Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I mean opinions, right? But I had way more fun in the beginning days of Diablo 4 than Starfield.
I'll give you that. I played the game with a handful of my friends leveling up a necromancer and the campaign and just running through everything with them was enjoyable, but then once you got into the nightmare level or whatever the hell, it just sucked. The itemization was retarded and I think I spent more time in that game culling through items more than anything else.

I think there's a great core game there kind of like Starfield, but I guess we'll see if they can do anything with it. I haven't checked out the seasons because what's the fucking point. Nothing transfers over, and I'm not one of those people that want to just have to level up a new character every goddamn time. I don't know I never played path of exile or any of the Diablo 3 seasons. Baby I'm more of a Grim Dawn guy. I am extremely excited about the expansion for that. Those guys need the score and I'm sure it's going to be great especially after the last patch they put out.

Do I want both of these games to be fun, absolutely and I think they both have the potential to be so. Just comes down to how much fun you get out of it for your time invested, and unfortunately we've all become a hell of a lot more jaded because the market is flooded with so much shit. At the end of the day, it's a fucking video game, not a truck, a firearm, a tool, a fishing rod, etc.

To each their own. Starfield is still fun, I may be 2/3 of the way through my second playthrough...😉

Talk to text

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who on YouTube is the go to guy for solid builds etc?
crpg bro and mortismal gaming should both be pretty safe, although it's hard to go wrong with Rogue Trader's system as long as you read and have common sense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game just went down to a 9/10... HATE it when they strip all your characters for whatever reason leaving you to puzzle out who had what only a few hours later. Shit infuriated me when FF7 did it with materia and it never got better, spent almost an hour getting everyone set back up.

Second this. I _really_ hate the trope of "Oh noz! You are teh captured and all your stuff is gone!" that seems to be in nearly every one of these fucking games for the last decade (notable exception being BG3), but having to regear your guys in their mess of a UI is just rubbing salt in that wound. Plus that whole section you are turbo fucked if your main is not some sort of offensive psyker, or chose to specialize in pistols for some godforsaken reason, because the first fight you get is three Kabal Warriors with nothing but a crappy beginner pistol. Luckily, my main is a stacked psycher with pyro and telepathy powers that bypass their insane dodging and I was able to smoke them. If I were a mele or gun guy, I would have been pissed.

Once you advance that far enough to get your gear back, its not so bad, but its an annoying slog up to that point with none of the exploration elements that made the game fun up til that point. I hate this kind of thing because its overdone and it makes the entire game screetch to a halt while you do nothing but slog through the bullshit of inflated difficulty from having rocks and sticks when the enemy has exotic alien weapons. Plus it does not help that having to refer to Eldar and Dark Eldar as the new word salad copyrighted GW new names annoys me, especially since I know its that way simply so they can sue people over their shit again.

Game is still good, but Chapter 3 is definately a low point. Make sure your main guy can use psychic attacks or at least equip Dark Eldar gear before you get there. You will thank me later for that advice.

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Second this. I _really_ hate the trope of "Oh noz! You are teh captured and all your stuff is gone!" that seems to be in nearly every one of these fucking games for the last decade (notable exception being BG3), but having to regear your guys in their mess of a UI is just rubbing salt in that wound. Plus that whole section you are turbo fucked if your main is not some sort of offensive psyker, or chose to specialize in pistols for some godforsaken reason, because the first fight you get is three Kabal Warriors with nothing but a crappy beginner pistol. Luckily, my main is a stacked psycher with pyro and telepathy powers that bypass their insane dodging and I was able to smoke them. If I were a mele or gun guy, I would have been pissed.

Once you advance that far enough to get your gear back, its not so bad, but its an annoying slog up to that point with none of the exploration elements that made the game fun up til that point. I hate this kind of thing because its overdone and it makes the entire game screetch to a halt while you do nothing but slog through the bullshit of inflated difficulty from having rocks and sticks when the enemy has exotic alien weapons. Plus it does not help that having to refer to Eldar and Dark Eldar as the new word salad copyrighted GW new names annoys me, especially since I know its that way simply so they can sue people over their shit again.

