WarCraft (2016)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just seen it. It isn't terrible, just ok. It's nearly a good film, just lacking a little magic from all the performances probably because of all the CGI. I hope they make another. 6/10.

It really surprised me that it follows the HUMAN ending to WC1, the games follow the ORC ending with portal open and Stormwind destroyed. I suppose it allows them to depart from the games?

Also WTF at the magic box in Dalaran, I suppose it's a Naaru in a type of void mode?

I want to know what river runs downstream from Swamp of Sorrows to Hillsbrad Foothills.

Donomito_sl

shitlord
Saw it yesterday, enjoyed seeing my favorite places on the screen. CGI is over the top. Would recommend - critics are faggots. 7.8/10

Troll_sl

shitlord
Was super bored and couldn't sleep.

Horrible fucking movie. Horrible acting. Horrible script. Barely acceptable CGI.

I think Fadaar hit it on the head. Would have been amazing 8 years ago. Now? Not so much.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Horrible fucking movie. Horrible acting. Horrible script. Barely acceptable CGI.

I think Fadaar hit it on the head. Would have been amazing 8 years ago. Now? Not so much.
Good to know your review is based on a clear and well adjusted mind.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

Thank you for that, have tickets to a showing 3 hours from now (at least I didnt pay for them) and now look forward to seeing this..... Should I bring a pillow?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well it was intresting in a way. If you have an IP with so many many storys, novels, games, and lore and come up with this, I am impressed by your ability to fuck anything up.

I dont mind the armor design ,the weapon design nor the somewhat odd special effects here and there but the stunning lack of acting and the feeling of watching about 200 cut-scenes between the 4-5 longer dialogue scenes was incredibad. It was a series of LOOK WE FLY GRYPHON - LOOK NOW WE ARE RIDING - LOOK WE ARE SCOUTING - LOOK WE ARE BURNING A VILLAGE with very little thought behind it all. I was almost expecting a "collect 10 bear asses" in the middle to make some magic stuff or something but lucked out.

Yeah yeah, videogame movie, but that does not HAVE to mean that you cram everything into two hours and call it a day. This would have been more intresting to me as a story following a lowly garrision soldier from first contact with the orcs to the end battle with some short shows of the major characters at critical plot points.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Wow has always been about leveling and questing. Everyone starts at level 1. They should of made the movie about an anonymous adventurer getting caught up in whatever story they wanted to talk about. You know, like the game.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
That would have been great imo. Have the young adventurer singled out during a crisis, and the King walk up to him and give him an heirloom sword. "Here, take this, I see great things in you." As the adventurers face turns from awe to a swell of pride at knowing he is set down a path of glory and adventure. Then the king points to a field in the distance with some pigs and gnolls and says "Now, go kill a few hundred of those and bring me their livers."

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Go collect some pumpkins for me, exactly 10 to be precise. Your King commands it. For the Argent Jihad!

Now that would be a movie! God I would have died laughing from that shit. Damn shame they didn't make a joke like that in there.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Overwatch would have made a fantastic film; they've already proven that. Why the fuck they went with Warcraft is beyond me. And I have been a Warcraft fan since I was 12 (Warcraft 1). I was excited for a Warcraft movie 10 years ago. Now? No thanks. I knew it would suck, the trailer reinforced that, and now, the reviews are coming in. I'll pirate it.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Super Mario Bros was amazing.

rrr_img_135144.jpg

Xeldar

Silver Squire
That would have been great imo. Have the young adventurer singled out during a crisis, and the King walk up to him and give him an heirloom sword. "Here, take this, I see great things in you." As the adventurers face turns from awe to a swell of pride at knowing he is set down a path of glory and adventure. Then the king points to a field in the distance with some pigs and gnolls and says "Now, go kill a few hundred of those and bring me their livers."
Ridley Scott made this movie. It's called Kingdom of Heaven! (watch the Director's Cut!. See Game of Thrones actors in bit parts!). Replace gnolls with saracens!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It's a fucking video game movie. Did anyone expect it to be good?
Not expecting, but hoping.

Considering the IP and the massive moneypile behind it there was a sliver of hope that Blizzard would demand something good to put their brand on? I dunno, I might be too naive. The best way to do this would of course be handing the money pile to the people doing their intro-movies and trailers and ask them to go nuts. An CGI movie would have been better and would have had better effects and acting then this certainly.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Still dont understand why you guys pay to watch bad movies. Its going to be mind numbing, politically correct trash. The noble savage comment was dead on.

Blows my fucking mind, like the SvB movie thread, or maybe SW7? thread, there was a guy that said it was bad, but going back to the theater to watch it again.

I'll bootleg this trash like the rest of the trash that has come out, and if its good, buy it on bluray.