the wiz and know where you are all about to land you can start casting invis on zone, I don't think anything at the port in saw invis. Didn't always work but was better than relying on your shield spell since those fuckers would break through it fast. Most classes could survive the run back to zone line though if they actually knew where they were going, which not all did.

Being a wizard had its perks. I made some money porting. There was invis and lev and shit. And of course in absence of groups you could root bomb, kite or quad which was huge. Being a wiz who actually liked to group at high levels could be annoying if you had no friends on but the soloing made up for that in all but travel time, which of course was mitigated by your ports anyway.

Later in the game, like Luclin and PoP, wizard got seriously powerful in a lot more ways. No one could compete with me in AA's per hour in PoP or really even Luclin or late Velious. Raiding got better and better for damage as the game progressed. The era of mana burning Velious dragons for mad loot (plat really for most of us) was fucking awesome after years of being second only to rangers as a joke of a class.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
It was always fun trolling people as a wiz. Port group to skyfire,Emerald Jungle, or Plane of Hate, then gate away. Oops sorry bros

fucker_sl

shitlord
they actually made achivements for them when the cap was like...lv85 or something. So we had to train them of course. Being an ogre i never ever clicked those hotkeys before. i had to park him inside one of the Oggok huts with a lv5 merchant and left it autoclicking for 4 nights to rise beg

kick was easier, even if i went from hitting for 1000+stun with Bash to 1+no stun with Kick

oh, and the fun of bind wounds....massjumping down hills and buildings to get some damage and spamming it before my natural regen got me over 50%....that was awful....

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they actually made achivements for them when the cap was like...lv85 or something. So we had to train them of course. Being an ogre i never ever clicked those hotkeys before. i had to park him inside one of the Oggok huts with a lv5 merchant and left it autoclicking for 4 nights to rise beg

kick was easier, even if i went from hitting for 1000+stun with Bash to 1+no stun with Kick

oh, and the fun of bind wounds....massjumping down hills and buildings to get some damage and spamming it before my natural regen got me over 50%....that was awful....
You didn't have to do idiotic, time-wasting achievements, bro....

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I remember soloing those guards at the BB docks. Good exp and loots! It also took me 44 levels to figure out that I could outrun NPCs by strafe running. Talk about a lot of needless deaths before that!

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Life was pretty easy in EQ. I played an Ikky Shaman. So yeah I couldn't go into cities but I canni dance so good.

Fuck you Xp penalty....fuck you so hard, but clicky SoW boots made up for it.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I see your xp penalty and raise you an Iksar + SK xp penalty. We lolled so hard the day we discoverd that I had gained the most xp even though I was constantly 1-2 levels behind my fucking faggot human friends. And no plate at launch. Still best character I ever played tho
smile.png

I believe I could still walk straight from Crushbone to the dwarf in Kaladim to turn the belts/pads in. No fucking map either, piece of shit casual gamers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Skyshrine was a real mother fucker.

You know shit is serious when people ask a friend to take two hours out of their weekend to help you do a quest turn in.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I fucking legit loved skyshrine. I would solo there for kicks all the time. I also spent 3 weeks camping that fucking guardian robe, so my human bard could have 2 orbs of tishan, the robe, then go anon and /ooc lvl 60 wiz lfg.

I spent hours chain casting my nuke for like 18 damage.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's why Giant faction is best faction. Turning in Yeli's head is a breeze.....if you can find Tormax up that is.

I must have won the lottery because my guardian robe was the first piece of guardian armour i saw drop.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Skyshrine was bad ass. Took balls to make zones like that. Really it didn't take balls but it would by today's fucked up standards. Even though that guy had the camera pulled back it highlights again my opinion that going third person has done as much to ruin the genre as these lame hallway/room "dungeon" maps. Notice single player RPG's are still first person oriented? Gee, I wonder why? How the fuck has the MMO genre ended up being some bastardized RTS overhead style button spammer instead of an RPG? Fucking Blizzard, I loved WoW at times but the entire genre is way off track these days.