Warhammer 40k

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
KT game from this past Friday. I've been trying out the SoS a little bit more to give myself some of variety from just running 4 Custode Guardians. The melee sword sisters seem really strong if you can get them in charge range.

In the 1st picture, that is Valerian about to squash a Kroot on the other side of the door.

1000001375.jpg

1000001376.jpg

1000001350.jpg

1000001354.jpg

I have to say I am pretty unimpressed with bolter and flamer SoS. They are good tho for bait and/or holding objectives.

I think for awhile I am gonna run with 2 Guardians w/spears, 3 Sword SoS & 2 Bolter SoS.

This game actually ended in a 14-14 tie.

Good times.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

Just finished the books. As we know currently he is either dead (yeah right perpetual) or out floating the warp waiting for his sons to collect his artifacts. I didn’t think he can be played or just Horus Heresy ?
He’stan is out collecting the artifacts left by Vulkan. I’m definitely not one to be reciting lore or history, so I’ll link to the lexicon. I have Vulkan as well and really have no intentions of playing him unless I play a specific 30k game. I picked up Vulkan before I knew he was affectively unplayable for now. Still like the figure.

Pretty sure this guy is playable, but not available for purchase at Games Workshop or Forgeworld.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Id be doing storm hammer/shield termies if I wanted some nasty melee over any kind of dread

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Not yet for brutalist solo kit - should be like 3-4 more months.
These Desolators are gonna be interesting, heavy intercessors is my killteam and the Lietenant apparently has a Jump pack which would be first for a primaris unit

Melee Levithan dreadnought is Narsty. SEE ME to have your jimmies rustled by dreadnoughts

Brad2770

So, I’m reading about Terminators and I come across these guys-

Are they just regular Terminator data sheets or do they have specific ones? Are they usable for 40k as well?

EDIT- Yeah I think they are just normal terminators otherwise, according to Reddit. Terminator assault squad for the Firedrakes and Devastators with multi-Meltas with the Pyroclasts. Shame. Great models. Definitely over priced for that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Nirg, you could never sim my customization of units - ever. All that shit's magnetized and that's the point of a 3000-30,000 point list.
Desolators look like they'll play nice for IH, kinda like everything do. :honkler:

Brad:
Forge World, Brad, is generally overpriced and shit Resin cast models.
Sure, they have UNIQUE stuff but literally since GW/FW swapped warehouses to larger spaces last year there was a marked change.

FIRST, the addition of 30k to GW website. Allegedly this action was the transition of these resin models from Forgeworld to all being cast going forward in plastic or lost.
Generally, Forgeworld models have offered more customization with hefty price tags. They look COOL AF honestly, Iron Hands have a few models on FW I've tinkered to buy but the newest hot shit is always best.
30k has not gone well, many sets fluctuate prices wildly.

TL;DR: Collect what you want, take care of it well, and grow the army you love.
Never play Leagues of Votann lol

• 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
haha! Trolling to see who was paying attention!!
I'll look forward to have my umgi legs blown off ;)

The Leagues have that new Ark's of Omen rule for SMurf attachment.
TBH MIGHT go for it to have Iron Kin with my Iron hands.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The brut doesn't have an official datasheet anywhere I could find

I presume the claws will reroll wounds which is always a nice extra

Prob goes great with multi meltas in a Salamanders list

I'm deep striking other shit - you can move 10 infantry in one deep strike then legally split them into squads of 5 to avoid blast so that's almost always what I'm going to do

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

Brad2770

The brut doesn't have an official datasheet anywhere I could find

I presume the claws will reroll wounds which is always a nice extra

Prob goes great with multi meltas in a Salamanders list

I'm deep striking other shit - you can move 10 infantry in one deep strike then legally split them into squads of 5 to avoid blast so that's almost always what I'm going to do
I was thinking the same thing about the brut. Basically Ironclad’s Primaris version.

I have been listening to Lorehammer on Spotify. It’s kind of hard to get past their initial ramblings, but once you get used to it, it’s not bad. After watching the Leutin video and adding in things from Lorehammer, he may be correct. You have the slow return of the Primarchs, the recent complete evolution of Angron and the supposed deal that the Emporer made with the chaos demons. I think, with my very limited knowledge, that it’s the only progression.

• 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
No Datasheet for Brutalist yet... solo release has not even been announced.
They DID release datasheet info for Desolators and looks NASTY!

The only unit currently available that is close to Brutalist is: Blood Angels Legion Contemptor-Incaendius Class Dreadnought

Deep Strike won't work if I devastator drop then you'll have to 9" away.. Also, Whatcha gone do when 2-3 drop pods come out? Mix of vanilla, Hellstorm, dreadnoughts

IF 10th Ed. is six books, it is gonna be a HELLUVA change. Would be tite if the Emperor got in a brutalist

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brad2770

No Data sheet for Brutalist yet... solo release has not even been announced.
They DID release a datasheet infofor Desolators and looks NASTY!

The only unit currently available that is close to Brutalist is: Blood Angels Legion Contemptor-Incaendius Class Dreadnought

Deep Strike won't work if I devastator drop then you'll have to 9" away.. Also, Whatcha gone do when 2-3 drop pods come out? Mix of vanilla, Hellstorm, dreadnoughts

IF 10th Ed. is six books, it is gonna be a HELLUVA change. Would be tite if the Emperor got in a brutalist
Any idea on the price? Comparing to other boxed sets that are roughly the same, it’s going to be around $200, right?

• 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
1 NEW LT., NEW Dreadnought, plus three squads?
This should be $220-240 but also keep in mind the recent "Price Increases"

Honestly, another squad of Heavy Intercessors plus 10 Desloators, a Meele dreadnought(my 2nd, love my Ironclad) and LT are EXACTLY the Meta my force needs. Have heard the LT will be first Primaris unit with Jetpack rules.. If he comes with an Axe/Jet pack, all Hail my new LT JumpSmashAxe

Any units that ignore Line of sight are my jam, planning to BLAST some beaky, pesky Ravens Guard to hell. I am considering an acquisition of an Astraeus or
Storm Eagle Assault Gunship to facilitate this.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
1.4 Dead Space Marines for Iron Hands Devastator Doctrine - Thank you Daddy Auspex!

• 1Like

Brad2770

The guys I’ll be playing with a majority of the time said they would be OK with me using this:

Would it be worth picking up?

I also picked up a Chaplain for my assault squads and terminators and a Captain with Master Crafted Bolt Rifle for my scouts with sniper rifles. I’ll be reserving the new Dreadnought box set on the 25th.

I’ll have progress to show soon. I put in 74 hours last week and already at 28 this week. My work is done tomorrow. Get to go home two days early.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Firing at units they can't see with kraks is really nice on the Deso squads

• 2Like