WarCraft (2016)

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Looks pretty terrible, but I will watch it nonetheless. Might not go to theater to watch it but hopefully they will be able to make it better over the course of however many additional movies they do. I think Travis Fimmel isn't that bad of a choice of an actor for the character. I like him in Vikings, though I don't really see him going too far out of his comfort zone in this one.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Huh? It's always been in-house.

I wasn't sure since I haven't heard anything about it for a while so I checked and yeah it's still the same "VP of cinematics" since like 99 and Furor even talked about their in-house cinematic team on the wow panel.

I THINK there was some noise about the Overwatch trailer being done by Pixar since it looks like it was, well, done by Pixar. But it was the same team.

Maybe they'll make the Overwatch movie in-house if that game sells well. That'll be fucking awesome:

Back during HoTS development some company got hacked and a rough version of the final cinematic for it got released? Could of swore I remember something like that happening.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Why the fuck didn't they use the original plot? This looks so bad. I won't see it on principle. I can't even fathom why they went down this milquetoast path. The friendship and understanding bit shouldn't arrive until 2 or 3 sequels later. This movie should just be total war and confusion.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why the fuck didn't they use the original plot? This looks so bad. I won't see it on principal. I can't even fathom why they went down this milquetoast path. The friendship and understanding bit shouldn't arrive until 2 or 3 sequels later. This movie should just be total war and confusion.
It's quintessential Warcraft. The two sides have to work together but kill each other while doing so.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Still the greatest Warcraft cinematic

That one has always been my favorite to. Behind that would be the Illidan cinematic. It's not in the same league visually and doesn't have nearly enough of the disgraced demon hunter in it but it encapsulates and defines him about as well as can be done in 30 seconds.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Ragnar motherfucking Lothbrok. Everything else is shit. Live actors + CGI...yea great idea.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Seriously, they should've just given 100 million to their cinematic team

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, they should've just given 100 million to their cinematic team
While I agree with the sentiment, they couldn't do that and continue to pump out the cinematics for their games. They definitely produce consistently high quality work.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
(as an aside; good thing two different races from two different planets speak exactly the same language, lul)
All the rest of the issues with the trailer aside, this one is a non-starter. This is true of, oh, pretty much every fantasy or sci-fi movie, ever. If this is being raised as a judgement on this one movie, that's complete fail.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
This falls into the "should have been awesome, but prolly meh, will watch when it's free".

Looks like dog shit. Wife is excited.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I dont know why people are crying about the live action cgi hybrid model. Avatar pulled it off pretty well. I know there is a wide sentiment of disdain for Avatar and Cameron but I think the CGI aspect of the movie was incredible given the movie came out like 5 plus years ago.

So if the CGI itself is consistently convincing I dont have a problem with the movie for that reason alone. Now if the plot is awful and the acting is terrible then thats another conversation but it should get a fair shake.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Nah not most. Longest anticipated maybe. How long ago was it they announced they were making it? 5-6 years ago?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I dont know why people are crying about the live action cgi hybrid model. Avatar pulled it off pretty well. I know there is a wide sentiment of disdain for Avatar and Cameron but I think the CGI aspect of the movie was incredible given the movie came out like 5 plus years ago.

So if the CGI itself is consistently convincing I dont have a problem with the movie for that reason alone. Now if the plot is awful and the acting is terrible then thats another conversation but it should get a fair shake.
People are crying about it because it looked like absolute shit in the preview. If they spend the next 6 months or whatever fixing it for Trailer #2 good on them. If it released as it appears it would be crap.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Except the people who are rabid for this movie are the ones defending the CGI, and your average movie goer probably doesn't give a crap either way. So why would they spend the money and effort if your fan boy base us frothing in a good way? Hopefully they do fix things.
When you compare it to Avatar, you have to be careful. The press/public opinion was that it was ground breaking new technology and new style 3D and a big name director. This is a video game movie with a relatively unknown cast and director.
All I'm saying, and take thus with a grain of salt because I'd love it to be good, is that the CGI sets and everything else non human look Star Wars prequel level and the acting feels SyFy level.