War Dogs PvPvP 100 Person Tactical Shooter

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,549
14,146
I have more fun with the starter kits due to this. Easy to go positive and just rack up a big payday, then I die and do a great kit. I just kind of swap between that type of play mode, I just want loadouts to make it less painful to swap.
 

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,242
489
They need to aggressively lower kit costs. You can buy a Lakota for 7k, about half the cost of a mid kit, and make easy money dropping supplies and groups into the HZ. Maybe get shot down once per game but realistically you can live the whole game if you're a decent pilot. I've made as much as 160k and I am mid skill.

Compare that to dropping 15k on a kit and getting picked off by a sweatlord or hacker 58 seconds into your deployment. It makes zero sense and it is why you see a lot people wanting to run logistics or fobbit the whole game instead of run assault.

I'm the opposite; I think they need to increase vehicle prices aggressively. I personally enjoy the idea that your kits are leaning you into wanting to live longer than 10 seconds but vehicles don't seem to adhere to the same concept.. as the weeks has gone on, it's a little less apparent.. but when people started breaking into T4 and the endgame gear, they were far less risk oriented.. but there was an overtime progression, I never felt that for the attack vehicles minus havoc and tank(not arty). It's pretty funny killing an attack little bird knowing in about 5 minutes he is going to return.. an infantry man is the same, but only if they're in a midtier kit. I rarely see T4/FAL guys return, let alone solo, non-zerg/deathball.. though I had one game where these 6 Ghilli suit guys kept keeping each other alive and/or not giving up because they wanted to keep their ghillie suits... probably got upwards to 20 kills off of them and not counting my duos.

I don't start doing whispy shit til I make atleast half my kit back in profit. I think there will be a rude awakening when the parachute nerf hits.. first few days will be glorious. Also if to be understood as true, water accumulating on heli's(guessing all vehicles?) and T4 helm visors; should be interesting

Brammer also mentioned something regarding streaks, which was specifically regarding driving progression. I wouldn't mind that being something that is applied across the board to alleviate costs. As of now, Driving has a "round trip bonus" but said by S2, it'll be a compounding bonus. If it were the same for Infantry, would be pretty cool. Do job, and get more for doing it consistently.

Also a ton of PKM videoes have started popping up, and it shreds.
 
Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,768
4,885
Vehicles either need to be expensive and you have to be good with them to pay off or if they're cheap they need some limit/cooldown so people can't just spam them. I actually had like ONE game where the game was where I envisioned it where a Havoc was trying to blow up FOB's and vehicles and the little birds were all trying to blow up the havoc and other little birds were fighting THOSE little birds. Vehicle vs Vehicle combat rather than some unkillable 10k buzzsaw 3 shotting me in 3 armor/4 helmet because he only gets neck shots (new cheat, btw!). I've done a few double MAAWS/Verba runs now and for the 4 or so MAAWS and one Verba I get MAYBE one vehicle kill and it's usually a shitty little bird RTB after dodging a Talon already. I've also done Verba 6 RPG shells while under heli attack and it's just too hard to get the window when peope don't mark helicopters. Rocket choppers are actuallly bugged and you don't hear them fire rockets but hear them hit you and the audio channe is fucked or something so you don't hear it flying at all. It may be an audio cone thing with all vehicles, I had a humvee show up 6 feet from me, kill my teammate, no audio until they shot, then drive away and I had a MAAWS. Worried I was going to miss my opportunity but they came back (didn't hear it) until they commed they were rezzing some guy. If they hadn't done that I would've peaked it with my gun and gotten splattered.

Some of this is their servers just not holding up. Happens in every large scale persistent game like this and BRs. The more objects the more people the more explosions the worse server performance. I don't know how their audio channels work for prio but you're getting more and more Heavy's running up to you completely silent. A complete wipe next week will probably make audio work much better at least temporarily.

I go from games where we deathball and nothing happens and we win. Deathball vs Deathball and it's fun. Or both teams just lock down our entire team for some reason and I just lose 80k trying to combat infinite vehicles. It's a weird place, but it's all data for collection and analysis in the end.
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,768
4,885
Just rewatched it and there is Humvee audio but it's intermittent. Could've been just start/stopping or if they're an ol H1Z1/PUBG pro just ghosted around with the engine off. There's definitely patches of no audio when it's within 25m of me though. Also I triple kill it and I got a whopping 10k total for a vehicle kill, 2 normal kills, and 1 "shutdown" kill. That's kind of shit for the amount of effort it took to hunt down and walk super heavy with 6 stims to the spot where I could POSSIBLY kill it before it killed me. $1500 for a gunner humvee straight up seems kind of shit.