Warrior

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Doing a quick recap with S1 e10, then on to S2. I watched S1 back in 2019, and I think maybe 1 or 2 into S2. This kind of stuff is my jam. San Fran has always been a 3rd world shithole, but it has some really awesome history.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just started Season 3. This is a really good show! Wild that a lot of the actors (including the lead) are brits.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just started watching this. Great show but the street fight scene left me a little puzzled. Why did the Main character and his sister's main man not fight? The big guys were on the street but they never came together? That was the first let down. They should have just had the "Captains" hang back and let the soldiers do all the fighting as a way to justify them not clashing eventually. I know they want to save the eventual showdown(Still on episode 8 Season 1) for the end or cliffhanger.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sucks. They should have ended with him getting on the fucking train then. They left it to open not to have another season.

Sigh....

Szlia

This show is very good. It's on Max and will be soon (or already is?) on Netflix, so check it out! The setting is very interesting and was totally unknown to me: San Francisco in the 1870s with tensions between gangs in chinatown, irish workers who see their jobs go to cheaper chinese workers, policemen who try (or not) to do an impossible job in an impossible situation and politicians split between trying to please their voters who want work and safety and their financial backers who want cheap labor. This complex situation allows for a great many power struggles that drive the story. There are many interesting characters, some of them heavily inspired by historical figures (like the Madam Ah Toy). The way the show handles the different languages is also pretty elegant and the actors do a good job with it (when Chinese characters are with each other, the cast acts in English, but when you have Chinese characters having to speak in English to non-Chinese people, the actors go in "english as a second language" mode).

My only issue is the somewhat forced "cable effect" that feels very outdated. By that I mean displaying a level of violence and nudity that would not be possible on a network show, just to say "we're on cable! Wuwu!" without it really serving the story. As a proof, the show is very inconsistent with it. Minor gripe really.

spronk

FPS noob
as said above its on netflix now and pretty good, only watched 3 episode but some great tits and violence that reminds me of stuff i thought was long gone like black sails or spartacus. seems interesting so far.

it got cancelled and i doubt netflix is gonna do fuck all with it other than keep 3 seasons on for a while, its from the guys who did Banshee back in the day (also 100% worth a watch) so just something else to throw on instead of modern day garbage. It was originally on Cinemax I guess, which explains all the nudity

i originally passed because i thought it was set in modern day America but its ~1870s San Francisco and is a mostly asian cast who all have reverse yellow fever

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Awesome show so far. At the Hateful Eight homage episode or whatever. Gold in the corpse. Splaaat, lots of blood. Loved the jugular grip, niiiiice. Now on to the CNY episode. Dude is humping the majors wife, and boooom, dynamite. Awesome!
Warrior GIF by Cinemax
andrew koji warrior GIF by Cinemax

spronk

FPS noob
season 1 was really good, it got worse after that. its really bizarre the show spent more and more of its time on the white people

still worth a watch, the action scenes and swearing were really good. reminded me a bit of deadwood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Finished it. Last 3 episodes was a wrap up. Kinda meh with the final fights. At least Mai Lings dude got to be boss in the end. White man bad, John Chinaman good. Would've loved a s4.