Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Comes out tomorrow

Preordered

If its anywhere good as Dungeon Keeper I will be more than pleased

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I backed this on early access it feels like forever ago, and it has never once been playable since. Now, that might have changed in the past several months, and I'll reinstall and try it out and see, but just fair warning.

Might wait for some word of mouth before dropping cash on it if you haven't already.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Less than 10 minutes into their launch stream they already took a shot at EA games

Goonsquad Officer
any fresh eyes on this? I want to get ti bad, but am not sure about it

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
They've patched it, up to 1.07 now I believe. Lots of bug fixes but still has that semi work in progress feel. If you enjoyed the Dungeon Keeper series I really recommend it. I'm not sure far into the game but it's so far pretty entertaining.

Caliane

TB's run down is basically. "its ok, but buggy as hell. needs at least 1 more month of patching. wait a bit on it"

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Good to hear its at least mostly playable.

Haven't had time to actually sit down with it and try it out myself. Its sitting there installed, and looks like it got a patch today by my steam downloads list.

Goonsquad Officer
I've been playing the campaign up to level 10 now.

it's astonishingly like dungeon keeper 2. lawsuitingly like dungeon keeper 2. same voice actor. same general principles, but with alternate themes.

hatchery --> micropiglet farm
Training room --> barracks
prison --->prison, only it doesn't make skellitons. it just stores guys

it seems to have more kinds of units, more functions. each trap has 2 modes of action. instead of just spells you now have spells, rituals, constructions. rituals requires guys to pray at the temple for a while and it makes a big effect (all the walls are finished in the dungeon). constructions are items that are not traps. like a box that teliports gold dropped in it ot hte dungeon heart (wait, i mean dungeon core!), or new wall segments.

capture units in the prison, drop them in the torture chamber to convert them, torture them to death to make them into shades (invisible scout units), grind them up into food in the tavern, cast blood money on them to turn them into a block of gold (instead of 'create gold spell').

there's a big talent tree thing for...i suppose sandbox or survival mode. your cultists research it in the archive.

so basicly it's like a 1 for 1 remake of the mechanics of DK2, with new style to everything, added features, and it's own campaign. So if you have DK nostalgia it's a great game. I like it a lot, but it's not an evolution on the DK franchize, it's the same thing again. I'm hoping they build upon it in the future.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ironically it being buggy until the first major patch is pretty much a hallmark of the dungeon keeper series hehe. Sounds like a game I will pick up after they get a good patch or two under their belt.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I'm still waiting to hear that it has stabilized...then I'm snapping it up. I loved the originals.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Plays well, but a little clunky. Little polish on the UI would have gone a long way. Still worth 20 bucks though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I Kickstarted this forever ago, but after watching Total Biscuit's video I'm waiting another month or so. They seem to be patching fairly often, which is good. I've got Pillars of Eternity to play anyway, so no big deal for me to wait a bit.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is 40% off now for the Steam Summer Sale, and I saw Patch 1.1 was released recently. Anybody who has it mind updating on whether the miracle patch is real and this is worth snagging for us DK vets?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I had the second to last mission freeze every time before it could be finished except one time where I cleared it super fast.... and my imps wouldnt capture the last objective.

It rustled me good

I hope they fix that so I can finish. Game was great otherwise if you like DK.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am on the third level and the huge amount of impenetrable rock is kinda bullshit.

Also, I wasn't expecting the game to be such a blatant rip off of DK, haha. They basically just renamed everything.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I am on the third level and the huge amount of impenetrable rock is kinda bullshit.

Also, I wasn't expecting the game to be such a blatant rip off of DK, haha. They basically just renamed everything.
I think I'm fine with this. I ended up picking it up during the summer sale and hoping for the best.