Warhammer 40k

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Firstborn cull is a go. Probably most of the non-ambiguous (e.g. mk 7 infantry) basic kits that have or are rumored to have replacements for the codex drop are going now. The oddball is the hunter kit, that one was relatively new and no analogous replacement I don't think?
Just the models or actual rules changes as well so only primaris can be played?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Firstborn cull is a go. Probably most of the non-ambiguous (e.g. mk 7 infantry) basic kits that have or are rumored to have replacements for the codex drop are going now. The oddball is the hunter kit, that one was relatively new and no analogous replacement I don't think?
1690235299588.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There are several Firstborn units sticking around. Scouts are supposed to be in this season of kill team. Them openly stating that using the kits that are leaving to proxy ones that are staying (e.g. Attack Bikes as pretend Outriders) is probably the best we could have expected. They're probably showing off the jetpack Primaris wave the next couple weeks so that folks can see what their Assault Squads will be Proxying. And tactical Marines are sticking around to avoid skunking the folks who just built piles of them using the heresy beakies+upgrade kits.

The big question is where this leaves chapter specific units that were built out of leaving kit+upgrade sprue, like the Talonmaster.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There are several Firstborn units sticking around. Scouts are supposed to be in this season of kill team. Them openly stating that using the kits that are leaving to proxy ones that are staying (e.g. Attack Bikes as pretend Outriders) is probably the best we could have expected. They're probably showing off the jetpack Primaris wave the next couple weeks so that folks can see what their Assault Squads will be Proxying. And tactical Marines are sticking around to avoid skunking the folks who just built piles of them using the heresy beakies+upgrade kits.

The big question is where this leaves chapter specific units that were built out of leaving kit+upgrade sprue, like the Talonmaster.
Well it seems like they'll keep selling most of these offshoot units until they get around to updating the models into ambigumarines with modern proportions.

Also, the scouts are supposed to be new neophyte mainline versions and are primaris.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How does this impact Space Wolves?
Unknown. They already are in need of either getting benched for a while or a huge range refresh. Though admittedly they are keeping tactical squads for now so idk.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unknown. They already are in need of either getting benched for a while or a huge range refresh. Though admittedly they are keeping tactical squads for now so idk.
That really sucks. I noticed they sidelined Plaguebearers and Horrors to Demon Army for Zangors and Poxwalkers in TE and DG.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
This is why you go with Custodes. There is no need to make a change or improvement on perfection.

I kid. I feel bad for the people that are gonna have to completely upgrade their armies from 1st born to Primaris.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is why you go with Custodes. There is no need to make a change or improvement on perfection.

I kid. I feel bad for the people that are gonna have to completely upgrade their armies from 1st born to Primaris.
Yeah same it’s stupid.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Eh it's a range refresh. They could have just called it mk x armor and made them truescale, then if you want to kill unit options from time to time just make it hinting to Guillman reforming the legions with ancient tactics (e.g. 10 man gun squads instead of devastators) and people would have gone nuts for dumb heresy references.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eh it's a range refresh. They could have just called it mk x armor and made them truescale, then if you want to kill unit options from time to time just make it hinting to Guillman reforming the legions with ancient tactics (e.g. 10 man gun squads instead of devastators) and people would have gone nuts for dumb heresy references.
I mean I’m good tho I do have some space wolf scouts I’m hoping still get to come.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean I’m good tho I do have some space wolf scouts I’m hoping still get to come.
They basically said in the article that everything is going legends, because they actually suggested you use the models to proxy primaris stuff.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They basically said in the article that everything is going legends, because they actually suggested you use the models to proxy primaris stuff.
If they made two decades of models obsolete, people would shit a brick.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If they made two decades of models obsolete, people would shit a brick.
You can just rebase and proxy. Which is what those brick shitters would have been doing if they just updated the kits anyway.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You can just rebase and proxy. Which is what those brick shitters would have been doing if they just updated the kits anyway.
Legends looks pretty cool like you can bring the models like Yarrick but call him a base .Commissar.