WarCraft (2016)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sorry was Doomhammer killing Blackhand a big lore moment? I know ALOT of lore and reading up on Warcraft 1 years ago (since it's locations are the Human starting area in WoW so I wanted to know coming from Warcraft 3) that fact never really struck a chord with me, and I remember that killing a female ogre princess in the deadmines was a thing though. WHY WASN'T THAT IN THE MOVIE ARRGGGHHHH.

Doomhammer killing Lothar in Warcraft 2 is a big lore moment though, there's an in game statue in Blackrock Mountains and everything.

Szlia

Dude, I am the KING of movies and TV shows. I can recommend the finest movies for you based on genre in the flash of your pan, pal.

Name the genre. I'll rattle off 5 of the best and probably 3 you have not seen.
Challenge accepted!

Genre: Chambara

Bringing the pan out...

zubdub_sl

shitlord
Sorry was Doomhammer killing Blackhand a big lore moment?
aTaGdAR.jpg

Orgrim Presents Head of Blackhand^

In the original source material, it's a huge moment. If Orgrim doesn't discover the Shadow Council during Gul'Dan's coma (which I doubt the cinematic universe will even touch on), and consequently assassinates Blackhand (Blackhand is merely Gul'Dan's puppet), the Horde wouldn't have been usurped by an Orc who somehow put the interests of the Horde before those Clans with strong ties to the Burning Legion (Twilights Hammer/Stormreaver). This in turn sets off the eventual betrayal by those clans to the Horde upon their eve of victory. Orgrim's horde was literally pushing Lordaeron when those 2 clans defected, costing them the war.

But even if you don't believe it's a crucial moment, why drift from the source material when the alternative isn't as good? Why have Lothar do it? I don't believe Lothar doing a ninja slide under Blackhand and winning the 1v1 is better than Doomhammer doing what's best for the interest of the horde and decapitating Blackhand and presenting his head as a trophy, becoming Warchief, and forcing Gul'Dan to submit to him through sheer force and cunning alone. What we get instead, is some hotshot superheroesque Lothar that can apparently kill anyone he wants at any time as long as Metzen and Duncan write it in the script.

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
Enjoyed it, didn't really know much lore going in, although i played wow from vanilla, still very enjoyable movie. Some of the fight scenes looked lazy, like they were purposely reenacting that original wow trailer 10 years ago.

Szlia

aTaGdAR.jpg

Orgrim Presents Head of Blackhand^

In the original source material, it's a huge moment. If Orgrim doesn't discover the Shadow Council during Gul'Dan's coma (which I doubt the cinematic universe will even touch on), and consequently assassinates Blackhand (Blackhand is merely Gul'Dan's puppet), the Horde wouldn't have been usurped by an Orc who somehow put the interests of the Horde before those Clans with strong ties to the Burning Legion (Twilights Hammer/Stormreaver). This in turn sets off the eventual betrayal by those clans to the Horde upon their eve of victory. Orgrim's horde was literally pushing Lordaeron when those 2 clans defected, costing them the war.

But even if you don't believe it's a crucial moment, why drift from the source material when the alternative isn't as good? Why have Lothar do it? I don't believe Lothar doing a ninja slide under Blackhand and winning the 1v1 is better than Doomhammer doing what's best for the interest of the horde and decapitating Blackhand and presenting his head as a trophy, becoming Warchief, and forcing Gul'Dan to submit to him through sheer force and cunning alone. What we get instead, is some hotshot superheroesque Lothar that can apparently kill anyone he wants at any time as long as Metzen and Duncan write it in the script.
I suspect that when you try to pen a movie script and you realize you have Blackhand as a puppet of an invisible Gul'dan and Garona as a puppet of an invisible Gul'dan, you trash it all, because what you want for a classic movie script is characters that you see and characters that are driven by their own motivations, the plot coming from these conflicting motivations. Puppets with a puppet master in the shadows would have probably been worst than what we got.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
.....*sigh*

This was pretty bad. It literally follows no Warcraft lore other than the names.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Dude, I am the KING of movies and TV shows. I can recommend the finest movies for you based on genre in the flash of your pan, pal.

Name the genre. I'll rattle off 5 of the best and probably 3 you have not seen.

Look at the comments already. Some people cannot even get through the thing without turning it off in disgust.

It's just that bad.
All right, let's start it simple.

Level 1: SciFi

Gimme 5 of the best, and if I get 3 haven't seen that I appreciate then I'll give you credit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tempted to go see this just from the typical UT rage(first time I've seen it for a movie). Anything he has gone into "fanatical hatred mode" for, I have enjoyed.

But I am still burned from every other video game > movie. Maybe ill just wait till its on TV.

