WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched the first episodes and it's like they saw how well Harley Quinn was doing and incorporated that kind of humor. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as funny and doesn't fit the Scooby crew at all. Then on top of that you throw in a double down of sjw shit.
You watched this.....on purpose...

I liked Scooby Doo for what it was. There was nothing about that show that made me even think I was going to watch it. Her character was the boring one. It was painfully obvious as to why it was made.

My reaction when I saw the show announced...

Scared Cartoon GIF by Scooby-Doo

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You watched this.....on purpose...
Eh, Harley Quinn was supposed to be an SJW mess too, but it ended up being a great show. I also grew up with Scooby Doo. I didn't really know too much about the show going into it. It took me a second to even realize who the race swapped Shaggy was.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have to watch that vid either and am better off for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Velma has given me probably a few hours worth of entertainment..... in the form of youtube vids mocking it while I do other things.

This has to be a tax write off or something. To the show's credit, they've brought together the far left and alt right in absolutely hating everything about this racist, hate filled show.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Velma has given me probably a few hours worth of entertainment..... in the form of youtube vids mocking it while I do other things.

This has to be a tax write off or something. To the show's credit, they've brought together the far left and alt right in absolutely hating everything about this racist, hate filled show.
Brown person made the show so they have to put it out or get sued.

Malakriss

Ironically, the shows they did write off for tax breaks literally had to be dropped in the garbage and never used or shown, no matter if they were completed episodes/seasons. Likely created a binary situation where they either swung the ax or have to go through with releasing it, but someone in the diversity department said that the complaints over axing it would be greater then the backlash of airing it.

They were wrong.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doom Patrol is awesome. Really surprised by this. Titans is just a CW show with some more violence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
so HBO is selling westworld and other shows to air on some shit new ad network on roku/tubi

i just don't honestly get it at all, what a bizarre way to undercut your own library.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

Malakriss

Shows that don't generate new subscriptions and aren't super popular among existing are the first to get marketed off. They get money in just from the deal and maybe reach a different audience.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then you get the one that has enterprise on it as well I am really not sure how much money these people think we have but between the insane cable prices and all these competing streaming services aint nobody got this kind of money to sub to all of the things these days.

I pay for a 300mb line, Amazon and then rotate the others. Saves money over the old days of $140 a month. Football season is rough though. Have to pay for Fubo, or similar, and that's not cheap.

If you don't watch too much sports, then streaming really isn't that expensive as long as you can wait to watch the shows you want.

Or you can just do what some of my friends do and pirate everything.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I pay for a 300mb line, Amazon and then rotate the others. Saves money over the old days of $140 a month. Football season is rough though. Have to pay for Fubo, or similar, and that's not cheap.

If you don't watch too much sports, then streaming really isn't that expensive as long as you can wait to watch the shows you want.

Or you can just do what some of my friends do and pirate everything.
I got a 1gig pipe from Verizon, pay for Amazon, Hulu w/ads, HBO w/ads, and Peacock for $2/month (got a black Friday special for a year). So like $25 plus the pipe.

Malakriss

I thought the metric was new users who subscribe to watch a show, or at least are retained because of a show? If it generates no actual revenue why waste money on it?

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr they wanna remake the original books as 7-9 years of TV show

im all for it, more harry potter for everyone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

No confidence in their casting to find people comparable to the movie versions. Multiple actors at a young age that can go through college for the full duration? No chance.

Expect recasts halfway through if it lasts that long.

• 2Like