War with Syria

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Tuco, there was a guy living in Syria that did an AMA yesterday. He thinks it was Assad, that's good enough for me. I trust some random dude that lives there over international press and government agencies.
I don't believe one guy doing an AMA is good enough. Also, there was this post on that AMA, backed up with links:

Thanks for the upvotes and to follow up on what I said, I will provide more facts that most of you do not know about what is going on in Syria. Al Nusra was caught trying to smuggle 2kg of sarin gas into Syria from Turkey. This was never reported by the MSM. There were ties to Qatar for the attempt to use this sarin gas. A previous chemical attack was reported by the U.N. to have been caused by the rebels, and again the MSM never reported this.

What most people do not understand is this is not a Sunni vs Shia war. Most of the Sunni in Syria have lived peacefully with christians, jews, and all muslims and continue to support Assad. It just so happens that the foreign fighters in Syria are all Sunni extremists. Saudi Arabia sent over 1000 death row inmates to Syria to fight in exchange for their freedom. This was never reported by the MSM.
The largest factions of the FSA are linked to Al Qaeda. Most of the original FSA supporters that were more civilized have actually been killed or fled Syria and do not see eye to eye with the Al Qaeda linked FSA factions. Many of them were killed by other FSA of different factions.Assad listened to his people soon after the protests started and held an election. He received over 80 percent of the vote and this was never reported. Instead, all we hear about is how Syria would be much better without him and how the people don't want Assad, which isn't true.

Not one rebel was killed in the recent chemical attack, and Assad's troops were actually located nearby to the location, which would be strange if you actually believe Assad was responsible for the attack. Contrary to what you hear in the MSM, Assad did not personally kill all 100,00 of the deceased in Syria. I'm shocked at how idiotic anyone could be to keep a straight face when reporting this, or actually even believing this. So you're telling me, that out of all the dead since this conflict started for both sides, all of them were killed directly by Assad or by his orders? What about the tens of thousands of troops and police who died? What about the citizens that were butchered by the rebels? In reality, only a small fraction of the citizens in that death toll can be linked to the SAA because the FSA fight in populated areas and use human shields so there are civilian casualties from time to time. Also, there are many videos showing that when an FSA fighter gets killed, the other FSA soldiers quickly remove any body armor and weapons to make him appear as a civilian, then go and report it as a civilian casualty.

Many have forgotten the propaganda by CNN and other news networks which showed fake reporting of massacres such as Danny who was interviewed by Anderson Cooper. The video is on youtube and it shows you how a lot of reports are fake and staged. CNN and Anderson Cooper never apologized or acknowledged this, and Danny stopped showing up on CNN shortly after. That, and the Houla massacre turns out to have been conducted by the FSA, contrary to the news reports which claimed the "Shabiha" did it. Nothing from the MSM again. You can actually tell that is true because not once since this discovery has any reporter or analyst talked about the Houla massacre again.
I honestly can be here for days talking about all the lies on Syria and what the truth is. Please if you have any interest in discovering the truth, asking an FSA supporter will get you no where. Go do your own research online. All the facts are there and it's not hard to see what's really happening.

Edit: Including some sources
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ences/1852629/
http://rt.com/news/sarin-gas-turkey-al-nusra-021/
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ern-propaganda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DCZxsrt9I
http://deadlinelive.info/2012/10/05/...igence-report/
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/357288
Finally, there was this post on the worldnews subreddit concerning the /r/news mods banning articles from Russia Today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co...n_banned_from/

Sadly this is not fully true.

The Reddit platform, while ideally democratic, is very easily manipulated. It can be manipulated easily through shill accounts which can be controlled by very few users to generate lots of posts or more often skew the voting on existing posts and comments to manufacture a false consensus. This problem in Reddit is widespread. But there's the other side to manipulation and that can be done through the mods.
Either because it has proven too difficult to cover up or swing popular opinion - or just because it is more effective - corrupt mods can be used to sabotage content or even sabotage the entire subreddit they control. Or they can simply be fascist and want to suppress information for a number of reasons.