Game is still good, but Chapter 3 is definately a low point. Make sure your main guy can use psychic attacks or at least equip Dark Eldar gear before you get there. You will thank me later for that advice.
I agree with the point re gear, but those 3 Drukhari at the start can be skipped via what seems like an unfailable athletics check just beneath them, and you can still get the loot on the jet bike by waiting for them to path away from it and grabbing it when no-one is close.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its failable and adds an extra wound to your already gimped character when you do. Was easier for me to just smoke them with molten beam and dodging. The telepathy attacks work good too, since the Dark Eldar lack any psychers and defenses of their own. I mean I can see why they snag the navigator from you for that section, because her AE just levels entire fights by itself. But anything psychic gives you a major leg up on Dark Eldar, even before the whole capture bullshit. Original point still remains, though. You need to be one of a couple specific setups to have a chance in that section especially with the couple small fights that follow.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finished the game tonight. The final fight was not nearly as tough as I was expecting it to be, but I also had gotten to the point where my Space Marine was just obliterating things at a ludicrous rate owing to multiple interlocking 'bonus turn' abilities. There are definitely some bugs in Act 4 and Act 5, but those were never beta tested at all and it shows. I ended up being Iconoclast but also walking a strange line between doctrine and outright heresy, so it would be cool to go back and do an ideologically pure run. The end state of the 'Expanse' in my game was not the best by any means...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda surprised they did a small measured nerf to Cassia instead of utterly wrecking her with a nerf bat. The ability where enemies take damage after she force moves them was changed to no longer be warp damage, which means it will no longer be enhanced by her warp damage boosting passive.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Welp, fuck Owl Cat. Completed the Dark Eldar section and Chapter Four simply will not start for me. So nowhere to go and nothing to do until this gets fixed. And since I am on console my only options would be to restart the entire game or from the beginning of Chapter 3. I have hit a version of this bug with every single one of their fucking games and this one they have known about since beta. If they dont fix this in a way that lets me continue with my present save, then they can fuck off from now on. Decent game completely ruined by a game wrecking bug that should never have made it into the release version.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have hit a version of this bug with every single one of their fucking games
Not trying to be a dick but why do you keep playing their games right after release? I agree that it really isn't acceptable to continually release games in the state they release them in, but waiting a year or so seems to result in a much smoother, less frustrating experience.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife was out of town for the holidays and I did not feel like playing a 5th run of BG3.....

Short version is BG3 has ruined me for tactical RPGs.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Game just went down to a 9/10... HATE it when they strip all your characters for whatever reason leaving you to puzzle out who had what only a few hours later. Shit infuriated me when FF7 did it with materia and it never got better, spent almost an hour getting everyone set back up.
I just got to this. Thanks to you I at least knew it was coming but really WTF. Who thought this whole area was a good idea/fun? I at least found a good way to fix the space battle parts, another thing that needed cutting / rejigging. Toybox has a cheat to kill all enemies. Works great for space battles that take forever or random trash mobs.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He unironically recommended both Diablo 4 and Starfield in his winter sale highlights video.
I finished both games. Was worth the price. They weren't bad but neither was worth another playthrough. So like average games?

Not every game will be DOS 2 or Witcher 3.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Only in Chapter 2 so I not running into all the bugs I hear plague Ch 4 onward, but fuck, this game is awesome so far. The inheritance quest in Footfall was great.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well I think I'm done bros. Chapter 3 is just a slog and I realize I'm making myself play to get it over not for fun. I don't regret buying but should have waited for a sale.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am finishing this up and I will not be replaying it anytime soon. 40k being brought to life like this has been a real treat though and I appreciate that the game was made. The game has really complicated skills and stuff. At least more complicated than Pathfinder because you level up and have to choose talents and stuff constantly. You can be punished by certain events because you didn't select a specific weapon proficiency as you had no reason to before it happened (Hi Drukhari!). The combat is really good but the game needs tuning so you have to use them. I played at Daring or whatever above normal and I didn't have to use a lot of the skills I had most of the time.

Argenta was my bae and I wished I went dogmatic just because dogmatic is somehow actually more LOL than heretic. Argenta's FOR THE EMPRAH fanatacism is hilarious.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I am finishing this up and I will not be replaying it anytime soon. 40k being brought to life like this has been a real treat though and I appreciate that the game was made. The game has really complicated skills and stuff. At least more complicated than Pathfinder because you level up and have to choose talents and stuff constantly. You can be punished by certain events because you didn't select a specific weapon proficiency as you had no reason to before it happened (Hi Drukhari!). The combat is really good but the game needs tuning so you have to use them. I played at Daring or whatever above normal and I didn't have to use a lot of the skills I had most of the time.

Argenta was my bae and I wished I went dogmatic just because dogmatic is somehow actually more LOL than heretic. Argenta's FOR THE EMPRAH fanatacism is hilarious.
Is it worth picking up right now, or wait for some patches and a sale? I had planned on getting it during Christmas because I figured at least they'd knock off 5 or 10 bucks during the steam sale but that didn't happen.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it worth picking up right now, or wait for some patches and a sale? I had planned on getting it during Christmas because I figured at least they'd knock off 5 or 10 bucks during the steam sale but that didn't happen.
Wait

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user