Warframe

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For example, atterax is a very good crit/combo melee weapon that will shread lvl100+ mobs in a hit or two when you get it rolling but I just don't like it so I simply use something else.
Yeah, I can't see using Atterax unless you have Maiming Strike, and Maiming Strike costs 900+ plat now. I've got one and feel obligated to at least bring Atterax along at all times, but constantly slide attacking gets pretty annoying even with an AHK macro. I'd rather use Galatine Prime, but it's just not as effective even with basically the same mods loaded.

I got a new frame from Twitch, but I thought it was two. Was it maybe the weapon?
Frost Prime is the frame, Soma Prime is a primary, Scindo Prime is a melee, and Vistara Prime is a syandana (like a cloak, purely cosmetic until you're at the absolute end-game).

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I can't see using Atterax unless you have Maiming Strike, and Maiming Strike costs 900+ plat now. I've got one and feel obligated to at least bring Atterax along at all times, but constantly slide attacking gets pretty annoying even with an AHK macro. I'd rather use Galatine Prime, but it's just not as effective even with basically the same mods loaded.

Frost Prime is the frame, Soma Prime is a primary, Scindo Prime is a melee, and Vistara Prime is a syandana (like a cloak, purely cosmetic until you're at the absolute end-game).

Looks like I didn't get the cloak, or I missed where I put it on at.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Loki will let you do whatever you want to do better than any other frame, except maybe Frost in certain situations... but you run the risk of getting bored. ;p
I like Loki a lot and he's my go-to for soloing most sorties, but there's more exceptions than just Frost for excavation, defense, and mobile defense. Zephyr is by far the best frame for PoE. Ember does low/mid-level anything except maybe Spy better than the rest. For focus farming solo, Equinox has no competition. Trinity makes defections super easy and is my first choice always when I'm grouping (unless it's a mission where Frost excels).

Looks like I didn't get the cloak, or I missed where I put it on at.
It's in Arsenal under Frame > Appearance > Syandana.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
I also have some advice or an observation I didn't notice untill recently. Whenever you recieve stuff in mail check if they arent potao'ed (installed orokin reactor/catalyst) before selling them. I got a few wyrm sentinels from "watching" streams and kept selling them since I allready had mine maxed but somehow I figured I better check and indeed it and the weapon it came with were both potao'ed.
I also know you can practice the tests but somehow I pass the practice but choke on the test itself lol
Also go to the warframe website and redeem a code FREESWORD you will get a melee weapon with catalyst installed and a free weapon slot.

Last edited:

Hekotat

I also have some advice or an observation I didn't notice untill recently. Whenever you recieve stuff in mail check if they arent potao'ed (installed orokin reactor/catalyst) before selling them. I got a few wyrm sentinels from "watching" streams and kept selling them since I allready had mine maxed but somehow I figured I better check and indeed it and the weapon it came with were both potao'ed.
I also know you can practice the tests but somehow I pass the practice but choke on the test itself lol
Also go to the warframe website and redeem a code FREESWORD you will get a melee weapon with catalyst installed and a free weapon slot.

I tried using FREESWORD on the website but it told me to try in game.

Vorph

That happens sometimes, but it's easy enough to go the the market in game and redeem codes there instead, and it's always worked for me when the website doesn't. The button is right there when you first open the market on your ship.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I leveled up Trinity last night, along with Mesa. Trinity must shine in content where the mobs don't die instantly, I was using WoL as a CC on heavies and Blessing as a get out of shit power, but I didn't feel her other two powers did much at all in that lvl of content. Now Mesa... man that frame was surprisingly good, just an all around well made frame. I ran a Hijack (corpus) alert with her, just stood on top of the vehicle and used her #4 power to mow anything down, was pretty hilarious.

Vorph

WoL is only useful to create an EV target that won't die, which isn't really a strategy people use anymore. It gives the target a massive hp buff which makes it very difficult to kill. Ultimately though, it's pointless since EV also CC's the target, and killing the EV target immediately releases all the energy that it would give in one burst. Better to do that and just find another target to keep it rolling.

EV is the power people usually want Trinity for, and you should almost always be using the syndicate mod for it as well (Vampire Leech, creates overshields from excess energy). You'll use it constantly while solo too, for CC, energy regen, and overshields. Trinity builds generally skip both Vitality and Redirection and just use Quick Thinking and the huge energy pool from [Primed] Flow for survival instead.

Link is what makes Trinity almost unkillable, assuming you avoid the pure-EV builds that sacrifice duration down to nothing. There are extremely tanky builds for her that use Abating Link mod to make it even stronger.

Blessing is the second thing groups love, again assuming you have duration modded. Makes a great oh-shit button when you're solo too. It also trivializes defections by keeping the npcs alive indefinitely.

And yeah, other than defections I generally only use her solo for really high level stuff.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dammit, can't watch Twitch at work to get free skins/frames/whatever.

Find a person streaming and idle forever at 160p no audio. LoL, was more trouble than it was worth IMHO. you could get SOME cool stuff but mostly I got loads of fireworks

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Hekotat -

We have a clan in WF - Rerolled with about 13ish people from forums. We use a different discord than the normal FOH website one though. The invite link is below;

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

There is usually 4-8 of us in there each night and can give you some advice on the fly.

Hekotat

Hekotat -

We have a clan in WF - Rerolled with about 13ish people from forums. We use a different discord than the normal FOH website one though. The invite link is below;

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

There is usually 4-8 of us in there each night and can give you some advice on the fly.

Awesome, I'll hop on tonight.

I watched some vids on how to break shit down and craft so it's not as confusing but still so much shit to know. I finally got to venus and started crafting my first secondary weapon, then I did my rank 1 mastery which I roasted with that prime weapon.

sukik

Thanks for whoever recommended the quanta, good damage and efficient. Will probably sink some forma into it since I'm not high enough MR to use some of the other suggestions.

Vorph

I should have enough forma BPs to last almost to February by the time 11/2 rolls around.

• 1Solidarity

sukik

Yea, look for the ones that are achievement farming. You get something everytime the streamer gets an achievement and periodically over time. It'll be 95% junk like fireworks. The rare items are a Frost skin, smoke color palette, vectis prime, and wurm(with potato). Semi-rare are forma BP's, orokin cells, neurodes and niatin.

• 1Like