Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this game is just far superior when playing with friends, just running pug groups on any difficulty leads to burn out far quicker.

I installed it the other night to see what had changed, but once I was in-game I realized I never played enough to really know what had changed for the better. My Zealot is still only 29, lol. I will say... that Commisar outfit for the Vet is top tier.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The loot/itemization problem is the exact same thing that is crippling D4 currently. They tried to build a super RNG system of acquisition similar to ARPGs, but forgot the vital aspect of ARPGs where things that drop are useful to *someone*, even if it's not you or your current character.

That kind of system in a game with no trade economy, and especially no kind of personal stash for rolling alts with, just leads to pure frustration where you want to do XYZ but have no mechanism to actually be able to do that.

And now we're at a point with Darktide where they've realized how shit the system is (or seem to have anyway?), but rather than changing the system or reworking it they just mortared over entirely by using the same stupid affix locking/transfering mechanism from D4. So now you've got the worst of all worlds, where items that drop are just meaningless +gearscore with a couple fungible bits of affix swapping here or there. Why is any of it even randomized anymore and why isn't just a regular loadout system?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You must be new here

I play the game because it's fun, the encounters are fun and the combat is fun. I feel like people are going into this with the mindset of chasing gear rather than fun. But you do you I guess.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I play the game because it's fun, the encounters are fun and the combat is fun. I feel like people are going into this with the mindset of chasing gear rather than fun. But you do you I guess.

Yeah, this isn't a game where your are required to have the best loot, skills etc. 90% of the game is levels, your skill, and staying in coherency range. This is why PUG's suck so bad, because usually two of the three I listed are a problem. People staying together being the biggest issue.

Gear does matter and does come into play when people try to lets say play a Damnation+ who zero wounds. The game whittles you down and you are at half health because you have two wound bars. No matter how good you are you will lose through attrition.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Having a grand time trying the new stuff (lots of new stuff) and trying to work on one of those end game challenges for 100 t4+ wins. That's a lot of gaming to go with 42 wins left on this class.

I miss the random dank red items with particle effects from Vermintide.

Hekotat

I think this game is just far superior when playing with friends, just running pug groups on any difficulty leads to burn out far quicker.

I installed it the other night to see what had changed, but once I was in-game I realized I never played enough to really know what had changed for the better. My Zealot is still only 29, lol. I will say... that Commisar outfit for the Vet is top tier.
You also have all the new Xbox players to contend with as well whom have never played before.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Enjoy some Ogryn Auric Damanation @4k!

Taunt and the nuke...

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Fired this up again. Definitely much improved! Feels a lot better in general, and the talent trees are nice.

It’s not Vermintide 2 yet but I like it.

Started a Psyker, assail is certainly OP at low levels / low difficulty (not sure how it fares at higher difficulty.)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Fired this up again. Definitely much improved! Feels a lot better in general, and the talent trees are nice.

It’s not Vermintide 2 yet but I like it.

Started a Psyker, assail is certainly OP at low levels / low difficulty (not sure how it fares at higher difficulty.)

Vermintide 2 has the Sienna necro thing coming October 14

I'll be playing a little of both of these

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Doing about 7 missions a night. With 23 to go, I think I'll be finishing the Psyker after Lords of Fallen.

Game's def good now. Try all the new shit and rebalanced weapons.

Hekotat

Stubber hip fire on a speed zealot with a heavy sword is so much fun.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Shame there isn't a control the monsters mode like Left for Dead 1/2 in any of these. Great progress otherwise.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You can NEVER get a decent PUG player I swear...

AAAA.jpg

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Someone tell me what I should do with my zealot that I haven't played since the second week after launch. What build and items should I go for?

Hekotat

Someone tell me what I should do with my zealot that I haven't played since the second week after launch. What build and items should I go for?

Well what are your weapon preferences and what role do you like to fill? I personally like Horde clear and Elite killer (Minus Carapace armored enemies), this seems to be the most effective build for the class but that's the playstyle I like. I'm personally loving the speed/crit/knife build.

Weapons
MK IX Heavy Sword
MK V Combat Axe
Catachan MK IV Sword

Ranged
MK IIa Stub Revolver
MK III Shredder Autopistol

Heavy sword just fucks up everything with the right Blessings. Worthless for Carapace.
BLESSINGS: Rampage and Headtaker

Combat Axe will destroy most elites with a few heavy overhead swings including Carapace (Note that mutants/Ragers take more damage with regular attacks).
BLESSINGS: Thrust and Shred

Catachan sword is a crit machine now with the buffs and I can get back my ult almost instantly in hordes. Worthless for Carapace.
BLESSINGS: Wrath and Shred

Stub Revolver is so much fun. Great for sniping and hip fire killing elites and staggers just about everything.

Shredder just shreds but takes a lot of ammo sometimes.

Perks are dealers choice and I'm still experimenting but that build is a ton of fun with stub and knifes killing most things at range if you can land your hipfire knife/ hipfire revolver shot.

I've played a few other builds but so far everything is valid for the most part, just play what is fun for you. Everything feels good now on just about every class. Kit up and go into the Meat Grinder and test out builds/options/weapons before jumping in.

As for Perks + damage on Flak/Maniacs is solid or + Crit Chance to recharge your ult really fast if using the build linked below.

vivaldi_A7TK0So83q.png

EDIT: Clarifications, spelling mistakes, Grammar more information added.

Last edited:
  • 1Like