Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I agree but I'm still having a blast. First game in a long while I've picked up at launch.

Yaw, we are doing the good works.

See if we can get some squads going for knocking out achieves.

Here's a link for the quick throw away we made for finding each other to voice chat, we are in there nightly:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
**Breaking**
Supposedly there is a bug right now that if you have % increase to your toughness curios, you will be eating more damage.
"Toughness is bugged to shit RN and if you have above 100 all melee damage just hits you directly no matter the toughness you have "

is what a friend told me

also the shop system is fucking terrible and i goddamn hate it (unless im missing something). Multiple unlocks I can't try because they won't show up on the vendor.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yaw, we are doing the good works.

See if we can get some squads going for knocking out achieves.

Here's a link for the quick throw away we made for finding each other to voice chat, we are in there nightly:

You need more voice channels in there if you want multiple squids running.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree but I'm still having a blast. First game in a long while I've picked up at launch.
I'm sad I missed a battle bit weekend for it. gorgeous and 40k is my 1st love, but my time in bb probably would have been better spent

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You need more voice channels in there if you want multiple squids running.

I made one more but this isn't going to have tons of people in it or anything, just a common area for some pals to voice chat outside of other cords (where non Darktide player chatter would muck things up)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why the fk are Ogryn so rare? Ive played with one out of like 6 games so far. I agree that matches take entirely too fkn long sometimes.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Man they can fuck right off with those in-game cosmetic prices. What a bunch of crap.

I think Ogryn are rare because people are freaked out by their hitboxes being larger and the shield just doesn't look like fun from a player perspective. Probably great to have on your team but not so fun to play.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was expecting tons of Ogryns so I started with a psyker. Not sure how I feel about being able to stack the same class, although it probably makes for faster queues.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Between the threads fix, raytracing fix and the patch I've had 0 crashes today.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was expecting tons of Ogryns so I started with a psyker. Not sure how I feel about being able to stack the same class, although it probably makes for faster queues.
Yeah queues is a big thing, VT2 launch was horrible if you wanted to play Kerillian, and a bit later Sienna once the shotgun staff stuff started becoming meta. Didn't have too much trouble with the 3 others but this not having set characters kinda fixes the problem so it's pretty nice.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ran into Sgt. Slaughter today!

image_2022-12-01_204536067.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why the fk are Ogryn so rare? Ive played with one out of like 6 games so far. I agree that matches take entirely too fkn long sometimes.

Because their weapons are crap and they don't get any of the iconic 40k stuff - power swords, flamers, lasguns, bolters, chainswords etc.

Ogryns have 5 different bowie knives and a fucking latrine shovel

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Because their weapons are crap and they don't get any of the iconic 40k stuff - power swords, flamers, lasguns, bolters, chainswords etc.

Ogryns have 5 different bowie knives and a fucking latrine shovel
Disagree! Grenade launcher is the tits and their shovel is best melee weapon in the game. Shovel just doesn't have good cleave but will still knock down the horde and decimate elites armor or no.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
How is the heavy stubber they get not an iconic 40k wep

• 1Like

Caliane

more bitching. the Penance system.
I'll never understand why devs do dumb shit like this. Its a co-op game. Why the fuck are so many penances anti-team play? "solo a monstrosity on heresy difficulty or higher with only brain blast. no one else can do any damage to it" Half the challenges require you to ask your team to fuck around, and let you line up a shot, or do some dumb shit, to achieve.

Hekotat

Psyker is hard as fuck compared to Vet, but that void staff is really good fun firing the secondary attack down corridors. It goes through all enemies until it hits a wall or piece of the environment, you can really mop up with that thing.

Caliane

Thoughts on the Psyker. is ok. (i'm rank 13)
Perks seem like garbage. none really seem very game changing. Almost incoherent any good playstyle.

biggest value for psyker seems like just the fact they free up ammo. haha. 10% damage buff. and dont use ammo with staff, and don't use grenades. I mean, that really is a pretty solid buff for the others.

they need to juggle 3 weapons. which can be rough. With brainblast, being the swap for grenades, and essentially being a 3rd weapon. Brainblast I find to be eehhhhhhhhh. slow cast. High damage at low difficulties. but, doesn't scale. so fails to one shot from what I understand in higher difficulties. which would really make it shit. Slow cast. it does have some interesting target mechanics. left click lock on. infinite range. So you can tag a target at any range, and hold target even if it or you goes behind cover. right click lets you charge it, and instantly release. minor use for dogs, boomers, trappers. but, generates peril while holding. bleh.

I've not really enjoyed any of the staves yet. left click bolt is a slow projectile. middling damage. but too slow for long range attacks. it has little use. The right click charge attacks is their real use. trauma is a ground aoe explosion, which is shit. shock is a chain lightning. weak damage. people on reddit seem to like it for stagger. Personally, Im not feeling it. Rather just melee the hordes, instead of tempting death with the lightning, and its poor damage. we'll see with more perks, better gear.. I got a void staff, which I hear is a charged linear bolt. which I think might be better. I hear its higher damgae. But, dont have the rank to actually use it yet. have not gotten the flame staff yet. That also gets recommendations. but so far, don't love the staves, only don't use guns, due to the ammo thing.

Force sword. What else even is there? Got a Force sword, and have not even looked at the other melee weapons. this thing is the tits. its cleaving is not high teir. but does ok. its force shield block is great. strong aoe push. I think it blocks ranged shots too. Right click special attack. Murder machine. light attack and heavy attack do seem to do the same damage with it. so just use a light attack with it. Massive single hit damage attack. Just murders armor, mutants, bosses.

Force push F. pretty solid too. Ogryn can push deamons off ledges. I don't know if this can. I don't think I've seen it work on knocking deamons back.

Juggle the 3 weapons, and juggle peril.
The mechanics for killing yourself with peril is actually a bit subtle. can be cheesed with practice. only die on offense attack at 100%. force shield at 100% does not kill you. force push with force sword at 100% does not kill you. if brainburst was STARTED at sub 97%, it will not kill you at 100%. 99% for force sword stab.
so, an incredibly frantic juggling of 99% in the middle of combat can be done.. good luck. haha.

• 1Like