Warhammer 40k

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
pregame to our Ruinous powers matchup to learn 10th

Thousand sons vs Slannesh fighting over a Chaos Construct. Custodes coming to fight the winner.

Tomorrow is ruinous powers throw down

1688790966474.jpeg
IMG_1104.jpeg
IMG_1112.jpeg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm playing again tomorrow, 1k game against Da Boiz. I'll take pictures this time.

May the God Emporer smile upon me.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playing a friend's ruinous power game with Regime Regime and friends. 1ksons and emperor's children vs death guard and khorne demon army.

20230708_182233.jpg

20230708_182227.jpg

20230708_182221.jpg

20230708_182209.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amazing terrain. Were the peanut butter jars and protein powder containers breachable? 😅

Jokes, how did the games go?
IMG_1143.jpeg
IMG_1144.jpeg
IMG_1142.jpeg
IMG_1138.jpeg

Super tide turning game. Slaanesh and Tzeentch ruled turn 1 and 2 but we held the objectives longer and got most of our secondary objectives. By turn 4 we had 39 VP to their 20 and they called it. The beast of nurgles are amazing and were the GOAT of the game. They took so many shots and kept firepower off of costly units. Bloodletters and Demon Prince of khorne kinda sucked. I’ll stick to World Eaters instead of khorne demon army. The Demon army stratagems kinda suck and allied units can go into Death Guard much easier. (Hello 3 beasts of nurgle in my next 2000 Death guard point list)

Thousand sons are nasty AF. Beware their overwatch. Psychics and shooting so nasty with that overwatch CP1.
Possessed marines still great.

sukik sukik loved those beasts of nurgle:

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The game was fun and i learned a lot. This is the the second time I've played my 1k sons, and I only started building them recently for this game.

I have the paint scheme picked and 1 of each type painted, so I just need to finish the rest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got my first game of 10th in using my orks, felt damn good to get some proper Trukks and Boys spam going. Supergrots were amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Da Boiz wanted a krumpin with my Golden Host, and by the God Emperor's light they got one.

My list is:
Blade Wizard w/Ceaseless Hunter
-Wardens w/Spear x6
Shield Capt w/Veiled Blade
-Guard w/Spear x4
Allarus Terminators w/Spear x3
Prosecutors x5

The mission was strange. All No Man's Lands, save for the absolute middle one, were removed from the board, and in the shooting phase, if you had a unit eligible to shoot, they would instead perform a ritual and create a new objective marker that had to be 9" away from the middle, and 6" away from any other marker.

R1:
Forgot to take pictures of the initial board setup. I lost the goes 1st roll, which I wanted. He did what I expected him to do, which was take his Weird Boi, and roll for Da Jump and teleport that Weird Boi and 20 boiz all across the map into my back field. I didnt expect him to place them right inbetween my backline Prosecutors and a squad of 5 Guards with my Shield Captain, but that allowed me to shoot him with the Custodes, and then shoot again with the sisters which has precision when shooting at pyskers.

My Blade Champion w/Wardens move up the middle of the board to set themselves up to move again (ceaseless hunter enhancement ability) out of charge range of his mega-nob and deff-dread, but then move shoot & charge the following turn.

Finally I set my Allarus in deepstrike for use later.

20230709_135527.jpg

Bottom half of R1, I turned my Shield Captain around, moved towards that blob, but did not shoot with them as I did not want to lengthen my charge. I made my charge and just absolutely shrekt that squad. It came out to 29 attacks, hitting on 2s, S7, AP -2, 2 damage each. Now the rule with a Custodes, is that when you get into the fight phase, you have to select one katah. You get to choose between -1 to being hit, sustain hits 1, and lethal hits 1. An ability with the Shield Capt. is that you get to select two katahs. So I of course select sustained hits 1 (exploding 6s) and lethal hits 1 (auto wound 6s). The math for that is just insane and a lot of wound roles that it is unsurvivable. The weird boi did survive on 1 wound.

20230709_135524.jpg

20230709_135537.jpg

I scored 2 points for wiping out a unit for a 2ndary mission. Up 2-0 end of 1.

R2
He called his WAAAAAAGGGHHHH, and deep-striked with 5 stormboyz below my sisters, I responded with rapid ingressing my allarus to attempt to overwatch his 10 stack of stormboyz. I was hoping that grenade blast profile from my allarus would have been enough to take out 3 or 4 of the stormboyz out that 10. I did roll well to see how many shots I was got, but the hit roll..... good lord I know I needed 6s to hit, but out of 23, I only had 5 hits and then only landed 1 wound that he saved. Yeah... not worth the CP. Needless to say, he charged my sisters with all 10 storm boys, the group of 5 missed their charge, and the sisters got gang banged behind the smoke stack.

(note this picture was taken before i realized that i didnt use my ceaseless hunter ability, and my opponent was cool enough for me to reposition and then he reposition the 5 stormboyz). End of top R2, he is up 2-14, as he is holds two points and knocked me off of my home point. Killed his weird boy though, so that freed up my SC to move
20230709_143117.jpg

Bottom R2
I move up with all 3 of my remaining units to be able to land my charges, with the exception of the shield captain group as their charge to go where the the 10 stormboyz took my home objective was an 11" charge.

20230709_143123.jpg

1689024642215.png

Just dunked on that Deff Dread with 37 attacks w/lethal hits, and the Mega Nob actually survived on 3 wound from my Allarus. However, I was turning back the green tide on the board, and the scoring started to come back in my favor.

R3 to the end of the game (ill be quick and sorry no more pictures)
Opponent's WAAAGH is gone, and he scores 10 on primary to go up 2-24. He moves the 10 stormboyz to get an easy charge on my SC, shoots at me 1st, I save it, and then lands it. The scrap wasnt even close and he may have taken two wounds off of one of my guards.

posting this now and will comeback and finish it up later.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there a modern equivalent to CMON that's not shitty and also not Reddit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

I’m not sure what that is supposed to be.
He is reading an excerpt of a 40k book where Gulliman arrives on Baal to talk with Chapter Master Dante of the Blood Angels who just defeated a tendril of Tyranids. Baal is the homeworld of the Blood Angels.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He is reading an excerpt of a 40k book where Gulliman arrives on Baal to talk with Chapter Master Dante of the Blood Angels who just defeated a tendril of Tyranids. Baal is the homeworld of the Blood Angels.
The best part about that was, you could tell of all the Primarchs, Gulliman felt the pain Dante was going through. All that sadness and regret the chapter had been through and doing it the whole time primarchless. Also Robute loved his brother very much and sees him within Dante, a beloved nephew.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

IMG_20230721_215522.jpg

Kill team last night.

After 7 months I finally decided to graduate from compendium to bespoke. So naturally I chose the most broken Kill Team that is currently out there, The Chaos Cult.

Last edited:
  • 5Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Firstborn cull is a go. Probably most of the non-ambiguous (e.g. mk 7 infantry) basic kits that have or are rumored to have replacements for the codex drop are going now. The oddball is the hunter kit, that one was relatively new and no analogous replacement I don't think?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user