Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Is it worth picking up right now, or wait for some patches and a sale? I had planned on getting it during Christmas because I figured at least they'd knock off 5 or 10 bucks during the steam sale but that didn't happen.
definitely wait

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it worth picking up right now, or wait for some patches and a sale? I had planned on getting it during Christmas because I figured at least they'd knock off 5 or 10 bucks during the steam sale but that didn't happen.
At least you had a tiny bit of discipline, but do you really need to ask if its better to wait on an Owlcat title?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For me its more of a support and thumbs up to them for making these types of CRPG still with an early purchase so they keep making them. I know im only one dude and it prob does not make any difference whatsoever, but still its the way I feel. I know eventually they will patch it and I will play it 100% as I do most of these CRPG/TRPG games..

I hope with BG3 success more games of this nature start making their way to us. Which im sure they will.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raptor123

Trakanon Raider
Just finished game and really loved it. Felt like i got to see the 40k universe not just bang bang xenos dead. NOT that there is anything wrong with that. And Argenta is a BEAST man I just loved clearing rooms with her.

BUT

I dont think even with a shard and the necros sapping its power does a group of humans/xenos/etc take out a C'tan. So was little dissappointed in that being the final boss. I had harder time with the fricking octopus chaos artillery machine then the fricking C'tan

And I LOVED LOVED LOVED the administratum quest where you have to get in line to get the seals certified. THAT was 40k!! LOL

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just finished game and really loved it. Felt like i got to see the 40k universe not just bang bang xenos dead. NOT that there is anything wrong with that. And Argenta is a BEAST man I just loved clearing rooms with her.

BUT

I dont think even with a shard and the necros sapping its power does a group of humans/xenos/etc take out a C'tan. So was little dissappointed in that being the final boss. I had harder time with the fricking octopus chaos artillery machine then the fricking C'tan

And I LOVED LOVED LOVED the administratum quest where you have to get in line to get the seals certified. THAT was 40k!! LOL
Seal quest:

At first I patiently waited at every opportunity in an attempt to drive Jae insane because she annoys me. This was the first quest I encountered that was a little buggy though and the quest log said I still needed the seal after acquiring it (I could even talk to Jae and the quest would complete with a failed marker for acquiring the seal), so I returned to Dargonus. The scene started up again - this time I just opened fire on the crowd and the quest resolved. I figure that made more sense as a Commissar anyway.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished on Normal in about ~80 hours. Mostly used a 4 officer, 2 Sniper, 100% cheese party. Definitely recommend. :emoji_thumbsup:

They nerfed Officer stacking in the last patch but will probably revisit this game on a higher difficulty after an expansion or two.