Volvo Overseas Delivery - Sweden / EU

Siliconemelons

Has anyone done this, or know of anyone that did this?

Essentially due to import/export prices etc. the price of a new Volvo is the same (sometimes cheaper) to go over and get it with travel expenses included than to buy off the lot.

Aka: *free* trip to Sweden.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I was wanting to get my wife an XC90 and do this program once the ol man van is paid off - the Volvo offers ~ Price (new) vs mid and lux brand 3rd row SUVs, so I figure if we can get a "free" auro vacation while we are at it, it would be cool.

Siliconemelons

Volvos are quite nice and reliable. I know they where bought by a Chinese firm- but it was just an ownership swap- it's still made etc in sweden.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've heard of these deals and think my next BMW will be euro delivery-Volvos sound the most attractive package wise though and Sweden is a great country

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The BMW factory tour and Welt in Munich are very worthwhile to check out. I spent the better part of a day there, and didn't even have a chance to check out the actual museum that's also there. Not sure if they do the delivery thing there, or somewhere else in Germany.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I have a friend that did it. He tied it in with a family vacation and said it was seamless and fun.