War Dogs PvPvP 100 Person Tactical Shooter

Vhars

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
849
6,768
1790956072802.png
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,262
13,398
I want to experiment with a few friends. Get a FOB, put it in one of the corner warehouses and just wall it off, build a drill or two and fire it as much as possible.

I don't expect this to succeed at winning, I expect it to get stomped of existence, but if its in a warehouse you can close off almost all of it, so no sniper fags, and the support XP and money for building it and firing it might just be worth the time. I get home tonight, I'll grab a couple friends and give it a try since we're all trying to unlock the Carl G since the RPG is almost worthless. (looking at you, oddly resilient humvee).

I'll bring back a trip report on if its worth the effort.
Just got the maaws last night, though it was bed time, looking forward to trolling in a truck with it.
 

Mao

Trakanon Raider
763
1,793
Just got the maaws last night, though it was bed time, looking forward to trolling in a truck with it.
I was bitching in local after dying to one of the gun truck humvees. I had hit the thing in the grill with an RPG and it didn't even flinch. A guy heard me bitching and was all, "Want a MAAW?" He bought me one. It convinced me, cause the humvee died, an AH6 died, and I was having a good time. So yeah. I want one. It does what the RPG should.
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,766
4,885
The RPG needs to be lighter and rockets need to be lighter and 1-2 slots, not 3. Even the MAAWS ammo is only two slots. I'd gladly run 2-3 rpg shots if it didn't mean guaranteed Super Heavy.
 

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,242
489
If they don't make it lighter, atleast let me shoot that bitch out the gunner seat of a humvee so I can live this moment.. Also really want the a 50cal on the humvee.. with the 50 cal ragdoll.. fuck it'd be so good. Watching my homie get thrown from the window into the hall i'm standing because he got hit by a 50cal has easily been one of the funniest things i've witnessed.

 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,262
13,398
If they don't make it lighter, atleast let me shoot that bitch out the gunner seat of a humvee so I can live this moment.. Also really want the a 50cal on the humvee.. with the 50 cal ragdoll.. fuck it'd be so good. Watching my homie get thrown from the window into the hall i'm standing because he got hit by a 50cal has easily been one of the funniest things i've witnessed.


I'm excited next week to hear what's coming, id line to see more direct fire weapons for fob. Mg nest etc
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,766
4,885
1790977155893.png


Hell yeah. Havoc's yesterday were especially bad. When your best bet at killing an air vehicle is an anti-tank weapon, there's a problem. I did MAAWS one out of the air after approximately 15 verbaa's in a span of 60 seconds. I could clip a great video of a single flair from a Havoc 90m off the ground somehow distracting 3 verba rockets from different angles all shot in a 1-2 second cadence of each other. Truly bullshit.

Also my Verbaa hit a trees LIMBS, like the end of the fucking limb, and exploded which alerted the Havoc and his friend, other Havoc, to just hover 20 feet in front of me so I couldn't lock on and just slowly AE my tree until my 3 armor broke and they could actually damage me. AP 5.56 I'm not sure can even damage the pilot, I certainly tested it yesterday, just sniper rounds with high velo and probably LMG's. But even then probably just the RPK, I doubt the SAW is doing shit.
 
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,242
489
Mg nest etc
I've been fucking around with a couple ideas, mostly stimming from false blast doors and/or russian fire sack.. but basically make a stack of bunkers; 3 high or 2 w/e. Run Bremer walls parallel and a gate distance apart.. you can place a gate infront of the bunker and still operate the door. You essentially make a pillbox that limits incoming sniper fire and anybody walking in that line of sight is toasted by lmg fire.. big negative being incredibly slow gameplay.. but if you design the back facing into the base appropriately; you can basically have a psuedo guard tower over the mortar pits.. but i haven't done it myself as my supp skill is lower and i only would want to use the pkm w/ a bipod.

1790983928220.png

1790984005829.png




Otherwise I don't know how you'd do it approperiately because people love sandbagging the windows at the towers; and its fucking awful.. doesn't matter if they got little half/quarter bags to walk on to look over, the limited positioning versus the vast expanse on the outside is terrible; countersniping is near impossible and sniping inc assault is tedious. I use my body a lot to take a sniper shot to return a headshot. 2 doors per window is way better haha.. but in regards to a lmg, laying down somewhere in an unsuspecting bush or doorway seems to be the money play.. but i always love seeing lmg player take up the killfeeds when they get it.

edit; i guess 4 weapons inc and t4 getting letterbox vision and audio reductions.. they joked about having a mechanic the visor fogs up when you sprint.
 
Last edited:

Mao

Trakanon Raider
763
1,793
I think the honeymoon period is coming to a close for me. Too many questionable things in gameplay. I just got dropped, perfect shots through a smoke cloud. I was moving, other guy was moving and something all his shots hit me when there was smoke between us. Then he did the same with my buddy who was playing. So yeah.

Community servers are 90% better, but the balance wonkery and questionable 10% shit that still happens there just has soured the game for now. Its cool to hear it if your limited visibility with T4 is accurate and some of the other changes they have coming, but they have to do something to increase faith in their anti cheat and integrity.
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,766
4,885
Yeah there's definitely some free/low cost cheat going around. You can tell when the guy kills you and your teammates all in nearly the perfect amount of bullets because it detects when the "player' becomes "downed" and stops shooting so they'll run a 60 round M4 mag and kill almost 10 people with it before reloading. Had a game yesterday first guy I died to I knew was cheating then I basically just stayed dead because his team was deathballing the HZ while the other team griefed our FoB so it was a classic 99 to 2 to 1 type game. I've got a ~1 million dollars so my 22k kit is whatever at this point, it's just not worth the time flying/driving to the combat zone when APC is down just to get essentially head/eyes at 115m by some dude holding down his toggle.

