Warhammer Online RIP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Kinda sad and nostalgic for my Warrior Priest (was in Ruin on the Open RVR server Dark Crag) so I checked out the forums. WTF isthis sticky thread?

So the lead moderator quit, put up a sticky talking shit about the company, admits to removing mod powers from the game's lead developer, and that thread has been sitting in the general forumfor a month? Truly nobody at Bioware gives 2 shits about Warhammer. Wow ....
frown.png
He always got fanboi butthurt anytime you questioned the game so it's funny to see him so butthurt over the game closing.

Carrie hasn't been on the WAR team for a very long time. She left that team before they announced the fail MOBA to head up that team.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Kinda sad and nostalgic for my Warrior Priest (was in Ruin on the Open RVR server Dark Crag) ....[/URL]?
Hah I joined Ruin just for shits and giggles, that Archaos(sp?) guy is nuts but entertaining. I think this guild single handedly made them implement population caps at fortress fights.

I knew something was horribly off when I was leveling up just after release as my DoK, and almost never saw another soul past 20 near me. Same thing happened after Rift's expansion on the PvP server. Dead world!

Both sides had horrible balancing issues, and this game had non-existent support. When the post-city raid finally worked, loot would constantly bug out, only 3 of the 60 people would show up as contributors.

Besides Mythic seconds, don't forget the laggy client. Witch elves were OP as hell on release, but then balance came, and the order version of WEs became stronger than release WEs. I remember being 80% dead, and stunned, before the stupid invisible class would even render on my client.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Axeman, you've got some massive blinders on in that write up. There's so much wrong with it, it would take me hours to write it all up, plus several more hours to find the links required to prove it.
"Everything you say is wrong but I won't provide any arguments at all."

Sounds like a destro player who's butthurt and incapable of accepting that "your" classes were stronger at release because you feel that it attacks your ego and your credentials as a player. Standard gamer inferiority complex.

Also...

I also have a hard time taking you seriously when you say that Black Guards were the same as Ironbreakers, but just released later.
You literally made that up out of absolutely nowhere. Thetextbook definitionof a straw man argument. I'm actively chuckling at how openly you're willing to shit all over the concept of debate in order to desperately try to dispute my post without having any actual point or argument.

Personally, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you say that women should be beaten daily in order to keep them in line. That statement really proved how stupid and wrong you are. So there!

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
frankly the only two order classes that weren't average or worse at launch were bright wizard and ironbreaker. The former was slightly better than its counterpart (sorceress)while the latter had no counterpart class at launch, it came out a few months later. Aside from those, basically every destruction class was significantly better than its order mirror.
No strawman at all.

You claim that Ironbreaker was on par with Black Guard (when it finally showed up). Tell me, when Black Guards got released a few months after launch, were they balanced? Or did Order have another significant edge?

To even claim that a Bright Wizard wasn't 10 times that of a Sorc is a fucking joke. Withering Heat vs. Shadow Knives not even a contest in the BW's favour. Oh, Stop Drop and Roll? didn't have a Sorc mirror. The list goes on, but my memory of every ability is a little rusty. I know one ability the Sorc had that people complained about on the Order side was Frostbite (iirc), a ranged disarm with a 2 second cast time.

I played both sides of the game, I wasn't a Destruction fanboy, or an Order fanboy. I'm a massive fan of Warhammer in general (I do prefer 40k though).

Warrior Priest was equal to a DoK right up until you factored that one little trait you could slot to make your AoE group heal also group cleanse. Oh wait, they (Order) had an AoE detaunt, and the DoK didn't. WPs were god damned monsters.

Archmages and Shamans -- did you know that Archmages could double detaunt, forcing all damage done to them down to 1 damage per hit, no matter the amount? Archmage AoE punt didn't randomly punt them somewhere else either. Shaman on the other hand got randomly punted whenever they used theirs.

more later.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
I managed to find my warhammer screenshot folder, so here goes for nostalgia's sake. Unfortunately i could not find any city sieges in them
frown.png

rrr_img_48802.jpg

rrr_img_48803.jpg

rrr_img_48804.jpg

rrr_img_48805.jpg

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Too bad i rolled a witch hunter and was worthless in keep sieges
frown.png
The scenarios were fun as shit though because I would drop group and solo on my own. Good times. So much potential wasted.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I rolled an engineer and hated my life. Weakest class I've ever experienced.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
WAR was good until you dinged 40. All the lower tiers PvP was great, even Tor Anroc! Being able to level with nonstop warzone queues was really great fun.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Sabbat_sl said:
You claim that Ironbreaker was on par with Black Guard
No, idiot, I said it's the counterpart. As in the destro equivalent to the Ironbreaker class. Every class had a mirror class on the other side. Is this difficult to comprehend?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Only in this community could a failed and killed mmo inspire a debate on balance.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved this game. I had a very small group of very good players to PvP with. And, I rolled the most OP class I've encountered, the Warrior Priest.

