Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Starting charging brain burst little bit after you hear the dog/mutant coming with right click I think. Then it's fully cooked when dog/mutant comes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope Space Marine 2 is better than this.

I also hope that this game gets a lot of content updates to polish it into the diamond it is clearly capable of being.

I hope both are a huge success.

For the Emperor!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm familiar with them from Gaunt's Ghosts but they still aren't firing solid rounds. There is no need to clear a jam or move a fresh round into the chamber after reloading.

Speaking of which, my psyker is named Soric and I saw a veteran yesterday named Criid.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I got a flame thrower, but something is clearly wrong. Holding down LMB just fires off 1 puff of flame, pressing RMB appears to switch something on the gun, but it still only fires 1 puff of fire. Other autoguns work fine.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
So I got a flame thrower, but something is clearly wrong. Holding down LMB just fires off 1 puff of flame, pressing RMB appears to switch something on the gun, but it still only fires 1 puff of fire. Other autoguns work fine.
Hold RMB to put it in flamer mode, then press LMB to fire (while continuing to hold down RMB)

Caliane

Checking zealot personalities.

we have the Fanatic. Female is scottish accent. I had to check, I don't think its Kerillians VA. I thought it might be, but shes listed as "traitor captain" in darktide. Alix Wilton Regan - IMDb oh, went and found it. Sophie Wilkinson - IMDb sophie WIlkinson is credited for fanatic.
Pretty sure the Fanatic is the "Blood for the Emperor, Skulls for the golden throne" one. Fanatic might be the funniest I think. They are going to say the most ridiculous stuff.
Male is also scottish.

The agitator. female version is a pompous posh accent. I'm not even sure I've heard this one in the wild.
Male agitator sounds fairly unhinged. interesting how they took the same words, and took it into very different directions.

The Judge. Female version is heavy on EMPHAAAA SISS. I think I've heard male judges. Judge is going to be nice and righteous.
male judge is the gruff sounding one. def heard a bunch of these.

Psyker

Savant -female is french accent. was a veteran officer. male is black french. much lighter french accent. more like French american.

Seer -seer has a low class British accent. older. "my beloved". psyker keeps mentioning my beloved? its a seer.
male seer posher British. light though.

Loner -female loner is a bad Russian accent. backstory is they were a rogue. working for smugglers, bounty hunters, gangs, hitmen, etc.
male accent is bad German? ze mire!

I do wish it listed personalities, so you could ID which was talking to get a better grasp of the character. and not conflate them. like Savant and Seer Psykers are like directly opposite personalities.

Caliane

what do you guys think on my Pysker?

+1 wounds, +2% max health, or +2 stam, +2% exp? (also have +1 wounds, +1% combat ability regen.)

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm familiar with them from Gaunt's Ghosts but they still aren't firing solid rounds. There is no need to clear a jam or move a fresh round into the chamber after reloading.

Speaking of which, my psyker is named Soric and I saw a veteran yesterday named Criid.

It's game developers not having a clue and reusing assets.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
we on here

what do you guys think on my Pysker?

+1 wounds, +2% max health, or +2 stam, +2% exp? (also have +1 wounds, +1% combat ability regen.)

xp if u havent hit max yet, tack on a wound in one and % hp in the other

you can test em and see your hp/toughness in mission too

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
yfDInC2iLF.png

More wounds means more times you can be downed, if you get down to one remaining wound (Infected, the purple color) you will die instantly if downed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, can't connect to the game at the moment; Error 4008 over and over.

Hah, had no idea what the Wounds stat was, thanks.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hm, can't connect to the game at the moment; Error 4008 over and over.

Hah, had no idea what the Wounds stat was, thanks.

I had that same issue and I think it was due to full lobbies, it eventually started working after a few minutes.

Caliane

yeah. wounds are how many times you can be downed. when downed. one bar gets corrupted, and turns purple. medi stations can heal it. medipacks do not.

you have 3 wounds default in tier 1,2, and 3.
you have 2 wounds default in t4 and 5.

+wounds does not give more health, or protect from grimoire/monster corruption. corruption resist for the later, and +health for the former.

so +wounds might be useful in t1, and 2, as you are new. not very useful in t3 and 4. useful again in t5.
Things like +stam or health to not die in the first place is more useful.

Stam is for sprinting, and BLOCKING. pushing on a block specifically drains 1 bar.

Unrelated, I got the flame staff, and void staff. Void does seem solid for damage, particularly hordes... however, I admit, I've come around on the Surge/lit staff. the damage is low, but yeah, the lightning does stagger/interrupt most everything. Mutants mid charge, reapers, etc. you stop getting the kills, but can lock down things for others to kill.
some people swear by flame staff. but its damage and range is even less then lightnings.. very suspect on that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah i guess on higher difficulties once head popping becomes semi-useless psyker just turns into a CC machine

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having a much easier time as ogryn. Started as veteran and died TONS!
Idk about later levels but shove, dodge and animation stop with blocking makes the low levels trivial. Its the fucking dogs, nets, etc. that fuck me over in PUGs.