Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
warhammer_40k_eagles_black_background_1680x1050_wallpaper_Wallpaper_2560x1600_www.wall321.com.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
That Space Marine Sergeant with the chain sword was always the first to die on the tabletop.

But yeah, I get it, he's a hero character. I played the first one, found it unmemorable and never finished. Too set-piecy for me iirc. Dunno. This looks interesting tho.

By the by, on the table I played chaos, my hero version was Kharn the Betrayer. My fav game was when he went berzerk and chopped up some allied gretchin flamethrower vehicle. Good times. I even took a day off painting up that miniature to perfection for his first foray into battle. Reading that back to myself, man I was a fucking nerd.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The biggest problem with the first one is that you frequently got into spots where there was so much incoming damage you had to just chain sync-kills over and over to stay alive, which destroyed their novelty. Second biggest problem was how the ending went completely contrary to the setting, which is more of a nerd nitpick thing than an actual deal-breaker.

Saber Interactive has done a lot of ports and remasters, and they've also done some utter trash like WWE 2K Battlegrounds. World War Z was pretty good though.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The first game was great fun for an 8 or so hour shooter. It had really good 40k atmosphere that, 11 years ago, was pretty unheard of. I never replayed it but I did enjoy burning through it on a Saturday at university.

Tyranids is a nice touch, let us hope its not a Chaos bait and switch like the first game though that was kind of annoying. Gavinmad Gavinmad at least the first one wasn't a Nurglefest like we've experienced the past decade though. SM1 it was Khorne as I recall. Although Nurgle is my favorite.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
SM1 it was Khorne as I recall
I don't really remember, might have just been Chaos Undivided.

One thing I will say is that World War Z makes me think that Saber is capable of doing justice to fighting Tyranids. There was a brief blurb of gameplay at the end that showed Titus wading through an absolute ocean of gaunts and that really looked pretty great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The biggest problem with the first one is that you frequently got into spots where there was so much incoming damage you had to just chain sync-kills over and over to stay alive, which destroyed their novelty. Second biggest problem was how the ending went completely contrary to the setting, which is more of a nerd nitpick thing than an actual deal-breaker.

Saber Interactive has done a lot of ports and remasters, and they've also done some utter trash like WWE 2K Battlegrounds. World War Z was pretty good though.
Thats weird. the lack of sync-kill invincibility made sync kills garbage to me.. Doom perfected what Space marine started. Lets see if they learned from Doom.

Gameswokeshop shitting the bed also is a bit annoying. hard to justify supporting any of the games.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thats weird. the lack of sync-kill invincibility made sync kills garbage to me.. Doom perfected what Space marine started. Lets see if they learned from Doom.

Gameswokeshop shitting the bed also is a bit annoying. hard to justify supporting any of the games.
That and space marine was arguably one of the last great games. Everything else pretty much mediocre at best.

I get the lore hate for primaris, but I love many of the new models across the range in the last 3 years, shame it comes at the cost of them going super hard in the paint woke as you point out. Mix that with lawsuits against fans, their shitty Netflix program where they put all the fan animators they threatened.

If not for that Id have already bought some just for a shelf. Need to make friends with a good 3d printer.

Sludig

It's been so long maybe my wires are a bit crossed.
You are both right. You did still take i think reduced damage but for certain areas it was the most effective way to deal with a big group of tougher enemies without spending a lot of time frantically hiding to regen.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
That and space marine was arguably one of the last great games. Everything else pretty much mediocre at best.

I get the lore hate for primaris, but I love many of the new models across the range in the last 3 years, shame it comes at the cost of them going super hard in the paint woke as you point out. Mix that with lawsuits against fans, their shitty Netflix program where they put all the fan animators they threatened.

If not for that Id have already bought some just for a shelf. Need to make friends with a good 3d printer.
Ha, when I was deep in table top Warhammer in all forms back in the 90s, I had two friends who were actively molding their own figures with various materials. They perfected their craft over a couple of years. Even then GW prices gave the game close to upper class income entry requirements.

Then GW changed the 40k rules (don't remember the year or the version) that literally doubled your figure requirement for the same cost army. I played a single game with the new movement and speed rules and a ridiculous cat and mouse skirmish between a space marine squad and a fucking Carnifex of all things and quit forever after that, no lie or hyperbole. As far as I was concerned that was an execrable move by a horribly greedy company, and GW has gotten progressively WORSE since.

I miss Fantasy more though. I loved the formation/rank unit system.

Gah, that was a total Dear Diary. Yeah, new game, looks interesting, hope it is good!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ha, when I was deep in table top Warhammer in all forms back in the 90s, I had two friends who were actively molding their own figures with various materials. They perfected their craft over a couple of years. Even then GW prices gave the game close to upper class income entry requirements.

Then GW changed the 40k rules (don't remember the year or the version) that literally doubled your figure requirement for the same cost army. I played a single game with the new movement and speed rules and a ridiculous cat and mouse skirmish between a space marine squad and a fucking Carnifex of all things and quit forever after that, no lie or hyperbole. As far as I was concerned that was an execrable move by a horribly greedy company, and GW has gotten progressively WORSE since.

I miss Fantasy more though. I loved the formation/rank unit system.

Gah, that was a total Dear Diary. Yeah, new game, looks interesting, hope it is good!
Heh, Fantasy. I played the Faulty Armors WEs. Height of the day was when my hidden WW would pelt 1 chaos warrior to death. Then we got raped. Good times.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm just waiting for the details on what sort of "woke" garbage this game has. Female squads of Librarians or something. A game with white dudes fucking shit up with gore galore just can't exist in 2021.

• 3Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just waiting for the details on what sort of "woke" garbage this game has. Female squads of Librarians or something. A game with white dudes fucking shit up with gore galore just can't exist in 2021.
Most like the Space Marines being all white males, but continually making costly mistakes which have them berated by some female, over and over.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I never got through the campaign in the first one but I had shit ton of fun doing jumping on people and doing trolly shit in multiplayer.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sludig

The, or one of the writers apparently is a trans. However to their credit when discovered they commented their only interest was injection by operatic violence and nothing else. So hoping for a change its a blaire white nominally rational person outside their obvious mental malady.

• 2Like