Looks badass? check

rrr_img_49167.jpg

Tons of heals? Check.

rrr_img_49168.jpg

Heals and DPS? No problem

rrr_img_49169.jpg

Pure DPS? Yup... although I cant find a SS of that right now at work =p

Grace spec Warrior Priest was phenomenal though. Although overpowered to a degree, you needed to demonstrate actual skill to be useful. At one point the pure heal spec, Salvation (I think?), was just stupid OP with a spammable I win button. Huge team heal that also removed curses and DOTs on everyone, again spammable. It was ridiculous but you had to have a Salv WP and you had use it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Stop bringing facts into this thread. We need to hear how Order was not only ugly, but woefully underpowered as well.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had a lot of great memories in WAR too. 2-3 people could make a huge difference in a scenario, and roaming/zerg killing was actually possible with a small group. I had multiple max level characters for both order and destruction, and at different times in their balance cycles each side had some advantages. Overall I think at max level things were fairly balanced by the time they added the slayer/choppa. I had a lot of fun on my engineer and BW on order side, but nothing beat the DPS chosen. DPS Chosen+Choppa had just ridiculous synergy, but for some reason hardly anyone ran them together. I ran the combo a lot with a friend, and we just rampaged through everyone. AE pull, AE Knockdown, AE debuff, and both with huge AE burst. Fun times:

Malicent_079.jpg

Malicent_073.jpg

The engine definitely couldn't handle large scale RvR and it did lead to some funny moments. At one point during keep defense on my chosen the game engine lagged so badly that the auras I was cycling started stacking and not turning off when the order zerg arrived. A lot of our forces had gone to the next keep because they thought our badly outnumbered defense was a lost cause. By the time order got through to the inner keep I had so many stacks of my debuff and damage auras that they didn't fit on my screen. As order started going up the stairs to the lord room I ran down while instagibbing every order player my auras hit. The 3 of us grouped and on ventrilo were laughing pretty hard as the rest of the destruction wargroup and all the order that were wiped were trying to figure out what happened.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Most fun i had leveling in a game in quite some time, definitely wasted potential here =/

war priest and DoK really did ruin the game for some time though, nothing else was viable in scenarios as a healer, shaman was okay but still not great.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh yes large scale RvR was terrible, a complete slide show and not fun in any case. Typically it's a numbers game anyway. The Devs went overboard with selling Destruction as the 'cool' side because they were concerned about the numbers balancing. They looked at the huge Alliance numbers in WoW and figured they really needed to "sell" Destruction.

Many (most?) of the big guilds picked Destruction, and it became clear that was the case. So we picked Order. Insta queues and easy to small team hit the Destruction Zerg. It was great. Iron breakers, bright wizards and warrior priests made for amazing pvp teams. Yes the Magus pulls coupled with DoK stuns were stupid OP but hey, it happens.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I remember the DoK as kinda OP as well. I mean it was stupid that we had the same AE heal as warrior priests but it didn't have a cleanse. Who designed this shit?

My entire time leveling up I think I did open world PVP once. I can't believe Vimeo hasn't deleted it yet. Nothing exciting, just me vs a few order. Self heals are OP!

Yeah the WP AOE healing was kinda OP at first, but once you got one of those super fast Righteous Fury (mana) regen hammers it was insane. I don't remember them being that hard to obtain. I won it randomly when taking a keep.

The class seemed initially designed so that you would have to hit enemies to gain Righteous Fury in order to heal. But super fast regen made the class light years better than pure healer classes in nearly all situations.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Kinda sad and nostalgic for my Warrior Priest (was in Ruin on the Open RVR server Dark Crag) so I checked out the forums. WTF isthis sticky thread?

So the lead moderator quit, put up a sticky talking shit about the company, admits to removing mod powers from the game's lead developer, and that thread has been sitting in the general forumfor a month? Truly nobody at Bioware gives 2 shits about Warhammer. Wow ....
frown.png
Remember eximos by chance? was in that guild and we always loved when we ran into ruin zergs
smile.png

ive seen that guild ruin around in other mmos, seems like a giant turd/zerg fest.