WarCraft (2016)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Right but as I recall the human campaign is the orcs just randomly raiding and getting killed then the Guldan convinces them to drink and then they actually have a coordinated attack and destroy Stormwind? It's been a long time and I'm not sure there's a way to play WC1 anymore? I'd actually kind of like to replay them all in order, too bad they haven't done a classics release of WC1.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Has blizzard done anything good after WOW?
SC2 was okay, D3 was great when they replaced the lead dev and then finished patching the shit out of it, Hearthstone is one of the most popular and accessible digital CCGs out there, and Overwatch is supposed to be at least as much fun as TF2 so...yes?

Nerdhate for Blizzard issotwo years ago, friend.
smile.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Right but as I recall the human campaign is the orcs just randomly raiding and getting killed then the Guldan convinces them to drink and then they actually have a coordinated attack and destroy Stormwind? It's been a long time and I'm not sure there's a way to play WC1 anymore? I'd actually kind of like to replay them all in order, too bad they haven't done a classics release of WC1.
Yeah the humans successfully defended Stormwind initially then the orcs returned later and won. There's bound to be some emu's of W1 out there somewhere.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
this movie looks like complete shit. thank you blizzard for setting video game movies back to Street Fighter era of shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For you it was the most important boss encounter of this expansion, for me.. it was patch Tuesday.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I bet if they just got the WoW animatics team to make the trailer they'd get WAAAY more hype for the same movie just because they would produce a much better trailer.

I have no idea why they didn't just make the movie internally. From the looks of it, that movie's a bigger clusterfuck than Warcraft Adventures, Starcraft Ghost and Project Titan and prolly isn't much more expensive than those cancelled projects.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Obviously they would've had to expand the team. But I'm sure the idea bounced around quite a bit before someone in a meeting prevailed with the notion that Legendary Pictures and actual Hollywood people would be better at making a two-hour cinematic than the folks who made their own cinematics.

I'm curious why they didn't feed that dude to a woodchipper.

The only reason we're even talking about a movie is because the millions of people who saw this kept telling them they should make a 2-hour version of it:

In fact, they could've totally started with Lich king too, kinda like star wars starting with ep4. You can fuck up the prequels when the subs are down to half a million brazilians.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Obviously they would've had to expand the team. But I'm sure the idea bounced around quite a bit before someone in a meeting prevailed with the notion that Legendary Pictures and actual Hollywood people would be better at making a two-hour cinematic than the folks who made their own cinematics.

I'm curious why they didn't feed that dude to a woodchipper.

The only reason we're even talking about a movie is because the millions of people who saw this kept telling them they should make a 2-hour version of it:

In fact, they could've totally started with Lich king too, kinda like star wars starting with ep4. You can fuck up the prequels when the subs are down to half a million brazilians.
by the time that trailer rolled around, i had already been over and done with WoW for over a year, when i saw that, i was like, welp, time to get my freak on again. i was back on day one of the expansion, played a deathknight and basically had a blast in godmode til the carebears cried so hard over it brought about nerfs which caused me to quit again. its amazing that that trailer from 2008 looks AMAZING compared to the shit they are trying to push in 2015. fuck that shit.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Let's take title bets for what the Rotten Tomatoes score will be

khorum

Murder Apologist
Uhh I thought another company made blizzards cinematics?
Huh? It's always been in-house.

I wasn't sure since I haven't heard anything about it for a while so I checked and yeah it's still the same "VP of cinematics" since like 99 and Furor even talked about their in-house cinematic team on the wow panel.

I THINK there was some noise about the Overwatch trailer being done by Pixar since it looks like it was, well, done by Pixar. But it was the same team.

Maybe they'll make the Overwatch movie in-house if that game sells well. That'll be fucking awesome: