Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know nothing about this game . So nothing about Allie/party members. Can someone suggest a class for my first playthrough? Is one of the premades worth it?
Starting this tonight, the urge to start with a melee heretic and go blood for the blood god is high, but I assume is just worse than playing the ranged options on first playthrough when you don't know what bullshit enemies can do yet
As long as you have at least one officer in your party (it doesnt have to be your MC) and dont go out of your way to create non-functional builds you will be fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
As long as you have at least one officer in your party (it doesnt have to be your MC) and dont go out of your way to create non-functional builds you will be fine.
I rolled a noble officer. Going all in on this controlling others crap I guess.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay so Imma go with Argenta as MVP. You need Cassia or another Officer to really make her shine though. At like lvl 10 once you have a 2 kill Revel in Slaughter to refresh Run and Gun she can take out like 4-5 enemies per turn.

Cassia is completely batshit insane. She asked why I hadn't removed all the peasants vocal cords on the ship because she finds it a bit noisy. She gave me shit about it because a civilized house would have done this. I of course thought that was awesome and immediately started removing vocal cords. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

The tech priest is kind of a cool character but there isn't much cool tech priest shit as far as I can tell. He's an operative just like Idira, and Idira's psyker powers make her much better overall.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The tech priest is my Swiss Army knife and his machine spirit buff lowers recoil on all ally’s so that alone makes him worth the slot. argenta with a precise bolter and lower recoil…

I gave Henrix a shredder pistol and fucker doesn’t miss for like 80+ dmg a burst on top of his power sword swings.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
First time hearing Cassia: "She sounds like an anime waifu"
First set of dialogue options when you are alone with her: 1) Simp 2) Wanna bump uglies?

Had a solid laugh but couldn't bring myself to pick either

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
50 hours in, not sure if minor or major spoilers
Got the ships AI talking...I love 40K and how they have lost way more old powerful technology then they can imagine so when they run into "dark age tech" they call it Heresy. From a meta games stand point I have no idea if allowing this thing to stay on my ship will bite me but we going to see what happens.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got the ships AI talking...I love 40K and how they have lost way more old powerful technology then they can imagine so when they run into "dark age tech" they call it Heresy. From a meta games stand point I have no idea if allowing this thing to stay on my ship will bite me but we going to see what happens.
It's not just 'omg thats dark age tech, its heretical', it's specifically any form of thinking machine. That's why they use servitors in the first place, not because they lost the ability to create robots but because if it has a human mind at the core its safe. Although I'm sure robot creation is also lostech now too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

an actual A.I? or machine spirit, etc? 40k follows the Dune rules of A.I.. super illegal. They all turned genocidal, so humanity had to ban them, and rely on Humanity first. hence, servitors, navigators etc, instead of relying on A.I. its not just, oh no, scary thing we don't understand. its, these things all tried to kill us, so any A.I. use is banned. one of the first major wars of the Imperium was against another human empire that relied on A.I. heavily as well. cyborgs, and trans-humanists.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
an actual A.I? or machine spirit, etc? 40k follows the Dune rules of A.I.. super illegal. They all turned genocidal, so humanity had to ban them, and rely on Humanity first. hence, servitors, navigators etc, instead of relying on A.I. its not just, oh no, scary thing we don't understand. its, these things all tried to kill us, so any A.I. use is banned. one of the first major wars of the Imperium was against another human empire that relied on A.I. heavily as well. cyborgs, and trans-humanists.
The techpriest called it a machine spirit but I am 90% sure it is AI because last I checked machine spirits don't speak low gothic or directly at all to its users.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hope they expand on that with the Votann in the main lore, since the core colonies missed out on the purge

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure officer is probably really good later on but I felt super weak at the start. So I restarted as the premade crime lord operative. Feels a lot better.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I don't know wtf I'm doing. I don't really know a lot about warhammer 40K, for some reason I thought there were orcs? Anyhow I like Owlcat games so I bought this. For not knowing wtf is going on I am having a lot of fun. The story is crazy.

Btw is there somewhere to go that shows what the officer/operative etc powers do /how to use? The pop-ups and the tutorial that is part of the game are not much help to my dumb ass.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm sure officer is probably really good later on but I felt super weak at the start. So I restarted as the premade crime lord operative. Feels a lot better.
The strength of the officer is extremely powerful party buffs but any companion officer is fine. Making your MC an officer is kinda like choosing to make your MC a skald or brown-fur transmuter in WotR.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Hello I'd like to inquire about any thinking machines you may have for sale

Lion-ElJonson-2.jpg

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My Lord Captain is a pyro psyker with the ancient force sword from a rando-planrt encounter and he just annihilates shit. Use the first round (or officer +turn) to set himself on fire and then lock the fire on and then just runs around doing ludicrous damage to whole swaths of bad guys while parry/dodging everything.

I feel like I'm not using the Tech Priest to his full capabilities as I stumble a bit with all the zone placement and such. I use the Inquisitor-bro as a cleric/heal bot.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't know wtf I'm doing. I don't really know a lot about warhammer 40K, for some reason I thought there were orcs? Anyhow I like Owlcat games so I bought this. For not knowing wtf is going on I am having a lot of fun. The story is crazy.

Btw is there somewhere to go that shows what the officer/operative etc powers do /how to use? The pop-ups and the tutorial that is part of the game are not much help to my dumb ass.
There are Orcs in 40k. Depends on which story they are telling but for me Orcs are comedy relief and literally everything else is more interesting.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is this worth full price? On a scale of "40K license cash grab" to BG3, where does it stand?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is this worth full price? On a scale of "40K license cash grab" to BG3, where does it stand?
So far IMO its better than Wrath of Righteous. But Im only in the first acts. If you like owlcat games, then you will like this. Atmosphere is 40K and story and writing so far is top notch.

• 1Like