WarCraft (2016)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, it looks okay...but it looks like "generic fantasy movie #xyz"

I'll go see it, I'll probably be more entertained seeing things from the games in the movie than I will be with the plots though.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ill see it and it will make gangbusters money. Even if it is not good, and my confusion over the plot says it might not be, ill still have fun picking out easter eggs from playing the games.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
I personally think it looks pretty good and captures the feeling of the games pretty well. While yes the Lich King storyline would have been an awesome movie to make, I feel this is a pretty good starting point for a series of movies if done right.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There's no guarantee this movie will make gangbuster money, in fact it could easily flop. The budget is 100 million not counting advertising.

The director is new and unproven. With only 1 indie movie and 1 B movie credit before Warcraft.

The actors are largely unknowns

The CGI looks bad and the story so far looks bad.

--

Based on the trailer, this movie is banking on eye candy & nostalgia.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Based on the trailer, this movie is banking on eye candy & nostalgia.
Yup, will agree with that.

Story is really nothing like WC1, at all (as an aside; good thing two different races from two different planets speak exactly the same language, lul) and as other have said, the combination of CGI and real is off. One or the other, but this combo just doesn't look like AAA material.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So is that the dude who plays the main character in Vikings as Anduin Lothar? It's kind of difficult to tell who is who in this version.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My favorite part about the trailer was going to IMDB and seeing that Duncan Jones is directing it and having hope because Moon was a great movie. Trailer looked solid, but most of my hope is simply sitting with the director's ability.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Looks okay. They should have just skipped right to a Lich King movie.
I doubt they'll end up being able to turn it into an MCU style franchise and mining it as such but if they're entertaining that notion then they gotta save LK for later. Otherwise they end up having to go the prequel route. The origins of the LK are tied to the orcs.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That looked bad honestly. I think most people in the thread are confused, because it looks good compared to what, I think, everyone was expecting ...But the CGI in Battle of Five armies was far superior and nearly everyone thought it looked stupid and felt ridiculous. This looks 10 times worse, that horse toss was hilarious.