Warhammer 40k

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Squared up against the Boiz tonight in Boarding Actions.
20230526_210159.jpg

Very fun match, but the poor lads didnt stand a chance.

The Emperor of Mankind was smiled upon me tonight.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm hoping 10th isn't shit and there are better ways to play <2k games that actually catch on. BP is garbage IMO and KT just doesn't scratch that itch. Combat patrols being replaced with starter box is great for new players but not very fun. I just want a portable army again, I get jelly when I see legion or bolt action because it looks like you might be able to fit an army in a box. 2 squads, command, apc plus a tank, whatever.

I'm just tired of the sea of grey netlist 2k battles and it's only gotten worse with 3d printing. The games are too long, too obnoxious and tedious in 9th. I just don't see the changes really helping as much as they should, unfortunately dumb stuff like Repulsor Exec stat sheets, the qty of dice and nonsense stat lines are just baked in by this point. I remember when the razorback was the most complicated tank to play because it had that dumb LC plus twin plas turret.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

I'm hoping 10th isn't shit and there are better ways to play <2k games that actually catch on. BP is garbage IMO and KT just doesn't scratch that itch. Combat patrols being replaced with starter box is great for new players but not very fun. I just want a portable army again, I get jelly when I see legion or bolt action because it looks like you might be able to fit an army in a box. 2 squads, command, apc plus a tank, whatever.
As a newish player to the tabletop, and with 10th edition announced as I was initially cutting my teeth in small point games, I made the decision to not learn shit for 9th as I didnt want to fill my headup with stratagems and other shit that had the potential of going away soon.

Playing boarding actions has been a nice in between in learning keeping games small to get the handle of movement, shooting, charging & fighting, and since it (boarding actions) is going to stick around for 10th, I think it is a great avenue to help bring along new people into the game with not feeling overwhelmed.

I am blessed with having a great group to play with for Kill Team. On average, we have 8+ people with various different kill teams and a metric ton of terrain provided by the shop that it is going to be really hard for things to get stale.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok got bored watched a bunch of new 10th videos. It's looking really good, but there's a bunch of factions that are just looking complete trash (Deathwatch but lol no surprise) from indexes. I'm really liking how durable vehicles and monsters are except against pure AT.

Muurloen

My LGS was only allocated 60 Leviathan sets.I am glad I dont have to be there today to be apart of the madness of trying to get one pre-ordered today.

Eventually I want an actual book, but I am just waiting for my datacards and points to be released for my Custodes.

Anyone trying to get a pre-order box today?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My LGS was only allocated 60 Leviathan sets.I am glad I dont have to be there today to be apart of the madness of trying to get one pre-ordered today.

Eventually I want an actual book, but I am just waiting for my datacards and points to be released for my Custodes.

Anyone trying to get a pre-order box today?
I dunno tbh, them releasing the rules and indexes makes me almost not care at all. If they were the real deal multi part kits I would definitely consider it for some models themselves (e.g. sternguard and termis/characters) just because the value of rest tossed in.

So the book part I care about is already free, the models are only a deal if you want all of them and don't care about the push fit, and the pre order bonuses are kinda trash except if you go to a real GW store in person.

I feel like this is another skip for me, I'll pick up pieces on eBay maybe?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sitting in online queue while studying for a cert exam tomorrow morning. If I get one, Regime Regime will get the 'nids and the space marines will flesh out my ultramarine army. If not, not big deal. I was sitting at a computer studying today anyway.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm sitting in online queue while studying for a cert exam tomorrow morning. If I get one, Regime Regime will get the 'nids and the space marines will flesh out my ultramarine army. If not, not big deal. I was sitting at a computer studying today anyway.
What cert

sukik

What cert
Network+ for self-improvement. I've moved into my companies systems infrastructure team in the last year, and I'm weak overall in enterprise networking fundamentals. I should have no problem passing the exam, but I'm more concerned about retaining the material than the certification. The cert just forces me to take it seriously.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Network+ for self-improvement. I've moved into my companies systems infrastructure team in the last year, and I'm weak overall in enterprise networking fundamentals. I should have no problem passing the exam, but I'm more concerned about retaining the material than the certification. The cert just forces me to take it seriously.
Fo sho. Just remember, blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

sukik

Got one pre-ordered at 1 1/2 hours. Easy camp for anyone who's played EQ.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought about it but ended up just getting on the list for my FLGS. Still have two weeks to decide.