Remember, the war for our hearts and our minds has innumerable players. These include most governments and most large corporations. These players will spend ghastly sums of money on PR and media because it is linked to their survival and livelihood. Information has value. If you are the moderator of a large subreddit...how much do you think your position is worth? How much would it be worth to BP to have a mod in r/technology, or Monsanto in r/farming?
Then think about a government trying to stay on the good side of its people while acting against them. How much would you pay for that? Well...there's a US Air Force base with about 9k people in and around it...that somehow manages 100k visits per day. Making it the "most addicted city" to reddit. As far as the the RT site goes, the timing is very odd considering the US and Russia are the most at odds they have been in a long time and much of the international press is claiming the US is manipulating information and media to drum up support for their latest war. Those posts have been popular on r/news and I believe information control the most likely reason for this mods actions.
TL;DR: Trust no one. Everyone wants to win our opinion over and there's too much money and power at stake to be honest about it. That's why my opinion is that we shouldn't do anything.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
"Pressure on Cameron for new vote on Syria strikes
David Cameron is under increasing pressure to return to Parliament for another vote on British military action against Syria "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...a-strikes.html

It seems some people are determined to have their war, but I doubt he'll go back for another vote mainly because if he loses twice he'd have to resign. If it's a matter of his own neck then no amount of chemical warfare is going to budge Cameron.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Random people in Egypt think we did 9/11 ourselves, or that Israel did it.
Random people in america think that too. I had to eliminate several from my facebooks.

I don't think it is clear to anyone without supr sekret clearance who was behind the attacks, if anyone knows. If Kerry's assertions that Syrian forces put on chemical protection gear and the signal intercepts say what he said they do, I think I'd be convinced it was Assad, or a rogue element on his side at least. For what we know for certain right now, it could have been the rebels that did it to draw the US in because they are losing. It could even have AQ involvement.

If that is what happened (and again, I don't know either way) that would mean that we would possibly be entering the conflict on the side of Al Qaeda because they gassed 1400 civilians. That is fucked up beyond fucked up. I'd hope the administration is 100% certain that that is not what happened, but after Iraq (Vietnam...) it's hard to trust the government when they say 'trust us'.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Tuco, there was a guy living in Syria that did an AMA yesterday. He thinks it was Assad, that's good enough for me. I trust some random dude that lives there over international press and government agencies.
I read through the AMA in question, whoever was doing that AMA is a total shill to drum up support for military intervention. Most likely sitting in some comfy air conditioned office in the pentagon.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Random people in america think that too. I had to eliminate several from my facebooks.
Here is some reference.
rrr_img_42289.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't believe one guy doing an AMA is good enough. Also, there was this post on that AMA, backed up with links:

Finally, there was this post on the worldnews subreddit concerning the /r/news mods banning articles from Russia Today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co...n_banned_from/

TL;DR: Trust no one. Everyone wants to win our opinion over and there's too much money and power at stake to be honest about it. That's why my opinion is that we shouldn't do anything.
Thanks for the info.

It's really hard to make sense of any of this without diving into conspiracy theories. I can't think of any events like this where occam's razor points to conspiracy so clearly.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Watch John Kerry React When David Gregory Asks if Sarin Gas Case is 'Slam Dunk'

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
John Kerry IS a waxed animatronic thing. Did you not watch the 2004 elections? The only person stiffer than Kerry is Romney and that's only because Romney wears extremely tight full body underroos.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
On talk show rounds, Kerry denies change of course on Syria

"Do you feel undermined?" moderator David Gregory asked him.

Kerry didn't answer that question directly, but said "there was no decision not to" take action in Syria, but that the president simply decided it would be better to get the nod from Congress first.

"He didn't think it was worthwhile acting and having the Syrians and a whole bunch of other folks looking at the United States, arguing about whether or not it was legitimate or should he have done it or should he have moved faster," Kerry said.

When Gregory asked Kerry if the appearance of a sudden change makes the United States appear indecisive and weak, Kerry responded:

"I hope and pray it will be seen as careful deliberation, as appropriate exercise of American constitutional process."