Also had a cheater in an enemy URAL/APC just drive to our team and sit under them and honk nonstop. Obviously using walls as I'm like in a house I've been in for 5 minutes avoiding the OTHER cheater and he just drives up and starts honking for his team to kill me. At least when Thermal's existed there was a doubt, now it's just pretty obvious.
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,262
13,398
Made 60k on a maaws truck run, then lose 20k because at the map pointer in the middle of nowhere outside CZ is a sniper as i'm lining up on an incoming truck to our fob... just fucking gay, the risk/reward really starting to feel like tarkov and most steady cash is spotting or just taking an 8k kit into the meat grinder.

1791064522700.png
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,262
13,398
Love being held captive by a pilot doing 200kmh barely above ground that tries landing us in middle of everything...
 

Mao

Trakanon Raider
763
1,793
Yeah there's definitely some free/low cost cheat going around. You can tell when the guy kills you and your teammates all in nearly the perfect amount of bullets because it detects when the "player' becomes "downed" and stops shooting so they'll run a 60 round M4 mag and kill almost 10 people with it before reloading. Had a game yesterday first guy I died to I knew was cheating then I basically just stayed dead because his team was deathballing the HZ while the other team griefed our FoB so it was a classic 99 to 2 to 1 type game. I've got a ~1 million dollars so my 22k kit is whatever at this point, it's just not worth the time flying/driving to the combat zone when APC is down just to get essentially head/eyes at 115m by some dude holding down his toggle.

Also had a cheater in an enemy URAL/APC just drive to our team and sit under them and honk nonstop. Obviously using walls as I'm like in a house I've been in for 5 minutes avoiding the OTHER cheater and he just drives up and starts honking for his team to kill me. At least when Thermal's existed there was a doubt, now it's just pretty obvious.
Yeah. There is almost assuredly some aim bot that is being used. As you said, exact number of hits, through cover, smoke. My favorite was through the spaces on a pallet stack. Not even enough room to scope through the gap and get your muzzle in the gap as well. I see it mostly with the SVD. People running with it and just snapping shots off like fucking some Norwegian biathlete preparing for the Russian invasion of WW3.

The other is how short the time between shots compared with the angle between targets. I remember the old arguments of 'its just a mouse flick' but yeah. Bull shit. Its people running cheats. The timestamps on the kill recap makes some interesting conundrums.
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,262
13,398
If you are online, there will be hackers. But here it's kinda the hacker problem. You have something to lose other than just respawning. I think I'm ready for my old man arc and sticking largely to solo games. Maybe that will be something in the next decade. AI players that manage to be reasonably good but not too good/dumb unlike bots right now that can't hit that balance.
 

Mao

Trakanon Raider
763
1,793
Its odd but I feel a bit nostalgic for hosted servers back in the day, where you knew the people on it. Even going back to old WoW and such. You know players of your faction and the opposing faction, who they were. You saw them in battlegrounds, you saw them in open world. It made it feel better.

Also, this helped with moderation and admins handing issues but the big internet, always online always selling something is the far more profitable business model, and it helps deal with server pop imbalance and the like, so it makes sense. Just... something was lot along the way.

The other problem is Wardogs is on the Unreal Engine, and from people I have talked to and such, all games run it these days and it always has the same basic vulnerabilities. So its not tough for companies to write exploits and sell them and its a big business now. When all the companies keep using the same lock manufacturer and you just so happen to have a copy of the master key list, well. Not much you can expect really.
 

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,242
489
If it means anything, i've been playing at WARDOGS | TEG by TheJan

Queues are pretty shit now that the server #1 is basically anything above 100, but server #2 is 99 and below.. and they just opened up server #3 for NA west. They also just put out a sealclubbing=banned rule too.

I feel like atleast with Official Servers, though I haven't played much of them this last week.. were either A) People who got lasers or B) Landslide victories for the people in the know.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,262
13,398
If it means anything, i've been playing at WARDOGS | TEG by TheJan

Queues are pretty shit now that the server #1 is basically anything above 100, but server #2 is 99 and below.. and they just opened up server #3 for NA west. They also just put out a sealclubbing=banned rule too.

I feel like atleast with Official Servers, though I haven't played much of them this last week.. were either A) People who got lasers or B) Landslide victories for the people in the know.
I think the biggest way to increase enjoyment right now is if I had a squad. My peeps don't play. Airwing Martinez server is always dead. Need to start hunting more discords
 

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
3,689
8,426
Made 60k on a maaws truck run, then lose 20k because at the map pointer in the middle of nowhere outside CZ is a sniper as i'm lining up on an incoming truck to our fob... just fucking gay, the risk/reward really starting to feel like tarkov and most steady cash is spotting or just taking an 8k kit into the meat grinder.

View attachment 642648

They need to aggressively lower kit costs. You can buy a Lakota for 7k, about half the cost of a mid kit, and make easy money dropping supplies and groups into the HZ. Maybe get shot down once per game but realistically you can live the whole game if you're a decent pilot. I've made as much as 160k and I am mid skill.

Compare that to dropping 15k on a kit and getting picked off by a sweatlord or hacker 58 seconds into your deployment. It makes zero sense and it is why you see a lot people wanting to run logistics or fobbit the whole game instead of run assault.