War with Syria

tad10

Elisha Dushku
interesting conspiracy theory, I don't buy just yet. The Democratic party seems to want to replace defense spending with social spending, not the other way around.
Nah. This makes more sense to me than even the Qatari pipeline and explains the run up to war just prior to the October budget negotiations. Obama can make common cause with McCain and other hawks and get a defense spending and social spending increase.

Edit: And it only takes some missle strikes. Obama can even argue 'we couldn't do more because we didn't have the money.'

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
ObamaNobel.jpg
Not Bush, a Democrat, and a Black? HELL YES.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Just saw this too. No need to make a statement about not blowing some shit up. My guess is limited strike today.
My thought too. I'm guessing he's telegraphing to the Syrians because he wants to limit any actual damage. Give everyone time to get into their bomb shelters. Then bombs away. Done, Finished, We can all go home.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"The U.N. inspectors have discovered proof that the chemical attack was made by the rebels themselves so in conjunction with the Syrian government we are bombing the everliving fuck out of them as I speak. On a completely unrelated topic Assad has agreed to allow an oil pipeline to be built through Syria."

Silence_sl

shitlord
My thought too. I'm guessing he's telegraphing to the Syrians because he wants to limit any actual damage. Give everyone time to get into their bomb shelters. Then bombs away. Done, Finished, We can all go home.
I can't wait for the non-stop CNN coverage of the US bombing rubble into more rubble.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
fuck. Not looking good for me...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't really think he'd announce strikes ahead of time anyway. This could just be to ease public perception and news coverage into the plan by outlining what we know about the situation and why its a big deal. Don't presidents usually come on and do a talk sometime after the strikes begin to explain what's going on and why and how it came to be?

vGrade

Potato del Grande
The president seems to be just like the black people at work. Unable to show up on time.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It's a little fucking annoying. I'm going to be late now. 5 minutes I understand, but 30 minutes late? Is Obama taking time out for a little afternoon delight with one of the interns?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I doubt Obama has much control over it. I would never wait for one of these kinds of anouncements, if he announces anything important it'd probably be on npr.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I doubt Obama has much control over it. I would never wait for one of these kinds of anouncements, if he announces anything important it'd probably be on npr.
Sure he has control over it - no dobut he's waiting for the teleprompter to get data uploaded. And you are right, I shouldn't have waited around for this - though who wants to work on a Saturday ;-)