Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Caliane

lol maybe next time instead of talking about the crazy thing I just saw in one of his videos I should just link it myself
I was kindof wondering if you had just randomly come up with it, or had been referring to his vid... did seem like too much of a coincidence.

He does have some great wrath of the righteous builds. generally someone types out the build choices in comments, for easy access. do keep an eye on post date. older vids may have had patches since the vid was made, breaking the build, if you ever get around to that.

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
My first playthrough is now stuck on an un-fixable bug…

after you finish the arena fight, Ulfar picks a fight with everyone in the next room… only the room has spawned duplicates of all your party members, and when it gets to their turn, they just stand there and you can’t skip/move the combat forward

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Save early and often is the motto for any Owlcat game. Basically treat it like you would a Bethesda game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Save early and often is the motto for any Owlcat game. Basically treat it like you would a Bethesda game.
That's with a save from the zone before

The solution I found, in case anyone else gets stuck there, is to kill those neutral chars before they get a turn. Its dicey pending your initiative, but it meant I got through.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It really is quite nice to get deep into the weeds of 40k via CRPG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am not looking at these builds. But going through the character abilities after you mentioned Cassia being OP. It doesn't take too much thought to see why. So many of them just passively do tons of shit to the battlefield.

Eye of Oblivion debuffing all enemies with her mere presence is straight lol. So if you take that and get a weapon proficiency on Argenta it pretty much means she will never miss. My main character is a fighter and seems straightforward enough. I have him with a chainsword and Melta weapon proficiency.

I would have preferred that I could get rid of his pope hat from the origin but whatever.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You can toggle hat visibility in the inventory menu, iirc. Argentia is a powerhouse, but mostly due to the fact that she comes stock with a bunch of proficiencies that other characters have to burn choices on due to her being a Sister of Battle (Power Armor being the major one since she lacks the STR to have the ability otherwise). The Inquisitor guy is the same way and comes stock with a Force Weapon, which makes him along with Argentia the best melee and utility characters for a long ass time. Im dinking around with the pirate bitch Jae, but so far she is underwhelming because it sure seems like you need one of three things to be good in a fight in this game: Psychic Powers, Strong Rifle, or a Thunder Hammer level melee attack. The Navigator powers are in a whole other class by themselves, though, especially once you get the staff that eliminates cooldowns and makes the second casting even stronger. The fact that she can AE half the battlefield out of existence, with the survivors likely being CCed, and all it costs is some potential warp stirring makes her hands down the strongest character in the game at every point.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Using AND misspelling Xeno weapons makes you a double heretic.
Fucking auto correct…

it is weird that is you have a xeno weapon skill you can’t use imperium weapons. Makes experimenting annoying because you have to rebuy all the other talents as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not being able to use Medikits until you put a skillup into Medicae is some bullshit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not being able to use Medikits until you put a skillup into Medicae is some bullshit.
You think peasants without the blessing of the machine spirit can successfully operate an autobandaid? HERESY

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If this game has a decent ending it will go down as some of the best writing ever. So good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
If this game has a decent ending it will go down as some of the best writing ever. So good.
No shit? Damn it now I might move it up in my que before Cyberpunk. Do you really think it's that good?

Don't spoil anything if you don't mind but I'm curious to hear why it's so good.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No shit? Damn it now I might move it up in my que before Cyberpunk. Do you really think it's that good?

Don't spoil anything if you don't mind but I'm curious to hear why it's so good.
It just captures 40K so well, and decisions are always interesting. One time I thought a small comment in passing was just me being snarky but turned out to have severe consequences. The politics...the intrigue, the mass murder for the imperium, spot on. 100% going to start this game again when I beat it to see what heretical play through gets me, should be insane.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cassia put down 90% of these dudes, they just kept sending them in...
20231216135250_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know nothing about this game . So nothing about Allie/party members. Can someone suggest a class for my first playthrough? Is one of the premades worth it?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I know nothing about this game . So nothing about Allie/party members. Can someone suggest a class for my first playthrough? Is one of the premades worth it?
Yes they are all good, and respecs are free so don't be shy. For max lore and rogue trader stuff I suggest Officer or Operative.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Starting this tonight, the urge to start with a melee heretic and go blood for the blood god is high, but I assume is just worse than playing the ranged options on first playthrough when you don't know what bullshit enemies can do yet

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It just captures 40K so well, and decisions are always interesting. One time I thought a small comment in passing was just me being snarky but turned out to have severe consequences. The politics...the intrigue, the mass murder for the imperium, spot on. 100% going to start this game again when I beat it to see what heretical play through gets me, should be insane.
Goddamn, that sounds fantastic.