Column_sl

shitlord
All right, let's start it simple.

Level 1: SciFi

Gimme 5 of the best, and if I get 3 haven't seen that I appreciate then I'll give you credit.
5 of the best is easy mode. Ill give you 5 Sci Fi movies you have never seen, and 3 bonus movies!

Colossus: The Forbin Project

A Boy and his Dog

Dark Star

Silent Running

Never Let Me Go

The Final Countdown

Miracle Mile

Rock and Rule

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tempted to go see this just from the typical UT rage(first time I've seen it for a movie). Anything he has gone into "fanatical hatred mode" for, I have enjoyed.

But I am still burned from every other video game > movie. Maybe ill just wait till its on TV.
He's actually right on with this one. Lot of "WTF is this shit" moments.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I liked it. They definitely took some liberties and changed things (Why is Dalaran flying at this point?) but it was good enough.

I dont think they used the same voice actor for Gul'dan as they do in the games, which is unfortunate. I like the game version better. Wouldn't mind seeing them taking a crack at Starcraft or Diablo or even just continuing this one.

Loco_sl

shitlord
Just saw it with the wife. Not a masterpiece by any means, but way better than expected. I think the Boogie review posted earlier nearly hit the nail on the head.

Garona's Halloween teeth were terrible. Seriously bad. The editing, plot, and characters all were sub-par but I still found it entertaining and enjoyable (as someone with basic understanding of the lore).

Oh, and it was Durotan's tooth that was pulled, not Blackhand's.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You are retarded, it's Warcraft 1. What broke the lore??
Of course I am. From me reading the lore 10 years ago.

Doomhammer in wrong clan.

Wrong color for Orcs. this just got on my nerves.

Garona actually betrays King Llane if I remember correctly. He definately didn't ASK to be killed by her.

They screwed up Khadgar/Medivh. Never once was he Medivh's apprentice in movie. Matter fact they made it seem that Medivh pretty much disliked him.

Arthas laid siege to Dalaran. That can't happen if it's already floating.

Like was said, Lothar doesn't kill Blackhand.

Sargeras corrupted Medivh. Zero mention of this. We are to assume that fel has fucked him up.

Those are off the top of my head.

The big one to me was how they screwed up the whole Doomhammer/Blackhand/Lothar death

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brahma

I think you got this wrong on the Khadgar thing. He was supposed to do Guardian training, which of course would imply he'd be be somehow connected to Medivh for his training. The dislike could easily stem from him abandoning his training (in search for what, exactly? That really should have been explained)

as for Garona, it made a little bit of retard sense that Garona consent-assassinates the king in that fight, but in warcraft 1, they clearly say she assassinated him in stormwind keep, where it definitely was a real murder.
That's the one thing I really dislike about the story. Why would the orcs worship her for basically killstealing Blackhand with a sneaky stab from behind? For a honor-focused perspective, this really was her switching sides again when her old side had lost. That was fucking stupid, lore related or not.

And they probably don't want to reveal yet that it's the Burning Legion behind the fel.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma

I think you got this wrong on the Khadgar thing. He was supposed to do Guardian training, which of course would imply he'd be be somehow connected to Medivh for his training. The dislike could easily stem from him abandoning his training (in search for what, exactly? That really should have been explained)

as for Garona, it made a little bit of retard sense that Garona consent-assassinates the king in that fight, but in warcraft 1, they clearly say she assassinated him in stormwind keep, where it definitely was a real murder.
That's the one thing I really dislike about the story. Why would the orcs worship her for basically killstealing Blackhand with a sneaky stab from behind? For a honor-focused perspective, this really was her switching sides again when her old side had lost. That was fucking stupid, lore related or not.

And they probably don't want to reveal yet that it's the Burning Legion behind the fel.
Gotcha Gotcha.

Still confused on Khadar. Medivh had no idea who Khadar even was in the beginning of the movie. They mentioned him leaving the Kirin Tor, but I didn't recall the guardian training. But I digress if I missed something.

That's what it was! The black council ordered Garona to kill the king. I knew something was way off there. Matter of fact did they even mention the shadow council at all?

Man I REALLY wanted this to be a great movie. So much change and shit missing it was just...bad.

They really just chose the absolute wrong time frame to start these movies from. They really should have done the Arthas arc 1st.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
5 of the best is easy mode. Ill give you 5 Sci Fi movies you have never seen, and 3 bonus movies!

Colossus: The Forbin Project

A Boy and his Dog

Dark Star

Silent Running

Never Let Me Go

The Final Countdown

Miracle Mile

Rock and Rule
I haven't seen those, but would you consider them among the best sci-fi has to offer? I don't wanna waste my time watching mediocre movies just because I've never heard of them.